Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning readers,
 
How's your week coming along? Mine had a sad start with the funeral of a friend but it's getting better.
 
As a result, I've felt less like crafting than usual but - I have managed (rather later than normal for me) an entry for the Simply Less Is More challenge ....
 
 
 
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel and lilac card for matting at 1/16"
  • Close to my heart sentiment stamped across the bottom using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Close to my heart shopper stamped using Adirondack violet ink (stamped a 2nd time on a post it which I cut out and placed over my image as a mask).
  • TCW "brick" stencil through which I applied Distress Ink in shaded lilac using an Inkylicious ink duster
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the polka dots
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine to seal and protect the water based inks

I'll be entering the above make for the following challenges:
  1. Simply Less Is More - "This makes me happy" - well, what girl DOESN'T love shopping?????
  2. PinkGem - "Clean And Simple"
  3. Addicted to Stamps and More - "Clean And Simple"
  4. CASonSunday - "Girl Power" - a card for a girl
 
I was in the card making groove by this time so ...... onwards and upwards:-

My distressed card

And co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250 gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white panels and black card for matting
  • Snippets of white, navy and black card for the image panel
  • Taking the snippet of white card I applied Distress Inks: tumbled glass, salty ocean, faded jeans and black soot using a blending tool and foam pad.
  • I then took a Distressing tool and worked my way around the edges to give a grungier feel to my panel which was then matted on to black and then linen effect navy card
  • My Inkadinkado image was stamped using Versafine onyx black ink before taking my brick stencil and, without re-inking) my blending tool was used to randomly sponge colour through, avoiding sponging colour over the central image. I used this stencil at the weekend and rediscovered its versatility - thanks Karen Clare
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using the faded jeans D.I.
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to the image panel to seal and protect
  • Once my focal image was attached to my card I positioned my Inkadinkado sentiment (from their "rockstar" set) and stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • For the envelope I used a smaller image from the Inkadinkado "in the groove" set and stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I've left room for a sentiment inside, thinking it will probably become a birthday card. I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Addicted to CAS - "Distressing"
  2. Happy Little Stampers - "Sponging"
  3. Craft your passion - "Anything Goes"

Yesterday my hubby said ..... "vegetable samosas for lunch" - fine with me, I LIKE samosas. Little did I know! I was talking on the phone with a friend when I smelled something super yummy coming from the kitchen but knew it was too early for lunch - WRONG!!! Samosas, from scratch, take a novice a while!! He says he got quicker at making the samosa shape as time went on!





If you're interested - they were DELICIOUS too!

And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday - here's a little peek at the haven that IS my table of craftiness - I make no apologies for the state of it this week as it's where I like to think I do my best work!!!

 
 
Enjoy the rest of your week ... oh, and I'd like to pass on Birthday wishes to a couple of  my pals, Jan, who's birthday is today and to Wynneth, who's birthday is tomorrow - have a great one mateys, make it count!


22 comments:

Rahmat said...

Lovely card! and that sentiment just gave me a big chuckle!! love it! and your samosas look delicious, I do give indian cooking classes here, and I must tell you that samosas are always the top dish, every one wants to learn in my kitchen. your filling looks yum....I do have samosas recipe on my blog :)
and Thank you for joining us at ATSM, see you soon again!

Karen Mead said...

Your cards are awesome Kathy and I love them both:) Thank you for joining us this week at ATSM xx

scrappyjacky said...

I can think of a few people that first card would be perfect for....love it.

Lauren Hatwell said...

Those samosas sure do look tasty and your cards are equally drool-worthy. Glad to see your desk has been fully restored to its natural state this week. Looks ready for action again. Have a great day.

Lx

SARN said...

Fantastic LIM card - very cool and trendy.

As is the ROCK STAR one . . . perfect.

Hope your week improves mate and that you feel happier and more crafty(!) as it goes along.

Big Hugs,
Sarn xxx

Karen D. said...

great cards Kathy...my mouth is also watering with those yummy photos...

Cindy Groh said...

I love your masculine card. Would you let me showcase your card and share a link to your blog post in what I call Manly Monday? It's a post on my blog where I share masculine cards (of all ages) as inspiration for my readers. If you are interested, please email me a direct link to your card so I can find it at grohcm at gmail dot com and I will add you to the lineup for the following Monday. I hope to hear from you.
Cindy at Cre8iveCindy

Chrissie said...

Great shopping card Kathy and I think you're really enterprising making your own samosas!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Difficult to come up with a happy card Kathy after a sad funeral at the start of the week but you've chosen a wonderful image and sentiment. Great CAS layout and as ever thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Loll said...

Two awesome cards Kathy!! Perfect sentiment for your shopper image :) And your rocker is so cool!

Boy, those samosas look delicious! I can almost taste them! :) Aren't you lucky to have such a talented hubby!

Thanks for playing along at ATCAS and Happy Little Stampers! xx

Carol said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy, love your LIM shopper. My hubby would mess like that in the kitchen too...I don't have the patience! Carol x

Viv said...

Great cards both of them Kathy. Wow I am impresed by your OH's cooking skills too. I am lucky if mine knows how to find the kitchen lol ;) Viv xx

Dana said...

Awesome cards!! Love the background with the girl!! Fabulous!!

Marina said...

Hi Kathy. Sorry to hear about your bereavement. Your cards are great. I love how you've used the brick stencil - I have one like that and it's one of my favourites. I think the positioning of all the elements is crucial to how effective CAS cards are, and your composition is perfect on both cards. And as for the co-ordinating inside and envelope....!!!

Anita in France said...

What cool cards, Kathy ... such a great silhouette image against that fab distressed background ... and how fun is that shopper quote ... just had me chuckling! Anita :)

lin_ka1 said...

Witaj Kathy
Robisz śliczne kartki. Ta z wyzwania LiM jest bardzo delikatna i idealnie oddaje upodobania wielu kobiet :)
Dziękuję Ci za odwiedziny na moim blogu.
Pozdrawiam
lin_ka

Kathyk said...

The translation for Lin_ka's comment is as follows:

Hello Kathy
You're making beautiful cards. The one with the challenges LiM is very delicate and perfectly captures the tastes of many women :)
Thank you for visiting my blog.
Yours
lin_ka

Lee-Anne said...

So sorry about your loss, Kathy! Your cards are simply fabulous. Perfect CAS designs! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

Anne said...

Sorry for my late (seecond) visit Kathy, what a fab card for our happy challenge!
Thanks so much for joining us
Anne
Less is More

PS I have managed to make that stencil fit next week's theme... which doesn't give you much of a clue lol!

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Thank you for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Monica-Dt.

Helen said...

Beautiful CAS design and a great sentiment too!!

Thanks for joining us at a Gem of a Challenge.

Helen N x

Janneke de Jong said...

What a great card ;o)
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday!