Saturday, 3 January 2015

Welcome to a soggy Saturday challenge day afternoon!!!

Afternoon,
 
Bit of a late one for me . . . .  bit of computer trouble at the purple palace. Woke up this morning to find my PC had re-booted itself overnight. Nothing odd about this normally but I had a rather disconcerting error message displayed. Now, my normal reaction is to call the I.T. department but unfortunately said I.T. department was still fast asleep and getting over a cold so I didn't want to disturb his slumbers!!! Anyhoo, he eventually awoke so I grilled him over the meaning of my error message and, like a good member of an I.T. department he set to work .... took him a little while to work out that the origin of the error message lay in an application uploaded to my computer some considerable time ago, to enable the transfer of music (on vinyl) on to my PC ...... an update to this application had caused our anti virus software to throw its toys from the pram and bombard me with the nasty error message. War Rocket Ajax from the I.T. department removed the offending issue and set our anti virus software on a full scan of my PC, which took HOURS and this, dear readers, is why I'm late today!!!
 
HOWEVER, I've not been wasting my time so, without further ado, I'd like to share with you what I've been doing whilst offline!.
 
My card

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square panel of 190gsm (119lb) water colour paper
  • 13½cm square panel of Rymans 200gsm white card
  • Post It to use as a mask
  • Inkadinkado heart image stamped three times (once on to the post it and cut out - to use as a mask) using Versamark ink before sprinkling liberally with copper embossing powder and heat embossing
  • Brushos scarlet painted water colour style in to a panel and then the darker brilliant red used to over paint the two hearts
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter stamped using Ranger Archival vintage sepia which is quite red
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - "Black, Metallic + One" (Metallic being copper and my +1 being red)
  2. Happy Little Stampers - "Water Colouring"
  3. Crazy for CAS - "Use splats"
 
Have a fab Saturday, I hope you are having better luck with your own electronics and that it's not raining quite as hard where you are either!!!


22 comments:

Craftyrose said...

Gorgeous anniversary cards lovely lady.xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

That's lovely Kathy and I'm so pleased your PC issues are sorted now, nothing's more frustrating! I LOVE the simplicity of your card1 Hazel x

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Hi Kathy

Thanks for your comment on my blog a little while ago. I tried to answer your question via e-mail, but you are a 'no reply', so, in answer to your question, no, I'm not on the forum (I didn't know anything about it), still learning and finding my eway around, so much to learn!

Hazel x

Debs M said...

what a nuisance! Love the watercolour effect x

Jan Ltc said...

Fabulous card! Kathy. Happy 2015 xx Jan

scrappyjacky said...

Lovely card.
At least you have an IT department....wish I did!

Karen Ashbrook said...

Beautiful card, the insert and envelope really add to it. Karen x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Super striking, super CAS and a super take on the challenge Kathy.
Hope your computer stops playing up for you ... we do rely on them don't we!
Happy New Year and thanks as always for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

catherine said...

Great card kathy and very striking. Glad you managed to sort out the IT problems - these things are a nightmare sometimes!
x catherine

catherine said...

Great card kathy and very striking. Glad you managed to sort out the IT problems - these things are a nightmare sometimes!
x catherine

Loll Thompson said...

Beautiful card Kathy. Love the watercolours patch with the pretty embossed hearts. The splats of dark red are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at Happy Little Stampers CAS Watercolouring challenge! Loll xx

Bonnie said...

Oh, aren't you lucky to have a resident IT person! Love how you passed the time! This is a gorgeous card, inside and out and envie too!

Ann Tuck said...

Striking card and clever design, Kathy! Glad you had plenty to do while your PC was out of action - and hope the IT dept head is feeling better too!

Lynn said...

Lovely card Kathy - I particularly like the watercolour effect and the splatters. It sounds as if you deal with your IT problems the same way as I do - only for me it took some time for me to get up and running again. Happy new year to you. Lynn x

Gerrina said...

What a beautiful shape you got just by using the stamp in a different way! Glad your PC is working fine now... Have a good week, Gerrina

Kylie said...

Gotta love a good IT bloke. Hang onto that one! ;)
Your card is perfectly CAS and I love the design. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Miranda Mols said...

So simple, so beautiful. Thanx for joining CFC

Carol said...

Love this Kathy, so many techniques in such a small space! Carol x

Lynne said...

Fabulous Kathy
Lynne xxx

Chrissie said...

This is a great card Kathy, I love the over-stamping.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Ellen said...

Lovely card!
Thanks for joining us at Crazy for CAS.

Anja Curvers said...

This is really lovely. Thank you for joining us over at CFC.