Sunday, 1 February 2015

Lazy Sunday

Hi there readers and followers,

Welcome to February! Hard to believe Christmas is already so far away ... and yet, getting closer!!
 
Some funky old weather we've been having this past few days ... after almost blizzard like conditions on Thursday, Friday was (mostly) sunny!! Still pretty cold ... but sunny! Anyhoo, just so long as it gets snow out of the equation for Craftathon 2015 weekend I don't care!! Well, I DO obviously but I would really rather it just didn't snow that weekend!!!
 
Anyway, Sunday's often a lazy day but you wouldn't expect me not to craft now, would you? Not wanting to disappoint, here's a make I'd like to share with you:-
 
Here's my card
And here's my co-ordinating insert and envelope
And a closer view of the two different embellishments
 
Materials used:
  • Kraft C6, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of black/white/grey striped paper
  • Snippet of black card, for matting
  • White card for my image panel
  • I cut a strip of the same striped paper in to a ribbon end and fastened in place with my Crop-a-dile big bite (to make the hole for my) a black velvet brad (one of my two different embellishments)
  • Kaisercraft Black faux "pearls" as my second type of embellishment
  • Visible Image - the stem of their INKognito flower, stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 
Visible Image Flower INKognito stamp
 
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Seize the Birthday - "Anything Goes"
  2. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge"
  3. Sister Act - "Anything Goes"
  4. Friday Mashup - "Sketch" OR "Use two embellishments" OR "BOTH"!! I went with both!!! .. though I DID take a little poetic licence with the sentiment and used it as part of the border.
 

 
 
It's probably back to the craft table for me!! , but maybe not for long .... I've a crafting pal (the lovely Wynneth from StampingGrandma) and her hubby stopping by later. We'll have a bite of lunch and a natter too.

And on to another make .... boy I'm on a roll with masculine cards at the moment - must TRY to make a girlie one .... SOON! AND I've used lots of lovely snippets too - HUZZAH!


My card, inspired by the photo at ShowCASe your style

My co-ordinating insert and envelope

And the stamp sets used

Materials used:
  • White C6, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card (2), black card and textured blue card
  • Taking the smaller snippet of white card I stamped my Inkadinkado balloon using Ranger Archival ink
  • Using a Tim Holtz mini blender I applied Distress Ink in stormy sky all around the outside of the balloon image
  • Matted image on to black card, using the narrowest of borders (spookily once again, I only had to trim one end otherwise it was perfect!)
  • Taking the larger white card snippet I applied Distress Ink in salty ocean all around the outer edge before stamping my Kaisercraft "Arty" image using Distress Ink in stormy sky
  • Matted on to the textured blue card panel and cut to a 1/16" border
  • Using the Stamplorations chevrons I stamped across the base card and then stamped the sentiment from the same set - using Ranger Archival cobalt blue
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied - to protect the water based inks

I'll be entering the above project for the following challenges:-
  1. CASology - "Birthday"
  2. The Male Room - "Shades of blue"
  3. Scribble and Scrap - "Anything Goes"
  4. ShowCASe your style - "Photo inspiration"


I made the top 3 over at Pan Pastels too, for my HAPPY BIRTHDAY entry  ... no prize but it's always nice to know peeps like your work isn't it?




Have a fab Sunday all
 

20 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wow! Two gorgeous cards to start February off with a bang! Look forward to more creative awesomeness ahead matey.

Have a lovely time with Wynneth and Mr T and give them my love won't you. Lx

Sue - said...

Gosh you've been busy again Kathy - two great cards.

Debs M said...

3 great cards and 2 great stamps - I think the star one slightly pips the balloon tho. Enjoy lunch x

SARN said...

Two PERFECT cards for the male of the species Kathy. Well done that woman . . . I really struggle with masculine cards.

Happy Sunday. Have a lovely time with Wynneth & Co.

Wishing you safe travelling weather for Craftathon 2015.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lexie said...

Gorgeous cards. Fabulous images. Thank you for joining us over at the Scribble and Scrap Challenge. Good luck.
xx

Aileen said...

Love your masculine cards which aren't easy to do! x

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Super fun and cute cards, Kathy! Love that you stamp the envelopes too and not just a little bit. :) Thanks for sharing with us at the Friday Mashup.
Sara

Di said...

Wow Kathy - who's been a very busy girl then? I still can't get over how you always co-ordinate the insides and envelopes with the cards you make, such a lovely touch.

Do please link up your snippets card, which I love of course, the gates open at midnight (day later than usual).

Hugs

Di xx

Deborah Frings said...

Both these cards are terrific! Love the grunge on the first one. Your steampunk style hot air balloon is fab. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

nini78 said...

so beautiful
Thanks for playing with the Sister act challenge card Fanny (SACC DT)

Karren said...

Fabulous cards! I totally love the first one - as soon as I saw it, I had to just stop and stare at it!

Colleen said...

what a great star stamp...looks grungy, it is a fabulous look, especially with the extra banner you have going...and of course you went all out with the inside and the envie too! Great job! thanks for linking up to Seize the Birthday!

!neke said...

What fabulous cards with envelops you made !
This is the first time I stopped on your blog !
That wil happen more !
greetings from the Netherlands , Ineke

hazelspaperdesigns said...

Love how you have created gorgeous coordinating envelopes for your clever creations! Great interpretation of all the sketches too! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FAB, FAB!!! Perfect for all of the challenges!!! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology so glad that you did- Please stop by tomorrow too, we have another great one for you - and I hope to see you join in too!!!!!!

Amy Kunkle said...

Your cards are truly unique, I love the "grunge" feel of the FM195 card. :) Thanks for playing along on the Friday Mashup!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Kathy- what a trendy and bold Valentine- LOVE it! The colors are fantastic and the envie so fun, too. Thanks for sharing with the Friday Mashup this week!

Cindy Brumbaugh said...

Kathy- had Valentines on my mind...meant to say HB card! heeheehee!

Andree said...

A brilliant male card set. I love the balloon stamp and how you decorated the envelope.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Glenda J said...

Love the colours and composition! Fabulous use of the stars and I love the splash over the sentiment.
Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.