Ooow, still stuffed ... as most regular readers will know, my hubby likes to cook and I like to let him!!! Sometimes he gets an idea in his head about a dish and I am more than happy to play guinea pig ...... this time it was a plum tart and it was YUMMMMMMMY - would you like to see it?
How's your Saturday starting? Mine has developed a routine .... one of my fave challenges launches at 08:00 and that's also the start time of one of my fave radio shows ... Sounds of the Sixties (stuck in a time warp or whatttt!?!?!) so .... seems logical to A) check the challenge theme (memo to self: READ the brief properly this week .... I DIDN'T last week and ended up having to make two cards in order to make ONE entry - DOH!) and then B) turn my radio on before C) making my LIM challenge card!! Yee Haa.
- Pearlised lilac, 300gsm, DL deckle edged card blank and matching sized envelope
- White card for insert
- Snippets of violet, lilac and purple card for my focal panel
- Tim Holtz bird crazy images stamped twice (once on to the violet card and once on to snippet of white card) using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Masking fluid used to protect eyes, beaks and a few other bits
- Speed coloured using Distress Inks in shabby shutters, shaded lilac, dusty concorde before rubbing off the masking fluid and cutting out ... not fussy cut as any bits I chopped off would be on the violet card anyway! SCHIMPLES!
- Signo Uniball white gel pen used to highlight sections and gold, pumpkin and ice grey 1 pro markers used for the beaks
- Visible Image barbed wire and Clearly Inspired foliage stamped using Adirondack violet ink
- Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to protect the water based colour
- Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on base card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Sister Act - "Anything Goes"
- 4 Crafty Chicks - "Humour" - tell me you don't smile when you see these guys!
- Addicted to CAS - "CUTE" - hmm, are these cute ENOUGH I wonder?
- Simply Less Is More - week 217 "Take three challenges" - I went with: week 49 "Predominantly Purple" (like you didn't guess that ladies!!), week 78 "Sketch 6" and week 115 "Inspired by a film" - in my case - THE BIRDS!!!!
|Sketch from week 78|