Wednesday, 7 January 2015

Whoopee, it's mid week already!

Morning all,
 
I regret to inform you all that I must be very ill!!! Before you panic, I should explain ... I don't "DO" cooking and yet today will be the FOURTH TIME SINCE CHRISTMAS that I will have cooked!! Not entirely sure how this happened but yesterday was a rather tasty casserole because we needed to use up the broccoli and today I just fancied Chilli! I'm a huge fan of the "bung it" method of cookery! Less clearing up you know! Either way, the hubby was glad of a couple of nights off! What with that AND a spate of domesticity in the form of ironing  and cleaning windows yesterday afternoon I shall spend the rest of today lying in a darkened room! - I've warned my hubby that "it won't last"!

Not only did hubby get a night off from cooking last night but he went out to another meeting ... which left me free to craft. Thought I'd have another go with the water colours .... this time Distress Inks - I haven't made it in to a card yet - can't quite make up my mind whether I like it enough!, it's a little more old fashioned than my usual work ... but I bought the stamp whilst in Christchurch, N.Z.



Here's how it started off ...


 
 
And here's how it looked coloured and the colours used:-




Materials used:
  • 13½cm square of 119lb water colour paper
  • Couple image (Rubber Stamps of Montarga) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stampendous sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Distress Inks used water colour style with a paint brush and water ... black soot, vintage photo, pumice stone, mustard seed, shabby shutters, antique linen, tumbled glass
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal the water based colour

SO? What do you think of my panel ..... is it worth making in to a card? If you think the answer is yes .... then what colour border/mat do you think I should use? Can't wait to hear your opinions

It's What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday once more and I can tell you what's on my workdesk ...... an unholy mess, as usual!! I don't know why but I seem to be almost incapable of putting stuff away when I'm done - perhaps it's because I'm never done with it! My husband used to have a little plaque which said "A cluttered desk is a sign of genius" and, if that's true then I must really be SOMETHING! Sadly, it isn't but hey ..... as if to prove the point (about the mess, not the genius) ...
 

 
 
Hope you have something special on your desk today

10 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Don't know why you aren't sure about this 'card' Kathy, I am sure that if you sent it to someone who has an Anniversary, I'm convinced that they will love it.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning. I can't QUITE believe it's the middle of the week ALREADY. Where does the time go. All that, AND I've just discovered I'm a genius!? I WAS going to do some housework but I think I'd better use my time more usefully and contact MENSA straight away ;oD.

Have a good one matey.

Lx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Sorry, you asked about your panel. I would want to funk it up with some more stamping. It would make a great steampunk card. On it's own I'd say it's a little old fashioned.

Lx

SARN said...

Morning to you my little temporary Domestic Goddess and total GENIUS!

According to your mess philosophy, I am extremely thick!!!!! Hey ho!

Err, if you know an 80 year old celebrating an anniversary, your panel will be fine mate. I'm kinda with Lauren on this one. Well, you DID ask!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Very impressed with your new found domesticity....and your distressed painting....lovely card.

Debs M said...

OOh steampunking it is a great idea! Glad to hear I'm a genius too! x

Craftyrose said...

Dear, dear Kathy....I do hope you are feeling much better...hope this new found domestic goddess illness doesn't last too long....cooking I could cope with, but ironing??? Shock horror! Love the painted image, but I'd want to jazz it up personally. Each to their own though Kathy, depends on who the recipient will be.xx

catherine said...

Is Domestic Goddess the aim for the new year!-LoL- more crafting needs to be done I think!!!

Great use of the distress inks for the colouring.
x catherine

Hettie said...

Good grief Girl. Pour yourself a glass of wine and sit down before you hurt yourself!
Liking your panel. I would be inclined to go for one of the browny colours you have used so that it picks them out and wont matter which anniversary it is for.
If you get a card and ink the edge then put the panel on top you keep the weight down as well as match perfick like too!
Now go and tidy your desk!
Hugs
xx

Lilian said...

Love the card as it is Kathy, Love the colour also. Hugs
lilian