Saturday, 14 March 2015

Saturday challenge day and yet more journaling!

Hi there readers,

Wet and windy old day yesterday and we got a bit wet walking the surrogates dog but .... other than that, it did us no harm at all!!

I have some craft projects to share with you today and they couldn't be more different!
 

My card, featuring the lovely "Max" - hic!
 
And my insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • "Max" and sentiment (by Sparkle 'n Sprinkle) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Brushos used (water colour style) lemon, leaf green, dark brown
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Versacolour gold ink
  • I used the smaller "Max" image and two sentiments by Inkahootz!! to co-ordinate the insert and envelope
 
I'll be entering the above for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - OLC and "feature an animal"
  2. Addicted to CAS - "GREEN"
  3. Wags 'n Whiskers - "Ready for Spring" - spring images and/or colours
  4. Graph'It markers - "Spring Colours" - you don't HAVE to use their markers but you CAN win some!

And now for the second project, I'm still journaling my socks off!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • A6 moleskin journal
  • Versamark ink applied to the entire page
  • Pan pastels: magenta, violet and yellow/green applied all over the versamark inked area using a cosmetic sponge
  • Magenta foliage stamp applied all around the edge using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Design by Ryn bubble image stamped twice using Ranger Archival sepia ink and highlighted using a white signo uniball gel pen
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Color Box white ink
  • Paper Artsy images and sentiments stamped on to tissue paper using Ranger Archival jet black ink and ripped before applying to my layout using Ranger matte medium
 
Have I done with journaling for another year? Probably not yet!! Only got a few pages left to fill in this one - it'll be my first journal totally finished! Woo Hoo .... stand by for a few more then!

Have a great weekend

24 comments:

Lesley Thomas said...

Max is a great image, Kathy, I really don't know where you find them all.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Yeeha! Love your froggy card. He's just so great isn't he.

Another fab journal page too. You're on a roll aren't you.

Have a great weekend.

Lx

Linda said...

I just love Max the frog and I have to get my hands on that sentiment :) Enjoy the weekend xx

Kathyk said...

Max the frog can be sourced at

http://sparklensprinkle.com/

I've had the Inkahootz!! sentiments for YEARS! so it's possible they are no longer available - good luck

Kathyk

Craftilicious said...

LOVE the frog - may have to add that to my collection!
Tara
x

Chrissie said...

I remember when I saw this sentiment for the first time, how tickled I was... it was somewhere in the US many moons ago... and it still tickles me today!
Love this frog, this will be me once the grandkids are in bed tonight!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kylie said...

Oh Kathy. This is adorable, fun and punny. LOVE your frog with his bottom soaking in alcohol. Great one layer card, too! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

Wonderful artwork here

SARN said...

Ribbit ribbit . . . love the frog card!

Also loving the inky journal page. Well done for nearly completing a whole journal. Long way to go before I'm in the same position. Seem to have lost my little A6 moleskin . . . fallen down the back of somewhere I expect!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I have that frog stamp, too! Hilarious how you used it with that funny sentiment!

cotnob said...

A fabulous card Kathy, I love your fun image and sentiment.
Your journal page is gorgeous, such beautiful colours.
Thank you for your kind words on my blog.
Pauline
x

Darnell J Knauss said...

I just love how you use both sides of the style spectrum with your beautiful works of art, Kathy! One can come here for inspiration on both CASlicious and precise and WAClicious and freestyle art! WAC is wild and colorful. I just made that up. It's too much like "whack" which is not good, so hmmm. WIC? Wild, inky, and colorful? I'll leave it up to your clever brain since you're the one that is proficient on the inky, colorful, embossed, pasted, stenciled, gorgeous pieces you do! You are on fire with your journal pages!!

You're welcome for the card. Are you talking about the Valentine card? What the ? Where has it been I wonder?? It should have been postmarked around the 7th of February! Or did I send another one and I gorfet? Have a great weekend! Hugs, Darnell

Joanna Harty said...

Adorable fun card Kathy, that little frog made me smile! So happy that you joining us over at Addicted to CAS!

Bonnie said...

This delightful frog brings a big smile to my face, Kathy! He's perfect for starting a celebration! Your journal page is awesome! So glad you shared with us at ATCAS!

Anne said...

Totally adorable amphibian Kathy, I love all the splatters around him!

Thanks so much for your entry
Anne
Less is More

Gerrina said...

The frog in the glass is a superstamp and you coloured it so well! Great CAS-card again! Good to see you let another "side"of you free in your AJ; so different and also fun! Have a good week, Gerrina

Elaine said...

Love your image - such a fun card!

Debs M said...

Love the frog and that journal page is fab - makes me want to buy some pp's! and well done for finishing (nearly) a journal - something I should try and do!!

Lynne said...

Two fab projects Kathy, love the frog.
Lynne xxx

Loll said...

Your frog card made me smile! So fun Kathy!! And am loving your journaling! xx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Well done on being first up at Lim this week Kathy. Love your fabulous fun and froggy image. Too cute. You might also like to link up at AAA Cards as we are looking for similar cards their too. Thanks for playing along at LIM. Sarah x

Rosebuds n Ribbons said...

Cute card . Thanks so much for joining our Spring coloures Graph'it colouring challenge at http://graphitmarkers.blogspot.co.uk
Susan ( DT)

sweetpea said...

Such a fun card, so glad you shared it with us at the Crafting Cafe Challenge Janet DT x

Fiona said...

That frog has the right idea...love the expression on his face. Great card and brilliant sentiment. x