Before I start my post I should like to welcome my latest follower, Laine, thanks for stopping by and for leaving me a comment as well as following my blog.
Been an absolute age since I did any journaling and a pal posted a link to a fab video of a journal project featuring my current new faves, the set of "Bird Crazy" images from Tim Holtz ... so, I watched the video and set about my own version of the journal page! I didn't have speech bubble die cuts and anyway, I didn't want to make my page a DIRECT copy ...... wanna see my inspiration? Check it out here
- Moleskin journal (A6)
- Distress Paints in picked raspberry and ripe persimmon - applied with a baby wipe
- Circle stencil and gloss gel medium along with a dreamweaver foliage stencil used with modelling paste
- Sharpie (black) to draw in the "wire" my birds are sat on!
- Distress Inks - to colour the birds: ripe persimmon, seedless preserves, salty ocean and dusty concorde
- JOFY background grid, Kaisercraft tiny dots, Ditzies sentiment, Visible Image sentiment and Stampers Anonymous birds stamped using Ranger Archival ink
|Whilst not a precise colouring method, it sure is FAST!!!|
I have matte medium over the Distress Inks - to prevent runs and that's why
you see brush strokes on my little birdie!
|You can see the blending of the ripe persimmon with the picked|
raspberry here, along with the gloss gel medium/stencilling
|This shows why I shouldn't have used a metal stencil quite SO|
close to the centre of my page as the modelling paste
got underneath my stencil
|And the sentiment and corner detail|
And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, here's a glimpse of what the heck's going on at my workstation!