Monday, 2 March 2015

Morning and welcome to the start of another week ...

Morning
 
Can't believe we're already on March 2nd ..... sadly, today I have a funeral to attend, the husband of a friend. I hope she will find the strength to get through today.
 
I got up yesterday morning and decided to crack on with my Craftathon project. I had been waiting for Saturday's workshop before finishing it as I wanted to co-ordinate the two since they will (in all probability) be standing next to one another ..... obviously I didn't have access to EXACTLY the same materials but I thought I could get it close enough to co-ordinate - whaddya think?
 
 
My stencil storage project from Craftathon 2015
Now you can see the wing nut!

And now ...... standing next to my Karen Clare workshop project
TA DAH!!!
 Materials used:
  • White card panels, cut to fit the two front panels and sides
  • Brushos in lemon, leaf green and turquoise
  • TCW stencil "brick wall" stencilled using a little orange and dark brown brusho, applied with a cosmetic sponge
  • Tim Holtz "Artistry" sentiments and man with umbrella, sentiments by Hampton Arts, clock by Art Impressions along with bubble Designs by Ryn and Hero Arts (foliage), all stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • White signo uniball to highlight the leaf veins and water droplets
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal and protect the water based inks
  • Karen Clare kindly allowed me to take an extra nut and wing nut for my drawer front to further co-ordinate the two projects - thanks Karen.
 
One of my pals had a seemingly brilliant idea yesterday and dragged me out to try a new cafe, fairly locally. The coffee was good and the cake was lush, the place was full of "interesting" people and I know this is going to distress some people but I (personally) don't enjoy having to watch women breastfeeding .... I realise it's more my problem than theirs but hey, it's a personal choice. My poor pal was mortified, she said my face was a picture .... one I'm glad she didn't take! Would I go there again? Yes, but maybe not on a Sunday lunchtime!

Happy Monday

8 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh yes! You've nailed that Purple Pal. I love the colours (no surprise there then) and that gorgeous water droplet stamps needs an extra special mention. Top job!

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love your storage units, and inspired used of wing nuts for drawer fronts.

I was really naughty yesterday and ordered TWO units from the Tool Shed on C&C. One with larger drawers, and the other they usually sell as an Advent Calendar box. The best part is that they kits came with the dies to make the drawer fronts more interesting.

SARN said...

Perfect co-ordination going on here Kathy. TERRIFIC projects.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lisa said...

Great Projects and it was great to meet you on Saturday :D loving those colours that you chose too. they match so well :D

Lisa
:D x

ps. guess who bought some Ryn stamps yesterday ;)

scrappyjacky said...

They look great....and match perfectly.

Di said...

Wow Kathy, these are absolutely fabulous and perfect together! Clever you :)

Hugs

Di xx

Debs M said...

It looks fabulous - so glad you used the droplet stamp on it! x

Karen said...

They're great Kathy, and match perfectly xx