Friday, 20 March 2015

It's Friday! - the weekend starts here!

Morning all,

Hope you are ready for another photo heavy post .... got coffee/Tea? Sitting comfortably? Then please read on ...

Here's hoping you've all had a good week - got up to much? We've spent a few days visiting friends in Blackpool. Our friends are celebrating their GOLDEN WEDDING ANNIVERSARY today and we wanted to spend some time with them. Congratulations Mary and Barry - wanna see some pix?
 
My pal, Mary, spotted me with my camera!!!
 
Apparently, we wore Ella out!

Hard to believe this couple are celebrating
FIFTY YEARS of married life!
CONGRATULATIONS MARY and BARRY

Mary's lovely sister and some of her menagerie of 4 dogs and 3 cats!
 
Still on a journaling kick and very nearly finished that A6 moleskin journal. After sharing today's make I can confirm that I just have the single back page left and my journal is complete - YAY! I started this journal in June of 2012!! It feels good to be so close to finishing, let's hope I don't leave it the best part of another year before completing that last page! Want to see this latest piece?
 
My finished page
 
Close up of the left side
 
Close up of the right side
 
 
Materials used:
  • Moleskin A6 journal
  • A layer of white gesso, applied with a brush
  • Darcies "newsprint" image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Paints in mustard seed, ripe persimmon and seedless preserves, applied with a dried up baby wipe
  • Recollections ink splat/drip image stamped using Ranger Archival sepia ink
  • Bo Bunny coffee rings stamps twice using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink (stamped off once because it was just too dark)
  • Magenta foliage image stamped around the outside edge using Memento potters clay - but, frankly, it hardly shows ..... so I had another go! IF you look carefully you MIGHT just be able to see it!
  • IndigoBlu check background image stamped around the outside edge using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy "General failure" image (and I know Lesley won't care for my choice) stamped on to tissue paper using Ranger Archival jet black which I then ripped around (shows less than a cut edge) before adhering using Ranger matte gel medium
  • Close to my heart sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
 

And now for the Friday Funny provided this week by Lilian, thanks pal - ENJOY
 
Ocean – ALL you Need to Know!! Children Writing About the Ocean….

1) - This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly, age 6)

2) - Oysters' balls are called pearls. (Jerry, age 6)

3) - If you are surrounded by ocean, you are an island. If you don't have ocean all round you, you are incontinent. (Mike, age 7)

4) - Sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend any more. (Kylie, age 6)

5) - A dolphin breaths through an asshole on the top of its head.
(Billy, age 8)


6) - My uncle goes out in his boat with 2 other men and a woman and pots and comes back with crabs. (Millie, age 6)

7) - When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes when the wind didn't blow the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would have been better off eating beans. (William, age 7)

8) - Mermaids live in the ocean. I like mermaids. They are beautiful and I like their shiny tails, but how on earth do mermaids get pregnant? like, really? (Helen, age 6)

9) - I'm not going to write about the ocean. My baby brother is always crying, my Dad keeps yelling at my Mom, and my big sister has
just got pregnant, so I can't think what to write. (Amy, age 6)

10) - Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think
they have to plug themselves in to chargers. (Christopher, age 7)

11) - When you go swimming in the ocean, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin, age 6)


12) - Divers have to be safe when they go under the water. Divers can't
go down alone, so they have to go down on each other. (Becky, age 8)

13) - On vacation my Mom went water skiing. She fell off when she was going very fast. She says she won't do it again because water fired right up her big fat ass. (Julie, age 7)

14) - The ocean is made up of water and fish. Why the fish don't drown I don't know. (Bobby, age 6)

15) - My dad was a sailor on the ocean. He knows all about the ocean. what he doesn't know is why he quit being a sailor and married my mom.
(James, age 7)


 
And, WOW (wow, wow!) I nipped across to the Simply Less Is More blog - a regular "go to" CAS challenge of mine and what did I find? ONLY that I won their great FEBNicoruary prize (WOW embossing powders) - Yee Haa! Thanks Ladies, I've already e-mailed you! Why wouldn't I??





Have a great weekend everyone
 

13 comments:

SARN said...

Nope . . . your friends definitely don't look old enough to be married 50 years!

LOVING your journal pages. Good luck completing the final page.

Happy Friday.

Hugs, Sarn xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Many congrats to your lovely friends. They hardly look 50 themselves. I can't believe they've been married for 50 years!!! And with all those dogs in the family I can tell they're MY kinda people :oD
So glad you all had such a smashing time.

Love your latest journal page. Another triumph.

Friday Funny another winner. Who knew an octopus has EIGHT testicles!? What can I say? I learned so much :oD

Have a great weekend matey

Lx

Squirrel x said...

Another super page hunny, such richness to your colours - please don't keep us waiting too long for the last one! Thanks also for the ocean smiles, I am still grinning. Well done on your win at LIM, very deserved, enjoy your prize. Huggles Squirrel xx

Debs M said...

Congrats to your friends - great pix x

fab journal page and love the ff x

well done on your win x

Sue - said...

Can't believe your friends have been married 50 years, they definitely don't look old enough! Another great page too, and congrats on your win!

Viv said...

Great photo's...amazing they don't look old enough to have been married that long.Love the journalling, so clever and many congrats on the LIM win too.The funnies made me laugh too, sooo funny he he ;) Viv xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

I nipped over to congratulate you on the win at LIM, Kathy!! Congratulations also to your friends - they look amazing!! Your journal pages are fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

Lilian said...

Great pictures kathy.

Your pages are looking great, Mate Hope the last one is finished soon. Looking forward to seeing it.
Hugs
lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Congrats on your win Kathy, well deserved. Love all the kids comments too.

Hettie said...

Wow! I hope I still look young when it comes to my 50th anni!
Great journal.
Very good funnies. I have seen them before but they still make me laugh. How do mermaids get pregnant?
xx

cheryl Baker said...

oh wow great post hun love the journal is that a wee bichon i see so cute xxxx

Kathyk said...

Yes, Cheryl - it IS a Bichon Frise - his name is Charlie and he's approximately one year old

Kathyk

Loll said...

Looks like you had fun celebrating with your friends, Kathy. Congrats to them!!

Am loving all your journaling you've been doing lately. So creative and fun!! Loll xx