Monday, 30 March 2015

Morning and welcome to the start of another week

Morning,
 
Monday once more, got anything nice on this week? I'm almost glad the weekend is over, the weather was pretty DIRE for us and I suspect that it may also have been unpleasant where you were too. A few things to look forward to this week as we're seeing friends for dinner twice this week which will be nice.

More ATC's to share with you today, still on  the mission to obliterate those pesky snippets! Managed to combine my current love of all things "neon" as well as to obliterate quite a few snippets on these two, three layer ATC's! Check them out ... they're a virtually identical (but not quite) batch of two ......
 

Don't you love the Craft Stamper Free background stamp?



Materials used:
  • ATC blanks (2)
  • Snippets of White (2), Lime (2) and Pink (2) card
  • I stamped the Kaisercraft border image using Distress Ink picked raspberry (on the pink) and shabby shutters (on the lime)
  • On the white snippets I stamped the Craft Stamper free image (by Visible Image) using Hero Arts neon pink ink.
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Hero Arts neon orange ink
  • Sunshine Designs "sparkler" in two sizes stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to protect the water based inks
 
I shall be entering these for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - "Snippets Challenge"
  2. In the pink - "Lots of layers" and you must feature pink more prominently than any other colour ....three layers and two of them heavily feature PINK!
  3. Inky Impressions - "Bold and Bright"
I also decided to have another go at the Simply Less Is More challenge .... I think I like this one better than the first, despite the first one being PURPLE!!! Ah well, even I need a break from unrelenting PURPLE!


My card
 
And my co-ordinating insert and envelope
 

And a close up so you can see the hessian stencil sponging!


More snippets WERE sacrificed in the making of this card!

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square panel of white card
  • Snippets of yellow and white card
  • Dutchdoobadoo hessian stencil and Distress Ink in mustard seed sponged through on to the white card border, using a cosmetic sponge.
  • Visible Image ink splat stamped numerous times using Memento dandelion ink
  • Visible Image flourish border (Craft Stamper free image) stamped multiple times using Distress Ink in Festive Berries
  • Close to my Heart numbers image stamped twice using Adirondack cranberry ink (2nd impression well off the edge!)
  • Cats Pyjamas sentiment stamped on to a snippet of white card before die cutting in to a circle
  • Yellow card snippet die cut in to a scalloped circle
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to protect the water based colours

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - "Any 3 previous challenges" .... I went with: week 118 colour wheel (red being opposite yellow), week 132 Numbers and week 176 off the edge as the numbers go off the edge and so does my flourish stamp and stencil
  2. Craft Mad and Loving It's quarterly challenge - "red and yellow" ... membership of the craftbubble forum required
  3. CAS on Sunday - Numbers
  4. Happy Little Stampers - "Sponging"

I'm on a bit of a roll with the snippet eradication again ... thank goodness. And, the free stamp? Well, that came with latest issue of this publication and I'm LOVING IT so am pretty sure that I shall get a lot of use from it!


    Picture of Craft Stamper May 2015
 

17 comments:

Rahmat said...

Wow, love the vibrancy of your second card, beautiful inside out including the envelop too!

SARN said...

Love your snippet busting ATCs Kathy. All that lovely inkiness too. Bliss!

I love that swirl stamp from VI . . . I've got their original, but am waiting for that CS Mag to be avail in shops so I can nab it for the stamp as I think a small version will be so handy.

E you in a min.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Di said...

Who's been a busy little bee then? Of course I totally love your snippets makes - delicious colours and I do agree that stamp set is marvellous! LOVE your other card too Kathy!

Hugs

Di xx

Loll said...

Always feels so good to use up some of the snippets. Two awesome ATC's Kathy --- love the bright colours!

And love your birthday card with the masked area for the numbers and sponging. So fun! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

catherine said...

Fabulous Atc's Kathy and love the border on your card. I must get the latest copy of the magazine soon
x catherine

Clare Lloyd said...

Super colours

Anne said...

Super vibrant panel on your card Kathy! Love those numbers stamped.
Thanks so much for joining us at LIM
Anne
Less is More

Lilian said...

Great cards kathy, Love the bright colour on the number card would cheer anythone up
Hugs
lilian

Jenni's Jems said...

Great cards and the number card is so bright and fun,would cheer anyone up! x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Fabulous post Kathy and gorgeous colour choices. I was shaking my brain trying to remember a number challenge I'd seen while reading your post only to see you'd already spotted it and linked up anyway! Well done you and thanks as always for taking part.
Sarah
Less is More

Debs said...

Super ATC and card - stylish designs.
Thanks for joining us at In The Pink.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

How did I miss this? Sorry about that matey. Fabuloso! Lx

Hettie said...

Great ATCS there but your card is fabulous. I know a few peeps I could make that for!
Hugs
xx

Carol said...

Loving your 2nd LIM entry Kathy, gorgeous colour combo and you're making good use of that freebie! Carol x

Chrissie said...

I love your number card Kathy and I think the sentiment is brilliant!
I shall have to remember that one!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Viv said...

Great ATC and loving the bright 'LIM' one too ;) Viv xx

Janneke de Jong said...

What a great cards have you made.
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!