Not only did hubby get a night off from cooking last night but he went out to another meeting ... which left me free to craft. Thought I'd have another go with the water colours .... this time Distress Inks - I haven't made it in to a card yet - can't quite make up my mind whether I like it enough!, it's a little more old fashioned than my usual work ... but I bought the stamp whilst in Christchurch, N.Z.
Here's how it started off ...
- 13½cm square of 119lb water colour paper
- Couple image (Rubber Stamps of Montarga) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Stampendous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Distress Inks used water colour style with a paint brush and water ... black soot, vintage photo, pumice stone, mustard seed, shabby shutters, antique linen, tumbled glass
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal the water based colour
SO? What do you think of my panel ..... is it worth making in to a card? If you think the answer is yes .... then what colour border/mat do you think I should use? Can't wait to hear your opinions
It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday once more and I can tell you what's on my workdesk ...... an unholy mess, as usual!! I don't know why but I seem to be almost incapable of putting stuff away when I'm done - perhaps it's because I'm never done with it! My husband used to have a little plaque which said "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius" and, if that's true then I must really be SOMETHING! Sadly, it isn't but hey ..... as if to prove the point (about the mess, not the genius) ...