Sunday, 1 March 2015

Morning and welcome to a rather lazy Sunday

Morning all,
 
As you may recall, earlier in the week I took delivery of two identical sets of stamps (Bird Crazy by Stampendous) and I have to say I am still VERY taken with them - especially this little chap ....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Watercolour snippet, stamped with Creative Expressions lettering image, stamped with Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Watercolour paper spritzed with water before applying brusho in emerald green and setting aside to dry
  • Once dry I stamped the Visible Image splatter using Color Box white ink
  • JOFY star image stamped using Hero Arts neon pink .... which I then decided to colour using Brush turquoise to in-fill
  • Stampendous bird crazy image stamped twice on to snippets of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Brusho's in dark brown and scarlet applied to colour both images which I then decoupaged using dimensional foam .... A) on the wings and B) on the "belly" of my image
  • Aqua wax applied to my image (two coats on to the wing) to seal the water based colour
 
I'll be entering the above project over at Pixie's Crafty Workshop for their "Snippets Challenge"
 
IT's good to know that the matching set has reached its destination and I hope we'll be seeing the results in blogland soon.

I'll also be duplicating materials, ready to send to my swap buddy on the Isle of Skye - be really interested to see what she makes of this image.
 
Why did I say it was a lazy Sunday? Well, yesterday I was attending a workshop with Karen Clare (aka The Clock Lady) along with crafting pal, Cherry. It was a full on six hours ..... but soooo worth it! Thank Karen for a fabulous workshop and to all the other ladies who were so friendly, we have plans afoot for another get together. In the interim her are some pix

As we got started, you can see Cherry is busy gluing her storage box together

This was how mine looked at about 11:30

This was Karen's beautiful example and we all strived
to achieve the same funky look

There were a good few of us and our projects all looked so different

Karen, our tutor for the day

You can see everyone beavering away single mindedly
My project is piling up in the foreground

Our thanks go to Jan who made us all cupcakes .... with edible glitter!

This is the front view of mine and Cherry's project

I THINK it will surprise you ALL to know that my project is ......
the GREEN ONE!!!!
And the other side, plus the flowers my lovely friend brought me
Now, obviously, I used materials provided by Karen for this plus my own brushos and glue but I'll do my best to list supplies:-
  • Brushos in lemon, leaf green and turquoise mixed on a craft sheet with water and then my papers smooshed till I was happy!
  • Stencils ("ART", a small background stencil and a brick design) using brushos in lilac/white and also yellow, applied with a cosmetic sponge
  • Stamps by Ryn, Bee Crafty (from their inspired by BANKSY range) and Stampendous
  • Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Signo uniball white pen - to highlight the water droplets

I'll be entering this over at the Pan Pastels "Stencil it" challenge and also the "Green with envy" challenge over at Anything but a card.

It was a full on and fabulous day despite the fact I've woken with wicked backache this morning!! I guess I should have gotten up and moved about more often and for longer too!! I can't blame it on the driving as Cherry very kindly did all that AND it was under ten miles from my home - gotta be the whole sitting and getting obsessed with the crafting "thang"!!!

And, in addition to the icing on the cupcake ... the icing on the lovely day I had ... I found out I was one of the "fave picks" over at Happy Little Stampers for their February Sketch - yee haa! Thanks peeps.



Happy Sunday - I'm off to the table of craftiness and, once I've put all my stash from yesterday away, I shall be cracking on with the LIM project ........ but first, I probably need to finish my Craftathon project in co-ordinating style ..... watch this space!
 
 

13 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Just loving those craaaaazy birds Kathy. Great ATC.

Looks like you and Cherry had a fabulous day yesterday and your projects are so cool.

All that AND cake! Be still my beating heard :oD

Lx

Debs M said...

Fabulous looking projects - brushos really do look great! Loving your atc too - i have a couple of those birds stamped up - I must use them soon!!!!

SARN said...

Hee hee . . . you sure are in love with your crazy birdies .. . and why not! Great little ATC.

YES . . . I really WAS surprised to learn that your cabinet was the green one! It looks tremendous and I love your chosen stampings.

Happy Lazy Sunday!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Ingrid Kristina V said...

What a funny bird :) love your little altered drawers. I bet it was fun ;) xx

Di said...

Oh what a fun and quirky bird Kathy! And such a fun day too - I was surprised that your drawers are green too :) Very lovely indeed!

Hugs

Di xx

Craftyrose said...

Looks like you both had a whole heap of fun! Fab projects and the birdy certainly brings a smile.xx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Congratulations on the honors from HLS, Kathy!! Well-deserved! Thank you for sharing your photos of the fun and productive workshop! Your creation is every bit as spectacular as the teacher's!! I just love the colors of your design!

Alas, no, I've not started with the Brushos yet. I guess I just need to do it. I have "older" tasks that I really must get to, but then I'll see a challenge that I just HAVE to play in and making cards jumps to the top of the pile and now I've turned the calendar to March and find I need 15 birthday cards and 4 anniversary cards ... the cycle continues, all the while time whooshes ... When it happens, however, you and Loll will be the first to know!! Have a great week!! Hugs, Darnell

catherine said...

A great ATC Kathy and a great job done with the new bird stamps.
Love the colours of both yours and Cherry's projects and sounds like you had a great time
catherine

Lisa said...

It was a fabulous Saturday and mine got finished just in time lol.

Yours & Cherry's look fab side by side. Pity I didn't get to see everyone elses.

Looking forward to another workshop soon too

Lisa :D
x

Loll said...

That bird just makes me smile, Kathy! Love your design.

I'll say again, I absolutely LOVE your storage box project. Amazing design, awesome colours .. I hope to make one for myself!

And the cupcake looks delicious! Loll xx

Ruth L said...

Amazing projects, both the act with the crazy bird and that altered drawers, Stampotique stamps are one of my favourites. Thank you for joining us at Anything but a card challenges!

Rita Marie said...

Love your amazing project Kathy! The colors are just electric and fun. Great job, and thank you so much for doing us over at Anything But A Card. xo

Elaine aka Ellapu said...

Just beautiful and yet so practical too. Love it. Thank you for sharing over at ABAC this month x