Friday, 6 February 2015

Welcome to the weekend .... oh, and it's time for the Friday Funny too!

Morning all,
 
Another weekend looms large and I hope you all have nice plans. On Sunday I have a number of friends who will be celebrating their birthdays - hope you will join me in wishing the following a 
 
HAPPY BIRTHDAY FRIENDS
  1. Surrogate Daughter#2
  2. Friend (and neighbour), Sally
  3. Trading Card buddy, Maggi
  4. Crafting buddy from Oz, Kylie
  5. and the wife of a friend of hubbys (from his Uni days), Sue

That's a lot of birthdays on just the one day, isn't it? And all girls .... so, can anyone tell me why I can't seem to stop making masculine cards?!!! It's ridiculous - but every time I "dream up" a card lately it seems to turn out to be a masculine card - that's weird, right?

Yesterday saw us out to lunch with friends, it is Di's Birthday next week too .... we just love to celebrate with friends and this was no different ... five of us went here. Nice meal and catch up ... we dined from their mezze menu and my choices were splendid - I opted for the mushroom and gorgonzola stroganoff, the jerk fish and then chilli beef, washed down with Peroni and followed by Mezze Mess (their own version of Eton Mess) which was pretty yummy.

Once back home it was time to crack on with the examples for my fellow Craftathoniers - it's just a fortnight today!! Woo Hoo! And a little light crafting ....
 
My card
 
And my co-ordinating insert
 
Materials used:
  • 5" x 7" white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 4½" x 6½" white card panel
  • Hero Arts heart image stamped multiple times using Versacolour orchid and raspberry inks
  • Rubber Stamps of Montarga sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • I cut a piece of white card for my matting layer and applied the raspberry and orchid inks Direct to Paper method before stamping the heart image around the outside using Versafine crimson ink
  • Finally, I set my inks and card front using a glitter spray and seal

I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafty Gals Corner - "Pinkalicious"
  2. Creative Inspirations - "Love is in the air"
  3. Crafting for all seasons - "Have a heart" (use a heart)
  4. Cute Card Thursday - "Crazy in love"
  5. Stamplorations - "Stamps & Hearts"
  6. Friday Mashup - "Love is in the air and/or photo/colour inspiration"
  7. Addicted to Stamps and more - "Photo Inspiration - see below"

 
 
I'm proud to be able to say that "I knew Clare Lloyd before she was famous"!!! In case you don't know, Clare has been designing for Paper Artsy and, in 2014, launched two plates of stamps. In 2015 she has further plates which were launched yesterday - she and a couple of her buddy's made some stunning examples to inspire us all - check out her blog here. Congratulations to pals Clare, Lauren and Catherine (who I know personally) and also to Julie and Susi who I don't!

That's it folks .... I'm off to get a hair cut! I'll leave you with the Friday Funny, brought to you this week courtesy of ScrappyJacky - it's entitled "IDLE HOURS" - enjoy!!!
 
Seniors:
 
Hints on how to liven up your idle hours...
 
To Maintain A "Healthy" Level Of Insanity

 
1.  At Lunch Time, Sit In Your Parked Car With Sunglasses on and point a Hair Dryer At Passing Cars...watch 'em Slow Down!

 
2.   On all your cheque stubs, write   ' For   Marijuana'!

 
3.   Skip down the street Rather Than Walk   and see how many looks you get.

 
4.   Order a Diet Water whenever you go out to eat, with a serious face.
 
 
5.   Sing Along At The Opera.
 
 
6.   When The Money Comes Out of The ATM, Scream 'I Won! I Won!'

 
7. When Leaving the Zoo, start Running towards the Car Park, Yelling   'Run For Your Lives!  They're Loose!'

 
8.   Tell Your Children over dinner:   'Due to the economy,   we are going to have to let one of you go...

 
And The Final Way To Keep A Healthy Level Of Insanity:

 
9.   PICK UP A BOX OF CONDOMS AT THE PHARMACY, GO TO THE COUNTER AND ASK WHERE THE FITTING ROOM IS.
     Send This link To Someone To Make Them Smile.      
   It's called 'therapy'!  
 
Have a great weekend


20 comments:

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy,
Love the F F made me smile.
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Really like this Anniversary card full of love hearts.

Very impressed your made your own matching paper for matting and layering.

Birthday wishes to those mentioned.


Hugs, Sarn xxx

Becca Cruger said...

Those sketchy hearts are so cool! I know how you feel - just the moment I find out I need 12 birthday cards, I find out I have 11 baby cards... :)

Lauren Hatwell said...

FanTABULOUS card Your Purpleness. I do love those hearts. I, too, have a box FULL of cards but NEVER the one I need. What's that all about eh?

Fab Friday Funny too. Wouldn't you just love to... :oD

Have a great weekend.

Lx

sandie said...

well your funnies are really funny!! And love the random stamped hearts. Have a fun weekend and thanks for joining ATSM

scrappyjacky said...

Love those little hearts.

Becca Cruger said...

Also - I should have said a big THANK YOU for joining in over at the STAMPlorations Stamps and Hearts challenge this month. :)

Cornelia W said...

Love that funky heart and the card you created with it! And I am still giggling over your senior time wasting post - ha ha ha, so funny! I should do some of those..... Thanks so much for linking up with us at ATSM! Hugs, Cornelia

Kathryn said...

Great card! Love the heart stamp. :) Thanks for joining us at Crafty Gals Corner! :)

Judy V said...

Pretty card! Love the stamping! Thanks for joining in on our "pinkalicious" challenge at Crafty Gals Corner!

Cynthia said...

What a cute card Kahty! Love the little random stamped hearts! Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Friday Mashup!

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A super funny post Kathy ... you had me giggling out loud. A fantastic and super sparkly Anniversary card too. Love those elegant hearts and shimmer.
Thanks for playing along at ATSM
Sarah x

Barb said...

Lovely card with wonderful colors. Thanks for sharing with us at the Crafting for all Seasons challenge. Barb

Hettie said...

Lovely card Kathy. Very good funny too!
Hugs
xx

Heidi Baks said...

Fun, clean card! I love your patterned framing. Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

Wei said...

Lovely and sweet card! Love your random stamped hearts!Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations!

NGCARDS said...

This is a lovely creation hun! Thanks for playing along at Creative Inspirations! xxx

Samantha A. said...

SO pretty in pink! What a lovely creation! Thanks for playing along last week at Crafty Gals Corner! Be sure to join in this week with our ANYTHING GOES challenge! :)
-Samantha
Crafty Gals Corner - DT Coordinator
Crafty Gals Corner

Nonni said...

Beautiful sketchy hearts and I love your CAS layout! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations!

My name is Wynneth said...

Love that heart image, so pretty in pink creating a beautiful card.

Sounds like your meal was delish !

The FF made me chuckle LOL

luv
wynneth
x