Saturday, 28 March 2015

It's Saturday and also CHALLENGE DAY!

Hi there readers,

Ooow, still stuffed ... as most regular readers will know, my hubby likes to cook and I like to let him!!! Sometimes he gets an idea in his head about a dish and I am more than happy to play guinea pig ...... this time it was a plum tart and it was YUMMMMMMMY - would you like to see it?

Told you!
Yesterday was a nice sociable one .... a pal dropped in for a cuppa around lunchtime and I was also meeting a pal at our local mall, for coffee, yesterday afternoon ... bad timing - the mall was mobbed.

How's your Saturday starting? Mine has developed a routine .... one of my fave challenges launches at 08:00 and that's also the start time of one of my fave radio shows ... Sounds of the Sixties (stuck in a time warp or whatttt!?!?!) so .... seems logical to A) check the challenge theme (memo to self: READ the brief properly this week .... I DIDN'T last week and ended up having to make two cards in order to make ONE entry - DOH!) and then B) turn my radio on before C) making my LIM challenge card!! Yee Haa.
That's what happened this morning anyway .... would you like to see what I made whilst grooving (yes, I said GROOVING) to sixties toons?


My card
A close up of "The Birds!"

My co-ordinating insert and envelope
Materials used:
  • Pearlised lilac, 300gsm, DL deckle edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card for insert
  • Snippets of violet, lilac and purple card for my focal panel
  • Tim Holtz bird crazy images stamped twice (once on to the violet card and once on to snippet of white card) using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Masking fluid used to protect eyes, beaks and a few other bits
  • Speed coloured using Distress Inks in shabby shutters, shaded lilac, dusty concorde before rubbing off the masking fluid and cutting out ... not fussy cut as any bits I chopped off would be on the violet card anyway! SCHIMPLES!
  • Signo Uniball white gel pen used to highlight sections and gold, pumpkin and ice grey 1 pro markers used for the beaks
  • Visible Image barbed wire and Clearly Inspired foliage stamped using Adirondack violet ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to protect the water based colour
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped on base card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Sister Act - "Anything Goes"
  2. 4 Crafty Chicks - "Humour" - tell me you don't smile when you see these guys!
  3. Addicted to CAS - "CUTE" - hmm, are these cute ENOUGH I wonder?
  4. Simply Less Is More - week 217 "Take three challenges" - I went with: week 49 "Predominantly Purple" (like you didn't guess that ladies!!), week 78 "Sketch 6" and week 115 "Inspired by a film" - in my case - THE BIRDS!!!!
Sketch from week 78
Have a GROOVY day then! Oh and, DON'T FORGET .... if you are in the U.K. you need to change your clocks tonight .... don't say I didn't remind you!

19 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Mmmmmm plum tart is one of my absolutely FAVOURITE things, and that looks like a really REALLY good one. Three cheers for Mr K.

Smashing Crazy Bird project. Glad to see they're still earning their keep :oD

Have a GROOVY weekend :oD

Lx

SARN said...

OMG . . . that tart look DELICIOUS.

Loving the look of today's project too.

HAPPY SATURDAY.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Viv's Visuals said...

Can I come for pudding please??? Yum Yum - hubby can come and practice his cooking here anytime!
Ant you're right about these birds - I laugh each time I see them! have a great weekend.

Sarah Gray said...

I so love those crazy birds - they are definitely on my wish list! Purple suits them very well :) The plum tart looks tasty too!

Debs M said...

Happy Saturday - fabby card x

Loll said...

That plum tart looks YUMMY!! You are so lucky!!

Love the card with the purple ... and those awesome birds (yes they are CUTE!). :) You definitely have your groove on today! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WoW! That plum tart just jumped out and said 'Eat me' - your hubby is super talented and can cook at my house ANYTIME! I'm kind of hungry now!
Your card is fabulous too Kathy! Love those fun birds and beautifully coloured AND you got the purple in again! Thanks as always for playing along. Sarah, Less is More

Chrissie said...

Love the look of that tart Kathy and I bet the taste is/was sublime!
I'm waiting for these bird stamps to arrive, I think they're hilarious!
Great combo of challenges!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynne said...

Fab card Kathy, full of gorgeous purpleness.
Do you fancy swapping husbands for a while? Maybe not, mine causes leaks lol.
Lynne xxx

Tamie said...

Well, I can say for sure Kathy that I smiled at these guys. They are super adorable and so is your layout and creation. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful and humorous creation with us over at 4 Crafty Chicks!!

Tamie DT

Leanne said...

Kathy, they sure are funny....the border along the bottom nice touch too. Great sentiment as well. Thanks for playing our Humor Challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks!

Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Jan Ltc said...

Certainly fun & cute xx JaN

Anita in France said...

These birds are fantastic, Kathy ... brilliant in their purple plumage ... and I love how they've wandered inside the card and out onto the envelope too! Yummy plum tart! Anita :)

Carol said...

Loving your groovy birds Kathy they're so cute. Carol x

Kamila R. said...

Adorable card! I love your colouring and the stamps are so much fun! Thank you for joining us at Sister Act card challenge this week!
Kamila DT

Anne said...

Yumm that looks like it was delicious!
Perfect purple card, oh I NEED those birds Kathy!
Thanks so much for combining challenges at LIM!
Anne
Less is More

LesLee said...

That looks as yummy as your card... Love those birds and what you did with them... mine still sit in the package.

Shana Gaff said...

Your birdies crack me up! They are so silly and I love the purples. Cute card! Thanks for sharing with us at ATCAS. :)

Jaydee said...

The purple seems perfect to accompany your grooving to the sixties session! I love these birds - they are super cute and I love that you decorated your envelope, too
So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee