Sunday, 15 February 2015

Welcome to Sunday morning

Morning readers,
 
Good Sunday planned? Hope so ...... we'll be seeing the surrogates later, all of them!! Including their new pooch, Riddick! Actually, surrogate son in law stopped by to introduce us to Riddick yesterday - he's a handsome boy, well behaved and friendly and a good size too!!! I hope to be deploying my camera and, providing this pooch isn't too shy, hope to be taking some pix!! Watch this space.
 
I have a little tonal ATC to share with you all today, it's another excuse to use some snippets and, heaven knows, I still have a few of those to use up ...
 
My little ATC
And the materials used
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Sage green plain card snippet
  • Lighter green lightly patterned paper (double sided from the never ending Costco pack) snippet
  • White card snippet cut for my image panel
  • Distress Ink in bundled sage applied all over the white card panel, using a Tim Holtz blending tool and then, using the same ink I stamped the Kaisercraft"triangles" image
  • Kaisercraft "sheet music" image stamped using Memento bamboo leaves ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using the Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Inkadinkado sentiment/image stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Inkadinkado star image (from the same set as the sentiment/image ...98693 Rockstar) stamped twice using Adirondack pesto ink which I also used to edge the image panel to give definition
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to seal and protect my water based inks
 
I shall be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge"
  2. Addicted to Stamps & More - challenge #131 "Anything goes"
  3. Through the Craft Room Door - "Anything Goes"
And then I couldn't resist returning to one of my favourite styles of card ... a CAS CHRISTMAS card!! Well, I need to make so many per month to avoid a last minute dash to the finish line sometime in November!!
 
My card
And a close up view of the over stamping

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel
  • Scarlet brusho water colour crystals diluted with water and then painted across the front of my white card panel and set aside to dry
  • See D's sentiment stamped multiple times using Memento rosebud ink
  • Penny Black bauble image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal and protect the water colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the bauble
 
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
  1. Christmas stamping all year round - "Anything (Christmas) Goes"
  2. C.R.A.F.T challenge - "Christmas - traditional colours"
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas challenge - challenge #216 "Love and/or hearts and/or red" - I went with red!
Well, there's me having reached my late fifties and NEVER (before) seen the Rocky Horror Picture Show!!!! Hmm - still wondering what all the fuss is about - is it ME? Seen it? What did you think?



20 comments:

catherine said...

Hope you have a good day today Kathy and get some pics if the pooch lets you. Great card and ATC
x catherine

SARN said...

You ROCKED that ATC!

Am now thinking I NEED that PB bauble too . . .cuz I LOVE what you made with it.

Happy Sunday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Love that first one,Kathy....have a great Sunday.

Debs M said...

Great atc and I love the Christmas card. The envelope and insert look just as nice as the one on the card. The sentiment behind the image looks great too - I may have to keep that lo in mind! x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Totally agree with Debs about the envelope and card Kathy. They're fabulous.

Can't wait to see pics of the lovely Riddick. I bet he's Labradorable!

Enjoy your Surrogate Sunday en famille :oD

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Not just you Kathy, I haven't seen it either. Not only that, I haven't seen the Star Wars series!

Love the cards - enjoy your day with Riddik too.

cheryl Baker said...

oh these are great hun adore the atc its fab,hugs Cherylxxxxx

Lee-Anne said...

Fabulous ATC, Kathy! Love the colors and rockin' theme :) So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Loll Thompson said...

Fun ATC Kathy. Love the design and colours. And love your Christmas card ... so pretty with the stickles. Loll xx

Shona Hamill said...

Lovely card, thank you for sharing with us at the CRAFT Challenge. Shona xx

Karen Mead said...

Your ATC looks amazing Kathy and I love your chrissy card too! Thanks so much for joining us this week at ATSM xx

Becca Cruger said...

Very rad cards!! Love the textures. I look forward to seeing the pooch!

Di said...

Great ATC Kathy - and of course the Christmas card as well!

Hugs

Di xx

Chasing the Dream said...

Beautifully crafted. Great design and striking details. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Christmas Stamping All Year Long . We look forward to seeing you again.
Hugs
http://christmasstampin.blogspot.com
Berni, DT
christmasstampin.

Aunty Sue said...

lovely christmas card thanks for sharing at craft this week

Rahmat said...

What a wonderful card Kathy, I so love the inside, Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely Christmas crafting for CHNC challenge 216 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for February - I'd love to see it there too. x

Dana said...

Awesome ATC and card!! Great idea to work on Christmas cards now, i need to do that!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

fabiola jaques said...

très élégante de sobriété et d'élégance Kathy, merci de jouer avec nous chez CSAYL, biz

Cara Malmrose said...

I love this, so pretty and different. Thanks for sharing this with us at Through The Craft Room Door. Please come play along with us again!
Cara