Saturday, 17 January 2015

Welcome to Saturday's challenge day post .....

Hello dear readers,

Firstly, I should like to welcome my newest followers, Carol of CM Design and Diana of DL Art - hope you'll find a reason to stop by from time to time.
 
Hope your weekend is off to a great start ... me? I usually try to craft of a Saturday morning, usually listening to Sounds of the Sixties on Radio 2!!! A cup of coffee in one hand and a craft knife in the other and BINGO - I'm in heaven!
 
Still trying to use those pesky snippets up and layers appears to be the way to use the most of them at one time .... so I'd like to share another ATC with you today ... if you saw my Wednesday post then you will surely recognise that black glittered (and splattered) snippet from there!
 
 
My ATC
The fab Crafters Companion glitter effect on the black card
shows up so much better in the "matrials" photo ...
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Black card for base layer and glittered black card for third layer (Paper Artsy splatter image then stamped several times using Versacolour white ink)
  • Pink double sided card (the other side is a pink/grey patter which I felt would be too busy)
  • White snippets on to which I stamped my Hero Arts sentiment and my unmounted (and unknown manufacturer's) dancing couple image on to using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • I die cut the sentiment to fit the domed sticker though, on reflection, I do feel like I should have coloured the sentiment BEFORE attaching the sticker! Ah well, the benefit of hindsight!
 
I've been trying to use up many of my "snippets" of card this week, almost like a demon if you saw Wednesday and yesterday's posts!!! STILL working on it and Sarn's brilliant idea of getting ahead of myself with my challenge ATC's is really clever as it means I get to use twice as many snippets!! However, despite snippeting like a banshee I don't seem to be making much of a dent in the pile of the blooming things!!! I suspect someone is visiting my home and adding their own snippets to my pile ... or perhaps it's the fairies?!?!?!

Here are the duplicate materials which I shall be sending to my ATC swap buddy, I now have THREE projects prepared in advance but have an outstanding challenge to return to her ... which one will I send? I wonder - it's not often I have a choice!.
 
 
White card with image, plain and glittered black card, double sided (pink/grey) card
a sentiment and clear dimensional sticker
  
I'll be entering the ATC above for the following challenges:
  1. Clear It Out Challenge where their theme is "PINK THINGS" (the PINK layer and the PINK frock!)
  2. Runway inspired challenge - "Ralph Lauren photo inspiration" (my female image wearing both a pink and flowing frock!) ..... except it's closed - sorry peeps, missed it!! DARN!

The Runways Inspired inspiration!

And, of course, I'll be entering the card below for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More blog today .... with the theme of: "FRIENDS"
  2. Splendiferous Creations - "GIRLFRIENDS"
  3. Sister Act Card challenge - "ANYTHING GOES"
  4. Uniko Studio - "Love and Friendship" - I've gone with the friendship element
 

My card
And the co-ordinating insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel (x 2 including the insert)
  • 14cm square Kraft card panel (x 2 including the insert)
  • Stamping Bella "Javabelles" image stamped on to the white card panel using Memento rich cocoa ink
  • Alcohol markers to colour
  • Freckled Fawn sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" stamped randomly using Versacolour gold ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Sparkle to seal and protect .... think my can is coming to an end - but I am loving it so I'd best get some more!, thanks Lilian!


23 comments:

Debs M said...

Great makes Kathy - love the friends card x

Chrissie said...

You always do such a fab job, not just with the cards themselves but with the inners and the envelopes too!
Great job Kathy, star commenter too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Gillian R said...

Beautiful cards Kathy. Love them

Di said...

Wow Kathy, two fabulous cards here!LOVE the couple dancing and your card for LIM is just perfect. I adore Stampin' Bella stamps - they're simple but make a real statement!

Hugs

Di xx

Anja said...

Wow! Great colors and I like the way the inside of the card and the envelope match the scene. tsf =) Anja

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous LIM cards! xx Jan

Ruth said...

This is a beautiful card. I love the way you do your inserts and envelope!

scrappyjacky said...

Love your 'best wishes' card.
I usually listen to Sounds of the 60s as well.

SARN said...

Really like the Friends LIM card with a a few background splatters too. FAB.

The dancing couple ATC is brilliant too. Well done on getting SOOOO organised AND reducing your snippets pile, even if it doesn't LOOK like you have!

Happy Weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Gerrina said...

Love both the ATC and the card! Great work on using the snippets and sets me on the path to go use them more (started using all those BG-gellilate-papers aswell!)
Great sentiment on the second card!
Enjoy the weekend, Gerrina

Loll Thompson said...

Your ATC is so pretty Kathy ... love the glittery goodness in black. And your friends card is awesome, such an adorable image! CAS perfection ... love the splatters.

My snippets box and has now morphed into several snippets boxes and now I have a separate one for card fronts that I've made trying new techniques. Geesh! :) xx

catherine said...

You have been busy kathy but all looks fabulous. Great your still trying to use up those scraps
x catherine

Ann Tuck said...

Great cards Kathy and your Friend for LIM is fab! Love the simplicity of those images, but you have made them splash with your ink splats - a good choice for embellishment! :)

Lesley Thomas said...

You were busy yesterday Kathy. I like what you came up with too. Hope you win.

Sid said...

Fab card and it'as very effective !

Lynn B said...

Fab cards, love the LIM one especially.
Pity you don't know who the dancing couple is by its s great image
linby x

Kathyk said...

LynnB - it's just a piece of unmounted rubber - I bought it at a stall at the Stampfest on the Bay show in Clearwater probably 8-10 years ago - sorry!

If anyone has any idea then PLEASE let me know

Kathy

Viv's Visuals said...

Great cards as always Kathy!

Samantha A. said...

What neat projects! Great job! Thanks for playing along at Clear It Out!
Samantha
-Clear it Out DT
Designs by Sammy

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fantastic cards and interpretation of challenges as always Kathy
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
You might also like to link up at Uniko Studio where the challenge theme is Love & Friendship.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Beverley said...

Awesome cards :) Thanks SO much for joining in on the Uniko Studio Challenge. Hugs Bev x

Elaine said...

Great card and stamp to use. Love how you've decorated the envelope too!!

Anne said...

Hi Kathy
What a gorgeous bunch! Love that spattered background to your LIM card.
Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More