Monday, 9 February 2015

Hurrah for the start of another week of crafting!

Morning all,

Feeling a little jaded this morning - no, NOT alcohol related ... it was a late night and too much to eat! We had pals join us for dinner and hubby pushed the boat out and we all left the table stuffed to the gunwales!! Think we'll be taking it easy on the eating front today! Well, we DID stuff a chicken pasta salad followed by pork stir fry and noodles and then a maple pecan (brioche) bread and butter pudding! Feel full just thinking about it!!

And, this morning, I'm off to visit with my pal, Andrea, there will be coffee and chat and more coffee and more chat!
 
Whilst trawling t'internet and catching up with blog visits I stumbled across this post, on the subject of tone on tone stamping, from Alexandra, which reminded me of a couple of things - the first being how handy washi tape is as a low tack tape and the second was what stunning effects can be achieved so simply ... so .... thank you Alexandra!
 
My tone on tone stamped project

And a close up to show detail

The co-ordinating insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • White linen effect DL, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card which I taped down (using washi tape) before using a Tim Holtz mini blender to apply first Distress Ink tumbled glass (not quite dark enough) and then broken china (perfect!)
  • Kaisercraft "script" image stamped using Distress Ink in salty ocean
  • Penny Black "soft sculpture" image (Thanks again, Sarn) stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Spray glitter to both seal and bling up my water based panel
  • I then trimmed around the panel before mounting on to a snipped of white linen effect card and then another snippet this time of navy linen effect card
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped directly on to my base card using the Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink.



I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixies Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge" - 2nd entry
  2. Crafty Calendar - "Anything Goes"
  3. Sister Act - "Anything Goes"
  4. PolkaDoodles - "Flower Power"

Don't suppose any of you are going to believe that I actually headed to my table of craftiness yesterday with a view to making a Golden Wedding ANNIVERSARY card?!?!?! Not sure how the above card evolved and yet ..... there it is!, I'm easily side tracked it would seem!

Hope you find time this week to try a new technique or one you've not used in a while ....
 
 

17 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well it's a smashing card, and just perfect to wish somebody well, so at least you were gainfully sidetracked.

Dinner sounds delicious! Yum!

Enjoy coffee with your pal. Nice to catch up.

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card Kathy, I love the image. I'd have helped you out with that meal too - another time, if you think there is too much, give me a ring!

SARN said...

LOVE this tone on tone card. Absolutely bound to cheer someone up.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Planetsusie said...

I do love tone on tone Kathy, this is so elegant and chic - just brilliant. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Anything Goes) challenge this month, lots of luck to you.

Hugs Sue Pxxx DT

starcyl said...

Super project and perfect for our challenge. thanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this time.
Jenny x (Starcyl)
Polkadoodles DT

Bonnie said...

Love these serene colors, Kathy! What a lovely card that will make someone feel much better just gazing at it!

Di said...

What a fabulous card Kathy! I do so love the tone on tone you used, so elegant! I think I have similar stamps and inks - but do I have a courage? :)

Hugs

Di xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love the card...it really is a gorgeous effect.

Viv's Visuals said...

This is fab Kathy - love the tone on tone - will now deffo have to try and perfect the technique cos the results are lovely!

Debs M said...

looks fab Kathy x

catherine said...

I really like the style and colour of this one Kathy and would certainly cheer anyone up
x catherine

Hettie said...

This is gorgeous Kathy. I love the way you have added the script to the stamp. It reminds me of a PB one I own.
Now about that food....did you do a doggy bag?
I had no idea you liked purple!!!
Hugs
xx

Karin said...

Wonderful card in lovely blue colours, Kathy!
Karin x

alexandra s.m. said...

Thank YOU Kathyk!
Your card is STUNNING!!
Greetings from Chicago~

Bev said...

this is just gorgeous and all the detail on the inside to!! Thank you for taking time to join in with the fun over at polkadoodles http://polkadoodle.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/week-5-flower-power-polkadoodles-craft.html

Melanie Joyce said...

Such an elegant card Kathy, I love it! Thank you for joining in with our Flower Power challenge over at the Polka Doodles blog. Mel x

My name is Wynneth said...

Love this card Kathy, so elegant with the tone on tone background and such a lovely flower image.

Mmmmm.... your dinner menu sounds yummy, I know first hand just how expert mr K is in the kitchen !

luv
wynneth
x