Friday, 20 February 2015

Welcome to Friday and the Friday Funny

Morning all,

Before I go any further I shall share this card and THEN the exciting news ....

My card
And some of the materials to make my background paper
And a closer view of my background

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card and black card matted at 1/16" using perfect layering ruler and craft knife
  • Snippet of white card, coloured with Adirondack mushroom ink, applied using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool and a foam pad
  • Kaisercraft  "grid" and "bubble wrap" images stamped also using the mushroom ink
  • Paper Artsy "random lines" and "splatter" stamped using Versfine smokey grey ink
  • Sunshine Designs wheat ear stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Once the image panel was adhered to the card blank I used Stix2 double sided tape and silver gilding flakes to give the high sheen trim
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I will be entering the above project for the following challenges:
  1. The Card Concept - "Get Well Soon" - clean and graphic style
  2. The Male Room - "Make your own background paper" and, obviously, a masculine card too
  3. Top Tip Tuesday - "Use rubber stamps only" - hope that encompasses acrylic
  4. Through The Craft Room Door - "Anything Goes"
 
There's great excitement at the Purple Palace this morning ..... my pal Wynneth was dropped off by her hubby yesterday and, after a chat and a sausage sarnie he went on his merry way, leaving us to craft!! Last night we headed to the Swan Hotel for dinner and then back to ours for a natter and early night .... Why, I hear you cry!
 
Because this morning sees us up and at 'em - we're heading to Rotherham - leaving the husbands at home and becoming part of the crafting phenomenon that is CRAFTATHON 2015 (our FIFTH annual get together)! Yee Haa. Hope you will swing by again on Monday and check out the photos!! There will be eight of us ladies dedicated to crafting this afternoon and all day tomorrow - there will be chatter aplenty and bucket loads of tea too! I am sooooo looking forward to catching up with people I've not seen lately, one I've not seen in several years and two I've never met before - it'll be a blast. Anyhoo, I'm all packed - wanna see what I'm taking? Hubby reckoned that, if I use my GIANT tote I would simply take too much and (from previous experience) he's right and it's too heavy to lift then!!! He has loaned me one of his man gadgets ....



To give you an idea of the size ... my cutting mat
is A3 and is in the box short side to the bottom
 
Best I get off so we can get to Craftathon earlier rather than later so, I'll leave you with this weeks Friday Funny which comes to you courtesy of my pal, Sandra
 
Standard pricing procedure 
 
In the hospital the relatives gathered in the waiting room, where a family member lay gravely ill.  Finally, the doctor came in looking tired and somber.

'I'm afraid I'm the bearer of bad news,' he said as he surveyed the worried faces. 'The only hope left for your loved one at this time is a brain transplant.

It's an experimental procedure, very risky, but it is the only hope.  Insurance will cover the procedure, but you will have to pay for the BRAIN
.
 

The family members sat silent as they absorbed the news. After a time, someone asked, 'How much will a brain cost?' 


The doctor quickly responded, '$5,000 for a male brain; $200 for a female brain.'

The moment turned awkward.

Some of the men actually had to'try' to not smile, avoiding eye contact with the women.

A man unable to control his curiosity, finally blurted out the question everyone wanted to ask, 'Why is the male brain so much more than a female  brain?'

The doctor smiled at the childish innocence and explained to the entire group, 'It's just standard pricing procedure.  We have to price the female brains a lot lower because they've been used.' 


 
Hope you will all have a laugh at that - have a great weekend too
 

16 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yeeha! Have a BRILLIANT time at Craftathon. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics of all your makes when you get back.

LOL - Fab Friday Funny too :oD

Lx

Debs M said...

of course it has been used!!! Woohoo it's finally here!!!!!!!

Squirrel x said...

Such a pretty make hun, love this look. And I am still giggling. Hugs xx

SARN said...

Great FF mate!

Safe travelling to and from Craftathon . . . I hope you have a blast with your crafting chums.

Can't wait to see what you make. I think you're travelling pretty light . . . VERY impressive!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

SARN said...

Oh, and I love that brilliant inky Get Well card too . . . xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great Funny! Loved it! (and the card too, LOL).

scrappyjacky said...

Have a wonderful Craftathon.
Love this week's funny!

Darcy Schroeder said...

Very elegant and beautiful!! Great funny, too!! Thanks for joining in at our challenge at Through the Craft Room Door!
Hugs
Darcy

Cherry said...

Have an amazing weekend kathy and Wynneth. Sending you all happy crafting vibes. Will be raising a glass to you all and following your progress. Hugs Cherry xxxx P.S. Love the card.

Loll said...

Have a great trip and fun crafting and chatting Kathy!!! xx

Rocky said...

I loved your clean and fresh card, great background too but was totally taken with the 'pricing structure'!!
Now that laughter has subsided enough to type clearly I wanted to say thanks for joining TMR.

Deborah Frings said...

I really like the way you've created the background stamping - lots of texture. Lovely card too. Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room this week!

Lisa S. said...

Love your card! Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday.

Angela said...

What a handsome get well card, Kathy! Thank you so much for sharing it with us at The Card Concept!

Tracey McNeely said...

Kathy a lovely get well card, love the muted tones. Thank you for sharing with us at The Card Concept!

Debbie cat mad said...

love it -so funny must tell pals the joke - love the card too