Sunday, 12 April 2015

Morning and welcome to Sunday morning

Hi everyone

I'd like to welcome my two new followers, one from today and another from a few days ago but they aren't the last ones on my list so I don't know who you are and can't leave a link to your blog. You are, however, very welcome and I hope you will stop back and leave a comment sometime. EDITED:- one mystery solved as one of my new followers is Karen Clare - thanks for letting me know, Karen.
 
FAB day yesterday - a full on day at a workshop by Jane Barber ... paper clay and regular clay .... not sure about the paper clay but it's ALWAYS gr8 to try new things, isn't it?. REALLY enjoyed the other projects and got on pretty well ... speed of light crafter that I am! Check out the pix
 
Hard at work

My work space ... note the most important item .... coffee!

Engrossed in rolling little bits of clay!

One jelly roll, three sizes!

Everyone's projects ..... I craft so fast that two of these are mine!

All the projects I got made during the day!
All of the top projects (8) were from Paper Clay
My two necklaces, after 30 minutes in the oven at 130°c
 
My thanks to everyone who came along and who made it such a fun day,  and to Terri for some one on one tuition too ..... can't wait till the next one.

And then, last evening, we were at a pals for dinner too .... a busy (busy, busy) day, frankly, I was exhausted and ready for my bed by the time I got there! A splendid evening and a lovely meal though so glad I went.

No time for much of my regular crafting - but I managed this:-

My splatty card
And a close up to show the three different shades of orange ink used

And co-ordinating inside and envelope
I blame Katie from yesterday's workshop as she made some fab projects in her fave colour
ORANGE!

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Visible Image large splatter image stamped twice in Memento tangelo ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Stamplorations scribble circle stamped using Adirondack sunset orange ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Hero Arts neon orange ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - challenge #219 "SPLATTERS" - this week is also the dreaded ONE LAYER CARD and, this time, I remembered!
  2. Sister Act - challenge #101 - "Anything Goes"
  3. Little Miss Muffet - challenge #109 "Anything Goes"
  4. Scribble and Stamp - challenge #42 "Anything Goes"
 
 
Have a fab Sunday ... I'll be working on catching up on my Saturday/Sunday challenges!

25 comments:

Debs M said...

Look like you had a great time - fab makes x

SARN said...

WOW . . . looks like a whole lotta fun you had yesterday Kathy. Your projects are very Zentangly . . . I like that!

I had fun at my inky Mixed Media class too!

LOVE LOVE LOVE that birthday card!

Having a great weekend.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Looks like you had a great day. Hugs
Lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Particularly love the two pendants, I have been collection polymer clay stuff for a while now, just not got around to trying it out yet.

Cute splatter card too.

My name is Wynneth said...

Seems like a very interesting day you had there kathy, love what you did - a bit different for you to ! Loving those geometric design pendants.

Your card certainly has the WOW ! Factor, love the tangelo ink - don't have that one..... Yet !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Clare Lloyd said...

Kathy your clay items look ace and love the card.

Karen Clare said...

Started following Kathy, great makes, hope to see you soon...xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Wowser! What a fab result you got with your paper clay. Impressive! Glad you had a great. Clearly your mojo is still on full power as you've made an ace card too. Enjoy the rest of your day matey. Lx

Sazzle Dazzle said...

WOW! Looks like you've been having lots of crafty fun Kathy. Love your splatter card too with that gorgeous pop of orange. Totally CAS and fabulous.
Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Elaine said...

Love your simple splatter card and your necklaces look fab. Always good to learn something new!

scrappyjacky said...

Love the necklaces.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

Wow! What a fantastic day it looked! I love, love LOVE your two necklaces . . . super cool! Hazel xx

Laurie Unger said...

Fun card! Like how you did the envelope too!

catherine said...

It looks like a fabulous workshop you went to Kathy and so glad you enjoyed it and also your meal with your friends.
Great card and love the effect
x catherine

Julia said...

Those clay pendants are lovely, what an excellent project.

Di said...

LOVE you LIM card Kathy - as soon as I saw what the challenge was I knew it was made for you. LOVE the clay makes - especially the ones which you made into necklaces - stunning!

Hugs

Di xx

Maaike Uijthoven said...

great card, not an orange person, but it goes perfectly here

Chrissie said...

What amazing stuff and things Kathy!
Those clay whatsits are wonderful and your card is fab!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Carol said...

Looks and sounds like a great day Kathy, love what you made. Fabulous card too, great splattering. Carol x

Anne said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun Kathy!
Super card, I think that circle looks a bit coffee-ish!
Thank you for joining us at LIM
Anne
Less is More

Loll said...

Very cool makes at your workshop Kathy. Your necklaces are so creative and artsy. Love the splatter card. xx

Craft-E-Place said...

Fabulous card, great idea.
Elaine

Andree said...

A fabulous card, I love the splodges.
Thank you for joining in with the Scribble & Scrap challenge and good luck x

Heather said...

Hi Kathy, I'm owing so many visits,now I'm try to catch up. It looks like you have fun with the paper clay - I do like the results!!
Your LIM card is fabulous, I love the design and colour with great splatters!!

hugs
Heather xx

Dawn said...

Your card is beautiful in its simplicity! Thanks so much for joining the Anything Goes challenge at Little Miss Muffet Stamps! *Dawn*