Friday, 6 March 2015

Welcome to the weekend

Morning all,
 
I've been pondering a Golden Wedding Anniversary card for about a month and now I'm running out of time so I set about creating one .... I quite liked this one when I finished it but I wasn't sure it would be the one I would be giving to my pals ...... cue e-mail to another pal asking her opinion and then cue me adding gold stickles to the background hearts, liking it better now, thanks matey! Couldn't quite put my finger on what was missing!

My card
 
And my co-ordinating insert and envelope

Happier now - so I added the gold stickles and then ..... decided to make the tag
 
Add one bottle of bubbly and a matching gift tag!
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels - for my card front and insert
  • Gold holographic card for matting and the resulting snippet for matting my image panel
  • Black and white card snippets
  • Habico "couple" image stamped using versamark ink before heat embossing with Sparkle 'n Sprinkle "Agatha" embossing powder (so lush as it looks gold or black depending on how you view it). I stamped the image a second time on to a post it which I then cut out and placed over the embossed couple, as a mask
  • Adirondack sunset orange ink brushed over the image panel using an Inkyliscious ink duster
  • Inkadinkado small open heart stamped randomly over the image panel using the same orange Adirondack ink
  • Stardust stickles applied to the couple to highlight the dress and gold stickles to highlight the hearts
  • Imagine That sentiment stamped on to the base card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Sadly, the above sentiment had lost a few of the details of the lettering but I deployed my "SX" thickness Pitt pen to fill in the missing bits and to draw the "50th" freehand
  • For the insert I deployed Versafine smokey grey ink
  • I die cut a tag and made a co-ordinating tag - the Kanban set features the identical couple in three separate sizes - sooooooooooo handy


 
I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:-
  1. Stamping Royalty - "Embossing"
  2. Addicted to Stamps and More - "Clean And Simple"
  3. Craft Hoarders Anonymous - "How I love thee"


And now for the Friday Funny, this week it comes at you courtesy of Marsha - this one tickled my funny bone - ENJOY!
 
SENIORS & COMPUTERS
As we Silver Surfers know, sometimes we have trouble with our computers.
Yesterday, I had a problem, so I called Georgie, the 11 year old next door, whose bedroom looks like Mission Control, and asked him to come over.
Georgie clicked a couple of buttons and solved the problem.
As he was walking away, I called after him, 'So, what was wrong?
He replied, 'It was an ID ten T error.'
I didn't want to appear stupid, but nonetheless inquired, 'An, ID ten T error? What's that? In case I need to fix it again.'
Georgie grinned..'Haven't you ever heard of an ID ten T error before?
'No,' I replied.
'Write it down,' he said, 'and I think you'll figure it out.'
 
So I wrote down:
ID10T
I used to like Georgie, the little shithead.
If you're not a Senior yet, then send this to someone who is.
 
And, if you fancy having your ribs further tickled then pop over to the Hettiecraft blog where there's always a Friday Funny too.

Have a great weekend
 

12 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - Great Friday Funny and I know your lovely card and giftie will be MUCH appreciated. Have a great Friday. I'm off to Crufts to cuddle as many dogs as I can lay my hands on :oD Lx

Squirrel x said...

Classy card hun, that is just super! And I really had to smile at the Senior joke. Have a super weekend. Hugs xx

scrappyjacky said...

I'm sure they'll love the card.

Lesley Thomas said...

Yes, I giggled at the funny, mostly because I come into that age bracket!

I liked the concept of your card, but it took me a while to work out what the image was. I could see it was supposed to be figures, but when you included a pic of the stamps themselves, I could see that their heads are extremely small. Sorry Kathy, not criticizing you, they just don't appeal to me.

Debs M said...

fab makes, love the ff x

LesleyG said...

ha very funny, and lovely card and gift xxx

Shona Chambers said...

I think your card is so stylish, especially with the gold highlights and frame. Its beautiful and will be much loved. And as for Georgie, can't imagine you will be calling him back for any help...what a little *****! Love your Friday Funnies, always need a laugh by the end of the week! Always happy when you join us at ATSM too!

SARN said...

I am also liking the Golden Wedding Anniversary card with all the glitz. Cool couple image too. Plus I really like all the dangly hearts on the rest of the stamp set!!!!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful CAS card and evnie, and I love your tag! Thanks for making me smile, and...thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

Loll said...

Beautiful and elegant card Kathy. The stickles add more shimmer and texture ... good call! Thanks for the laugh ... I'm one of those silver surfer ID ten T :) xx

Carrie Rhoades said...

First of all, what a beautiful card. Second, Georgie is so funny! I am cracking up! Third, I wanted to say, thanks for joining our challenge this week at Stampin' Royalty!

Gloria Stengel said...

Really wonderful. I love the stamps! So creative! Thanks for joining us at Craft Hoarders Anonymous Challenge!