Saturday, 31 January 2015

Welcome to Saturday challenge day

Hi there,
 
How are you all? Hope you've had a good week and that the weather hasn't inconvenienced you too much.

Last night saw hubby making a from scratch Mexican fajitas - yummmmm ... messy, but oh so tasty! Just wish we knew of a decent Mexican restaurant in our area - ah well! At least we know of several which, sadly, are NOT so local!
 
Anyway, it's challenge day so, without further ado, here's the challenge card I should like to share with you today ....
 

Here's my card with lots of "little ones" on it!
And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

And the little sets I used!
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card (2), black card, lime card
  • On the smaller white snippet I used numerous shapes from the Stamplorations "Mod shapes" and the following inks:- Ranger Archival jet black, versacolour silver, Hero Arts neons in green and blue
  • From the Stamplorations "Celebrate Artsy" I used just the sentiment and stamped in on my banner using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I then matted my panel on the lime and then the larger white panel (by this time coloured with Hero Arts neon blue DTP method) and then black .... this snippet only needed cutting down one side - perfect!!!

I've left an inner sentiment off as I feel it could fit several occasions
 
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - "Little Ones"
  2. Crafts4eternity - "No patterned paper" ..... all mine started life plain!
  3. Stamplorations never ending challenge - "Anything Goes" but Stamplorations products must form the bulk of your card design
Happy Saturday ... I'm well happy as I just discovered I was a winner over at Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Card Challenge - Woo Hoo! Thank you Hazel. FYI their latest challenge is to produce a Christmas project featuring something beginning with "B" ... in case you fancy trying it out.
 

15 comments:

Chrissie said...

I have these stamps too Kathy, but mine haven't seen ink as yet... I think I may just have to get going after seeing yours!
Super job using little ones!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lauren Hatwell said...

WOW! LOVE those stamplorations stamps AND what you did with them. TOP JOB! Lx

Chris said...

Fab card Kathy! Great stamping, lovely colour choice. Love the matching envelope and insert, so very stylish!
Chris
x

serendipity said...

lovely card Kathy, great colours and like the way you've done the inside too.

Debs M said...

the turquoise looks great with the other colours, well done on your win x

SARN said...

I'm in total agreement with Lauren. Happy Saturday x

Craftyrose said...

Fabulous indeed lady and loving the snippet reduction classes you are giving me! xxxx

Clare Lloyd said...

Well done on your win. Super colours on your card.

Cherry said...

Fabulous Kathy. Loving those stamps and your colour choices for using them. Glad you had a yummy evening too. Hugs C xxx

Lynne said...

Great card Kathy, looks very retro.
Lynne xxx

catherine said...

fabulous card Kathy and just loving those stamps!! I could find them so useful! Glad you enjoyed your homemade takeaway!!
x catherine

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Great card and for choice Kathy
Thanks for linking up
Sarah
Less is more

Anne said...

Kathy what a super little ones card, really stylish!
Thanks for joining us this week at LIM
Anne
Less is More

Carol said...

A fabulous card Kathy, great use of those little stamps. Carol x

michele said...

Lovely card :) Thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity hugs x