Wednesday, 18 February 2015

Hump Day Wednesday again .....

Morning and welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Got the lovely Riddick and his family due this morning as he's got a problem that only an avid crafter can fix for him .... his leather collar's a little big and he's backed out of it twice now so they want another hole punched in it. Here's where the avid crafter, armed only with her trusty crop-a-dile big Bite, comes in!! We hope that it will solve his problem and keep him safe too.
 
Now it's time to share a craft project with you .... I've already started packing for Craftathon and some of my inks/glues, etc are packed so, I wondered if I could manage without unpacking .....
 
My card
Materials
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel matted on black card with a 1/16" border, cut with my perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Low tack tape
  • 13cm square of card with a die cut circle out of it, I kept the circle so I could use both positive and negative as masks
  • Taping down the large square mask I sponged Distress Ink in worn lipstick through, using a Tim Holtz blending tool and foam pad.
  • Having removed the mask I placed the circle mask over the area just sponged and (using low tack tape) taped a border before applying spun sugar through.
  • Stamplorations "chevron" image stamped using Distress Ink in worn lipstick
  • Stamplorations sentiment and Clearly Inspired "coneflower" image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to protect and seal my water based colour

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. CASonSunday - "Chevrons"
  2. Addicted to CAS - "MASK"
  3. CASology - "Monochrome" .... I understand that black and white are acceptable additions to monochrome - least, I'm HOPING so!
  4. Stamplorations - challenge #28 "Sketch" - see below

 
And Lesley T asked a question about the coneflower image from a recent post (and also used above) ..... it was from this set by Paper Inspirations range of clear stamps entitled CLEARLY INSPIRED and the set is called "Brushed Flowers" - I've had my set for years but wish you good luck in tracking a set down ... as you can see there are only five I've used, the rest remain uninked - maybe one day!
 
 
 
And, since it's WOYWDW again ..... here's what's on my work desk this week ....

The empty spaces indicate stuff already packed or set aside to head with me to CRAFTATHON

Don't worry it's only two more sleeps till the weekend!


13 comments:

SARN said...

As you know . . . I ALSO love that Clearly Inspired cone flower . . . you are a pest keep taunting me with it. I have cone flower envy every time I see it!

Great card and well done for making something when lots of your materials are packed and ready to go away for the weekend!

Happy WOYWW!

Positive your collar solution will help.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Fear not! Your trusty Cropodile is more than a match for that pesky collar. Mine has oft been pressed into action for the self same purpose. PLUS you get the added bonus of MORE labrador cuddles. Woohoo!

Love your card AND that gorgeous coneflower stamp.

Your desk is, sad to say, a shadow of it's former self; but as it's in a good cause... I bet you can hardly wait :oD

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Thanks for the info on the stamps - no sign of them on ebay, but I'll keep looking. Love the card!

Debs M said...

great make with 'left behind' stash and great excuse to see Riddick again x

catherine said...

Productive looking desk Kathy and a great card. I really like the colour and love the focal flower image
x catherine

Loll said...

I do love that cornflower image Kathy ... and so pretty with this coral background. The sparkly spray you add really this is beautiful shine. Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Barb Ghig said...

Such a pretty card, Kathy! I think you did an amazing job without unpacking, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at Addicted to CAS!

Karren said...

Gorgeous card with beautiful depth of color.

Julie B said...

Love the cone flower stamp and a fab card.
Thanks for sharing with us at STAMPlorations. :)

Joyce said...

Such a pretty card. Love that flower, and your chevrons are so pretty. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Kylie said...

I love how you used the chevrons for the background and that flower is just stunning. All that sparkle is gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Judy1223 said...

Kathy, I love that flower image silhouetted against that pretty sparkly pink circle...such a pretty design! Thanks for joining in the fun at CASology this week!

LauraJane:) said...

Great use of those chevrons!! Thanks for joining the fun at the Sketch challenge at STAMPlorations!