Thursday, 26 February 2015

A Thursday post from me!!! SURPRISE!

Morning
 
Yesterday was a nice day weather wise and I was pleased as I was seeing a pal in the afternoon, she's had a rough time of late and it was nice to see her smile. I'd had a delivery of a crazy stamp set and she chuckled aloud when I showed her too - she's now challenged me to ink it up sharpish and I have .... but that's not what I'm sharing with you this morning ........ instead a masculine card ... I cannot remember the last time I used a peel off, in fact I threw LOADS away recently, thank heavens I kept this sheet of mirri peel offs .......
 
 
My card ..... featuring a mini which also has "WINGS"

A close up of my peel off "mini"
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel, black card for matting
  • "Mini" silver mirri peel off applied to a snippet of black card and close cut out before mounting on dimensional foam tape
  • Creative Expressions "tyretrack" and Paper Artsy "splatter" images stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Stamplorations "coffee ring" images stamped using the denim from a Kaleidacolour ink pad
  • Credit card dragged through a Ranger Archival pad in cobalt blue and then used to create random lines
  • Black brusho mixed with water to make liquid and then splattered using a splatter brush
  • Kan Ban sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
 
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
  1. CASology - "Mini"
  2. Simply Less Is More - "Wings" - bit of lateral thinking involved here but cars have "wings"!!! Hope my fellow LIM-ettes will chuckle when they see this!
  3. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippet challenge"
  4. That Craft Place - "Movie Inspired" - I went with those mini's from The Italian Job!!!!
 
Happy Thursday

20 comments:

Sue - said...

Great card Kathy - I'm all for lateral thinking!

Lesley Thomas said...

Well this is a surprise, but it just goes to prove that I pop in every day to see if you have been up to anything. Hope the card does well in your competitions!

Di said...

Bwahaha, so clever Kathy! And such a great card as well.

Hugs

Di
xx

SARN said...

Great use of the dreaded peel offs, I must say!

Fab male card . . . especially if they are a mini owner!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

A peel off!? Blimey! Whoever thought a peel off would look so good. I salute you. What a great card!

Lx

Karen D. said...

what a cool card Kathy....love the grunge feel of it!

Debs M said...

were we not just discussing peel offs??? well done it looks great x

Hannelie said...

Great minds do think alike Kathy!
Love your take on the cue word!

Becca Cruger said...

This is perfect for a guy! That metallic car is such a cool element and when you pair it with that grungy background it makes for an amazing creation!

Viv said...

This looks great Kathy, well done ;) Viv xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love how you've used the car.

Tracey McNeely said...

Kathy this is so fun, love the mini 'mini'! Thank you for sharing with us at CASology this week.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

I thought you'd linked up by mistake there Kathy and I was scratching my head looking for a bird or butterfly - then the penny dropped DUH!
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Joyce said...

Wonderful mini sticker, and it makes a fantastic masculine card. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Julie B said...

I wondered where you were coming from at first, but got it in the end, Doh!
Clever twist. :)

Chrissie said...

Well, I must admit that I had to read your blog before I got the connection to the challenge with this one, but it did make me smile when I did!
What fun!
Thanks again.
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Anne said...

Clever wording and a fun card Kathy!
Thank you for joining us at Less is More
Anne
LIM

Stacey Schofield said...

great idea those peel offs are so cool


Thanks for joining us at That Craft Place xx Stacey S xx

Kay Dalton said...

what a fab card, love it, thanks for joining us at That Craft Place

Taunya Butler said...

This is a pretty awesome card - any guy would be impressed by that shiny and cool car!! You did a great job on this masculine card!!
Taunya Butler
daisiesgirl.com