Saturday, 7 February 2015

Welcome to another challenge Saturday . . . .

Hi there,

Here we are at another Saturday and what a chilly week it's been too! I know many of  you will probably have had snow at some point this week. We've escaped that, thank goodness, but we have had a number of rather chilly mornings. Yesterday, for instance, it was still thick with white frost at 11:00 and, as I had a hair appointment at 11:30 this meant clearing the frost from my car before I could go anywhere - brrrrrrrrr. It was, however, worth it as I now feel much better ..... probably used only half the shampoo this morning too!!! And I have to say that this morning there is more of the same - frost that is ... not hair appointments!
 
Anyway, I bet you didn't stop by this blog to read about how much shampoo a person does (or doesn't use). Woo Hoo, over at Simply Less Is More they're celebrating their FOURTH BIRTHDAY - Happy Birthday to all of my fellow LIM-ettes. Their latest challenge is: PINK and GREY so ......

My card

And a close up of the pink/grey detail

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • White C6, 300 gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card panels for front and insert - these were both snippets - YAY!
  • Grey card for matting
  • Kaisercraft "chevron" image stamped using Memento London fog ink
  • Kaisercraft "rocks" image stamped using Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image and IndigoBlu "ink blot" image stamped using Versacolour orchid ink
  • CAS-ual Friday sentiment from their wonderful WTF set!!! stamped using the Versafine smokey grey ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal and protect

I'll be entering the above card in the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - "Pink and Grey" 4th Birthday celebration challenge
  2. Craftycatz - "Birthdays"
  3. Seize the birthday - "Anything (birthday) Goes"
  4. Happy Little Stampers - "Sketch challenge"



24 comments:

Debs M said...

great card, like the soft colours x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Great card. I LOVE the colour scheme. I NEVER would have thought of that but it really works. Best of luck with the challenge matey.

Lx

Chrissie said...

I just love this Kathy and thanks for your advice this morning too, greatly appreciated!
I love the soft look of this card and envelope!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

SARN said...

Very CAS and cool. Perfect for the LIM challenge.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Gerrina said...

This looks so great in those soft colours! Hope you have a fun weekend, Gerrina

LesleyG said...

I always try and read the recipe, and I'm glad I did here! There's lots more to it than I saw at first. Very unusual, but it 'rocks', I love it! xxx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A superb card and such delicate stamping Kathy
Thanks for playing along with our 4th birthday challenge this week
Sarah
Less is More

Brenda in IN said...

Hi Kathy, I love this soft colored card and the simplicity of it. Your envelope is gorgeous. I scrolled down a bit and being a senior, I cracked up at the senior tips. How funny, thanks for the great card and the laugh.

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy,
Hugs lilian

Loll Thompson said...

Love the artsy look of the grunge and splat stamps and the beautiful colour combo of gray and pink. Awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Ann Tuck said...

Wow - this is so effective! I have 'some' of the stamps you used so will have to give this a try - layering up like this is a great technique, and you have nailed it!

Cricutjunkie said...

Nice card, I love the crackle look. Traci

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Beautiful design! Love the fact you created a matching set. Xx

Mandi said...

Fabulous!
Super little matching set


Thank you
Mandi
LIM

Lynne said...

Super card set Kathy
Lynne xxx

Scrapmate said...

What a gorgeous card.

Lynn B said...

Perfect stamping and a great take on the colour combo.
I see you are still stamping inside and the envelopes - you put me to shame, always have to stamp the inside when I come to use a card!
Linbyx

Anne said...

So CAS, so stylish Kathy, love this creation
Thanks for joining our fourth birthday celebrations at LIM!
Anne
Less is More

JoAnn said...

Fabulous card. Love the pink & grey color combo. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.

Annette22 said...

just very special

Annette

Kylie said...

your take on the sketch is certainly different, but I like it! The grunge look is really cool! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx

Viv said...

Loving this pink and grey card Kathy, how clever to do a matching envelope too ;) Viv xx

Heather said...

A fabulous card Kathy, I love your pink & grey - a great design and gorgeous inking and splattering...........perfect with the coordinating envelope!!

hugs
Heather xx

My name is Wynneth said...

What a great interpretation on the LIM theme, so soft and gentle with the pale pink and grey inks

I can't believe that the Less is More challenge has been running so long.

luv
wynneth
x