Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
How's your week going? Glad it's hump day Wednesday .... downhill to the weekend?
 
Nipped out yesterday, to get some fresh air, visited my aunt and uncle as they'd been having trouble reading a memory stick full of photos on their TV. Bless, they're in their 80's - I'm pretty proud of them for even wanting to have a go! Anyway, we weren't there an hour and they both seemed to have the process sorted. YAY!
 
Back home for a little light crafting before sorting out the cooking! COOKING I hear you cry ... regular readers will recall that my dear hubby does most (like about 99%) of the cooking in our house! He is, however, less adventurous when it comes to leftovers and that's where I come in! I'm a master of the bung it method of cookery and simply "bung it all in" and leave it to cook. Now, I'm not saying I've not had the odd hiccough but, mostly, they're pretty palatable and last night's proved no different - thank goodness.
 
Anyhoo, back to the light crafting .... as you can see, I've used the tone on tone technique again - I do like to try these techniques a couple of times in quick succession to really seal the technique in my head!
 
My ATC
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • White card approximately ATC size, taped down using washi tape.
  • Distress Inks: tumbled glass, broken china, stormy sky applied (using a Tim Holtz mini blender) "ombre" style
  • Kaisercraft "script stamped using Hero Arts neon blue ink
  • Kaisercraft "Edge" image stamped around the outer edge using D.I. stormy sky
  • Hero Arts foliage and Crafty Obsessions sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal the water based project against the elements!
 
I'll be entering this make for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting from the Heart - "Anything Goes"
  2. Craft your passions - "Anything Goes"
  3. Not just cards - "Anything Goes"
  4. Addicted to Stamps & More - "Anything Goes"
 
And, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday .... here's how my desk is looking right now ..
 
 
 
Happy WOYWDW!
 

11 comments:

SARN said...

Oh that is just LOVELY Kathy. Fab tone on toning going on there and I love that image.

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Like the card Kathy, had to laugh at your 'bung it all in' cooking technique - what if you had sardines and custard left over? lol.

Kathyk said...

That would be easy, Lesley, they'd both be "bunged" in the bin as I'm not a fan of either!

Kathyk

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Hump Day Kathy. Loving your gorgeous tone on tone card (particularly loving the fact that its tones of BLUE!!!). It looks so polished. What a great technique. I really MUST give it a go. Your desk, may I say, is looking decidedly restrained and organised...

Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Your desk is looking very tidy today...and a lovely card.

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful design!! Love the blue tone colors! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Julie B said...

A pretty monochrome card, Kathy.
Intrigued by the bung it all in supper!
Thanks for linking up with us at ATSM this week. :)

Neets B said...

Lovely monochrome creation, Kathy. I love that HA foliage stamp and the script behind it looks fab. Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM this week, Anita x

haththi said...

Beautiful design. Thanks for joining us this week at Crafting from the Heart - good luck!

La Papera Gialla said...

Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards Challenge!
Monica - DT

My name is Wynneth said...

Nice neat and tidy workdesk your Purplisciousness. Cooking ? Oh my !!!!!

Loving your tone on tone background again and I'm sure I have that fabby stamp in my stash somewhere. The whole thing is splendid.

luv
wynneth
x