Here's hoping you've all had a good week - got up to much? We've spent a few days visiting friends in Blackpool. Our friends are celebrating their GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY today and we wanted to spend some time with them. Congratulations Mary and Barry - wanna see some pix?
|Apparently, we wore Ella out!|
|Hard to believe this couple are celebrating|
FIFTY YEARS of married life!
CONGRATULATIONS MARY and BARRY
|Mary's lovely sister and some of her menagerie of 4 dogs and 3 cats!|
|My finished page|
|Close up of the left side|
|Close up of the right side|
- Moleskin A6 journal
- A layer of white gesso, applied with a brush
- Darcies "newsprint" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Distress Paints in mustard seed, ripe persimmon and seedless preserves, applied with a dried up baby wipe
- Recollections ink splat/drip image stamped using Ranger Archival sepia ink
- Bo Bunny coffee rings stamps twice using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink (stamped off once because it was just too dark)
- Magenta foliage image stamped around the outside edge using Memento potters clay - but, frankly, it hardly shows ..... so I had another go! IF you look carefully you MIGHT just be able to see it!
- IndigoBlu check background image stamped around the outside edge using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Paper Artsy "General failure" image (and I know Lesley won't care for my choice) stamped on to tissue paper using Ranger Archival jet black which I then ripped around (shows less than a cut edge) before adhering using Ranger matte gel medium
- Close to my heart sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
And now for the Friday Funny provided this week by Lilian, thanks pal - ENJOY
1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, age 6)
2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)
3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Mike, age 7)
4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend any more. (Kylie, age 6)
5) - A dolphin breaths through an asshole on the top of its head.
(Billy, age 8)
6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)
7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off eating beans. (William, age 7)
8) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant? like, really? (Helen, age 6)
9) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is always crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mom, and my big sister has just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)
10) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)
11) - When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin, age 6)
12) - Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)
13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)
14) - The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish don't drown I don't know. (Bobby, age 6)
15) - My dad was a sailor on the ocean. He knows all about the ocean. what he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my mom.
(James, age 7)
Have a great weekend everyone