Yesterday was a lovely day, which was entirely unexpected as we had experienced heavy rain, sleet and snow and also high winds throughout Monday - half expected to wake up to snow that had drifted against walls, hedges and fences but was pleasantly surprised with sunshine instead!!!
Not at all sorry about that situation as we were both out in the afternoon, at the surrogates and I was meeting up with a pal yesterday evening and she doesn't drive so would be waiting for buses, no fun at the best of times but positively MISERABLE in the snow too! We were meeting in the centre of a suburban shopping are which is blessed with three Indian restaurants a Mezze restaurant, an Italian, a chippy AND a Chinese takeaway (such a shame their restaurant closed for refurbishment and never reopened!) so we were spoilt for choice. We opted for Italian and I really enjoyed my Pizza and pannacotta - yummmmm! We nattered for ages and then I dropped her home - well, the buses are so unreliable at that time of night!
- 15cm square white, 300gs, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square white card panel and blue card for matting
- Scrap card with circle aperture die cut to use as a mask
- Distress Ink in tumbled glass and salty ocean applied through the mask using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool with a foam pad.
- Inkadinkado morphic bug image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Turquoise brusho used in liquid form to colour the dragonfly wings
- Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Distress Ink in broken china
- CAS-ual Friday sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
I'll also be entering this make for the following challenges:-
- Craft Your Passion - "Anything Goes"
- Eureka Stamps - "Birthday cards"
- Incy Wincy Designs - "Distressing"
- The Pink Elephant - "Anything Goes"
Today is the 25th of February and therefore designated as RUDOLPH DAY, so, here was my opportunity to catch up on some Christmas cards.....
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- 13½cm square white card and blue card for matting
- Scrap card with circle cut out - for mask
- Low tack tape
- Distress Inks in: tumbled glass, broken china, squeezed lemonade
- Crafty Individuals scene stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Stamplorations sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:-
- Addicted to Stamps and More - "HOLIDAY"
- ScrappyMo - "Rudolph Day"
- CASology - "MINI"
- Craftbubble 2½ CMLI Quarterly Rudolph Day challenge (membership required)
- Happy Little Stampers - "Monthly Sketch"
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday I suppose I should share the messy space that is my work desk .....
I know what you're thinking .. "How on earth could anyone work in that mess?" - am I right?