Welcome to February! Hard to believe Christmas is already so far away ... and yet, getting closer!!
|Here's my card|
|And here's my co-ordinating insert and envelope|
- Kraft C6, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippet of black/white/grey striped paper
- Snippet of black card, for matting
- White card for my image panel
- I cut a strip of the same striped paper in to a ribbon end and fastened in place with my Crop-a-dile big bite (to make the hole for my) a black velvet brad (one of my two different embellishments)
- Kaisercraft Black faux "pearls" as my second type of embellishment
- Visible Image - the stem of their INKognito flower, stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
- Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Seize the Birthday - "Anything Goes"
- Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge"
- Sister Act - "Anything Goes"
- Friday Mashup - "Sketch" OR "Use two embellishments" OR "BOTH"!! I went with both!!! .. though I DID take a little poetic licence with the sentiment and used it as part of the border.
And on to another make .... boy I'm on a roll with masculine cards at the moment - must TRY to make a girlie one .... SOON! AND I've used lots of lovely snippets too - HUZZAH!
|My card, inspired by the photo at ShowCASe your style|
|My co-ordinating insert and envelope|
|And the stamp sets used|
- White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white card (2), black card and textured blue card
- Taking the smaller snippet of white card I stamped my Inkadinkado balloon using Ranger Archival ink
- Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I applied Distress Ink in stormy sky all around the outside of the balloon image
- Matted image on to black card, using the narrowest of borders (spookily once again, I only had to trim one end otherwise it was perfect!)
- Taking the larger white card snippet I applied Distress Ink in salty ocean all around the outer edge before stamping my Kaisercraft "Arty" image using Distress Ink in stormy sky
- Matted on to the textured blue card panel and cut to a 1/16" border
- Using the Stamplorations chevrons I stamped across the base card and then stamped the sentiment from the same set - using Ranger Archival cobalt blue
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied - to protect the water based inks
I'll be entering the above project for the following challenges:-
- CASology - "Birthday"
- The Male Room - "Shades of blue"
- Scribble and Scrap - "Anything Goes"
- ShowCASe your style - "Photo inspiration"
I made the top 3 over at Pan Pastels too, for my HAPPY BIRTHDAY entry ... no prize but it's always nice to know peeps like your work isn't it?
Have a fab Sunday all