Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
Hope you're over the shock of seeing a post from at 8pm on Monday evening!!  My Guest Design Team Slot, as I imagine you realised, is not a British blog hence the slightly less usual time of day.
 
It's OK I'm back to normal now, no further GDTM slots scheduled .... just challenge entries and here's another make which I made for a pal ...
 
My "hot, hot hot" card!

My co-ordinating inside and envelope

The stamp sets used
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel and neon orange card cut to mat with a 1/16" border using my perfect layering ruler and trusty craft knife
  • Having segmented my white card panel lightly with pencil to allow more accurate placement I stamped my Artemio coffee cup using Hero Arts Neon inks in pink, orange, green and blue
  • Fiskars sentiment stamped centrally using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • For the insert I didn't want to entirely duplicate the design (where would you write?) so I simply stamped the coffee cup twice and then used my Paper Artsy splatter image in the neon green to bring the colour scheme in to the card and on to the envelope
 
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:-
  1. CASology - "HOT" .... using HOT colours and a hot beverage!!!
  2. Lawnscaping - "Clean And Simple"
  3. Craft your passion - "Anything Goes"
 
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I am happy to share my messy work space and, as you can see, I'm taking over the World, one sheet of card at a time .... extending my workspace with card "artistically draped" over the couch!!!
 
 
 
Hope your desk looks as busy as mine is!
 

14 comments:

Debs M said...

great card Kathy = love those stamps and fabby work desk as usual x

SARN said...

Lovely BRIGHT start to the day eh!? Great card and a tea-riffic stamp set!

I love your artistic draping of paper over the settee!

Happy Midweek! xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Pretty card with all the cuppa's in a circle. You are good at getting them lined up.

Ingrid Kristina V said...

Adorable cards, beautifully vibrant colours xx

Lilian said...

Love the card Kathy, Love the colours,
Hugs
lilian

maria f. said...

My desk (read: laundry room) is a mess! But your card is CAS sweet!

Viv said...

Great card and stamps too Kathy. My desk is sooo messy atm., just as well you can't see it lol ;) Viv xx

catherine said...

fabulous card Kathy and love the different coloured tea cups. A really busy and creative looking desk today
x catherine

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Hope to see you again next week. Helena x

Samantha Casey said...

Very cute card! I love the bright colors! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
-Samantha

Tamara said...

fun card!!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
Hope to see you again next challenge
Xx Tamara

mayholicraft said...

I enjoyed to see your messy but beautiful craft desk. Every time I finish my card, the surface looks like a disaster. HAHA! Oh, I almost forgot to say that I love your card! Especially I love the way you made a coordinating inside and envelope. Perfect, Kathy!!!! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week! XOXO, May

kreativekymona.com said...

Hey Kathy!! Your card is totally cute! I love how used the mugs to create a focal point on your card. Nicely done!Thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology.