Monday, 9 March 2015

Morning and welcome to Monday

Morning all,

And may I say what a dull and grey day it is here!!! With rain forecast - methinks it's going to be a day for staying in and crafting!! Ah well, not all bad then!!
 
Now, here's the thing, CAN you make bright colours look a bit on the grungey side? This popped in to my head on Sunday and there was no persuading it to leave so .... nothing for it but to indulge it!

My card

My co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
 
 
Materials used
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels for image panel and insert
  • Lime and yellow card - for matting at 1/16"
  • Distress Ink in squeezed lemonade pressed on to my image panel
  • Bo Bunny background image stamped using Memento dandelion ink
  • Bo Bunny coffee rings stamped using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Bo Bunny splatter image stamped using Adirondack citrus ink
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped using Memento bamboo leaves ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal and protect the water based inks
 
So, whaddya think?
 
I'm going to be entering it over at the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - colour challenge - "yellow and green" - so very SPRING like!
  2. Artistic Stamper - "Spring is coming" ... see above!
  3. AMusing challenges - "Use green"
  4. Pile it on - "Use green"

And, dear readers, I received my latest packet from my Isle of Skye Trading Card buddy ...... here's what she sent me ...

My materials ... two goose images stamped twice each + some yarn
And here's what I turned those materials in to ...



Additional materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Music paper (bought in Wantage .. Debs and I went halves on a £2 book) stuck down using Matte Medium from Ranger
  • Distress Paints: spiced marmalade and picked raspberry
  • Dylusions border stamped using Color Box white ink
  • Visible Image sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Visible Image splatter stamped using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
  • Alcohol markers used to lightly colour image, I then fussy cut the images including separating the sides of the wings on the goose on the right which I gave dimension by adding foam pads when adhering to the ATC

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippets challenge"
  2. Mixed Media Monthly - "Birds of a Feather" and I THINK they'll probably realise where my bird "link" is!
  3. Mixed Media World - where their inaugural challenge is "Anything Goes"

I was inspired to make the above ATC because I already had an ATC under way (using music paper) when Debs gave me the link to this fascinating video using my current fave stamp set (Bird Crazy) - thanks Debs! Check it out and see whether it inspires you too (Lauren, Nicola and Wynneth who I KNOW have these fab stamps I like to call Peter, Boris and Bella after Messrs. Lorre, Karloff and Lugosi)!




Have a great week
 

25 comments:

Debs M said...

well done on getting your new stash used so quickly! great makes x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Morning matey

I must admit that when I saw what you had for your ATC I thought "Yikes!" but you've absolutely rocked it. It's ACE! I salute you.

Thanks for sharing the great video of those Crazy Birds in action. What a great journal page. I really can't wait to play with my own set of birds SOON. They just so great! Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

I knew that circular splat would feature fairly quickly! Love the ATC too, you did well with that.

scrappyjacky said...

Love what you did with the ATC

SARN said...

Terrific LIM card . . . good job!

And, as always, you've come up trumps with the ATC materials.

Happy Monday xxxx

Sue - said...

Lovely bright LIM card and love your ATC with the geese!

Di said...

Wow Kathy - first of all, I adore your LIM card! Just perfect how you did grungy using green and yellow :) And the ATC is just brilliant!

Hugs

Di xx

annie said...

Love the card you made for the LIM challenge! Very beautiful!
Annie

Viv's Visuals said...

Great LIM card Kathy - am struggling (as usual!). ATC is so cool! Great fun. have a fab week. x

ilse said...

like both of your yellow/green cards but this one is my favourite one

catherine said...

Great makes kathy and must check out the video so I can put my set to use
x catherine

massofhair said...

Lovely ATC Kathy, some fab colours and i love the background. Thank you for joining in with our challenge.

Mo :-)
DT MMW

Donna B. said...

Love those ducks and your sentiment! Perfect for our theme. Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.

Anne said...

Bright and grungy works and here is the card to prove it! Fab creation Kathy and love that ATC too...
Thanks so much for joining us(again) this week at LIM
Anne
Less is More

Chrissie said...

I love those splat stamps Kathy, great green and yellow card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Great cards Kathy and a super take on the colours for the LIm one.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Laine Kammeraad said...

Hi Kathy

Love those BoBunny stamps - and how you used them on your card. It's beautiful. I love love love anything BoBunny so those stamps are on my shopping list. And love those geese, they are adorable. I also love how you used them on the ATC with the musical theme in the background as well as the colors you used. Perfect creations.

Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media World and we hope you will join us again next month.

With smiles
Laine
DT Mixed Media World


Hettie said...

Lovely card there Honey but the goosey card is wonderful!
Hugs
xx

Loll said...

Awesome trading card Kathy. Of course, I LOVE those colours ... my favourite combo.

And love the bright and fresh card ... so fun! xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning project, love the colours and how you put it all together! Thanks so much for joining us at Mixed Media Monthly!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, darn, Kathy, if you had waited one more day, you could have added your darling gooses ATC to the Time challenge at City Crafter! It is really vibrant and fun! I also love your CAS first card where you did a fabulous job of grunging up the lovely bright spring colors!! Hugs, Darnell

Debbie said...

Sweet card! Love the colors! Thanks for joining us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with The Artistic Stamper challenge this month

Melanie said...

This is so sweet! thanks for playing with us at the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge Blog!

Rachel said...

such a sweet ATC! love those geese. Thank you so much for playing with the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com