Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning readers,
 
Hope your week is shaping up well and that you haven't been too inconvenienced by the cold snap we're enjoying, sorry, enduring! I've been getting up in the morning's to temperatures around -1°c - -3°c, not what you might call REALLY cold but pretty cold for the temperate south west U.K. I do know that some of my on-line crafting buddy's have been suffering temperatures as low as -25°c - now THAT'S cold!!!

Nipped out yesterday (once it had warmed up above 0°c) to track down the location of a workshop I have booked ... honestly? I've driven through this village dozens of times and never (ever) spotted the village hall!!! Found out why yesterday .... the sign for it is about 18" long by about 8" high - no wonder I missed it!! It's tucked away but I found it!! YAY! Once you know where it is it looks like a really nice venue - hugely looking forward to this class now.
 
Mind you, whilst it's been cold and slippery outside I've found things to do in the snug warmth of my own home!!! And, yes, crafting DOES feature pretty prominently though both hubby and I have been going through old paperwork and shredding a ton of the stuff - well it sure FELT like around a ton of the stuff when we took it to the dump on Monday! Better there than in our "office" though and we are now feeling smugly self righteous for getting it done and out of the way .... till the next time!!
 
Amidst the shredding, I have headed to my table of craftiness and I'd like to share another make with you today ....
 
 
My card

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • 14.1cm square deep blue card panel, for matting
  • Snippet of white card (a leftover from cutting two square panels from a piece of A4)
  • Turquoise brusho (water colour crystal) smooshed with water to make a liquid and then simply brushed (with a broad brush) and set aside to dry - I love the "wavey" look to the water colouring
  • Little Yellow Bicycle sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped randomly using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine - to seal the water colour panels
 
I will be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. The Paper Players - CAS and "Focus on the sentiment"
  2. Happy Little Stampers - CAS and "Water Colour"
  3. Gem of a challenge - "Card for a boy" - well CAS AND blue - gotta be a guy card!
  4. Through the Craft Room Door - "Anything Goes"
  5. The Male Room - "Shades of Blue"
 
And, since today IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I would quite like to share my desk with you ... some of you may have spotted a new A3 cutting mat - a gift from hubby late last year ..... my old one was getting soooo scarred that I could feel it through card sometimes and I figured, since I had a new one, I might as well start the new year with a new mat.
 
 
 
 
And, if I may say so ... it's not TOO untidy this week either ..... I even sorted out my snippets in to colour families this week!! At least I can get to the crafting section - I have so little space, how I should love a whole room to craft in - ah well, WHEN I win the lottery ......
 

14 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Glad to hear you found the venue of your workshop. one less thing to worry about when the time comes. Bet you're looking forward to it already :oD

Your crafty desk is looking very neat and tidy. I'm impressed.

Lovely card. Wholeheartedly approve of the colour ;oD. I DO love a bit of blue...

Have a great day.

Lx

SARN said...

I am also loving the wavy look to the watercolour background. And there's SLATS . . . me likey splats!

You deserve a pat on the back for all the shredding and tidying and sorting you've been doing!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Kathy, I have a whole room and its so stuffed that I can hardly move in there. Just more to tidy up, I'm afraid. Have space, will spread.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

This is lovely Kathy! Great watercolour piece! Hazel x

Debs M said...

ooh what workshop - great make x

Loll Thompson said...

Beautiful colour for your watercoloured background Kathy. Love how you got the brushos to flow so well. Lovely paired with the large sentiment and splatters. Fabulous CAS w/c card! Thanks for playing again at Happy Little Stampers! Loll xx

LesleyG said...

oooh love that watery wavy background.....hope you don't mind if I give that a try! xxx

Kathyk said...

Look forward to seeing your take on the wavy background then, Lesley

Kathy

Kylie said...

Your background is wonderful. Reminds me of under the ocean. Love the large sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Karren said...

Fabulous card and I love the matching pieces! The blue is so rich looking and I love that beautiful big sentiment. Thanks so much for joining us at The Paper Players.

catherine said...

Love your card Kathy and the striking blue. looks like you have a productive desk waiting there
x catherine

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card. Love the watercolor look. Thanks for joining us at Through the Craft room Door.

cotnob said...

This is a fabulous card, a brilliant CAS design.
Thank you for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.
Pauline
x
I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

Rocky said...

Thank you for entering a perfectly blue male card with us at TMR. I love the decorated envelope too.