Saturday, 28 February 2015

The Purple Princess is away from her desk - AGAIN!

Morning all,
 
For those of you stopping by expecting to see a post and probably a LIM entry today .... sorry chaps, you'll have to check back either later or tomorrow .... I'm not home today!! .. If you want to see what the LIM challenge is (and what I'll most likely be working on once I get home) then check out their blog here
 
I have a little crafting to share with you before I go though ......
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped my Bird Crazy image (by Stampers Anonymous) using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Inktense pencils and a water brush to colour the image and Neocolour II water soluble wax crayons for the colorwash background
  • Stampers Anonymous circles image stamped using Versacolour orchid
  • Stamplorations scribble lines stamped using Hero Arts neon pink
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Versacolour raspberry ink
  • Hero Arts splatter stamped using Versacolour silver ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to set my colours
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Simon Says Stamp - "Anything Goes"
  2. Brown Sugar - "Anything Goes"
  3. Kitty Bee - "living Things with Wings"
 
Not sure if any you follow Richard's blog (Mr Cardmaker), he's recently acquired the set of stamps I used ... and he thought the round birdy used looks like Peter Lorre (follow the link above and you will see what I mean) - which set me thinking
 
So, if the round one's Peter Lorre, does that make the middle one Bella
Lugosi and the one to the left Boris Karloff?
And, if so, what does it make the others?
Any ideas?????????????????????
Could the top one perhaps be Christopher Lee?
 
I've left the husband at home again and my desk has been temporarily re-homed at a hall in Pilning where pal (Cherry), myself and a number of others will be enjoying Karen Clare's Brusho storage workshop between 10:30 and 16:30 - I'm expecting mucky hands and probably more! Item 1) on Karen's list of things to bring was ... LUNCH and item 2) was an apron. Now, lunch I can do but (not being a cook of any repute) I don't own one! So, yesterday I set out to put all of the  items on Karen's list (of things to bring) in to a box in readiness .... turns out I'm taking almost as much as I took last weekend, to Craftathon!!! CRIKEY and that was for a whole weekend!! I'm expecting this to be a full on day of craftiness then - stand by for some pix tomorrow! ... PROVIDING I remembered to charge and take my camera!
 
And here's a link to what I'll be bringing home hopefully BEAUTIFULLY decorated .... yeah, right!!! Karen's set the bar high but, I'm no quitter!
 

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning

Have a great time with Cherry today. LOVE those birdies and your ATC is just great. It cracks me up every time I think of them as Peter, Bella and Boris, especially if you imagine them with their voices...LOL

Lx

SARN said...

You're probably making your way to the workshop right now and may not see this until AFTER the event . . . but I wish you a VERY happy day of getting messy and inky and coming home with something SPECTACULAR.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

great make - I do love those atamps!!!! have a fabulous time with Cherry today x

Craftyrose said...

Hope you are having an amazing time. xxxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Love, love, love this kathy, in fact I love it so much you've made me visit AFTH again and order these quirky birds to go with my recently acquired 'scribbly birds' LOL

I'm sooooooo... Envious of your day today, meeting up with the lovely Cherry and working with Karen. Can't wait to see your completed Brusho storage unit. Have a great day.

luv
Wynneth
X

Lesley Thomas said...

Miss you already! Great birdy set, though today's one looks decidedly unhappy.

Have a good day Kathy, I'm sure you will come back with lots of ideas.