Saturday, 11 April 2015

The Purple Princess is away from her desk again today ....

I'm meeting a lovely bunch of people for a paper clay workshop today and will be away from my desk until around 5pm - I've left hubby in charge today!! I've left him with strict instructions to find out what today's challenges are so I can crack on once I get home!
 
Anyhoo, no regular Saturday challenge makes for me today but I SHOULD have some to catch up with tomorrow, along with some pix of today's workshop so I hope you will join me tomorrow ... but I couldn't resist this challenge make ....

My tag
 
Close up #1
 
Close up #2
As I looked at the finished tag I found myself wondering whether I had
"subconsciously" thought those circles might look like rain and/or snow?????
Materials used:
  • Manila tag
  • Distress Paints: seedless preserves and black soot
  • TCW circles stencil with Distress Paint in weathered wood sponged through
  • TCW numbers stencil with Distress Paint in black soot sponged through and then highlighted with a white signo uniball gel pen
  • Paper Artsy splatter stamped using Versacolour white ink
  • Tim Holtz man with umbrella stamped on to white card using Versafine onyx black ink and then fussy cut out before adhering to tag and outlining with a Faber Castell pitt pen "S" thickness
  • Tim Holtz sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Brass metallic wax rub on applied around the outer edge of the tag, using my fingers
  • Border from the Craft Stamper free flourish image stamped around the outer edge of the tag using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. That's Crafty - "Grunge, Grunge, Grunge"
  2. Brown Sugar - challenge #141 "Distress"
 
Have a fab Saturday, I know I will and (as if the workshop isn't exciting enough!) I have one of my fave challenges deploying one of my fave techniques ... yes, Simply Less Is More's theme this week is "SPLATTERS" and it's OLC week too!

7 comments:

SARN said...

Fantastic looking tag there Kathy.

OMG . . . LIM's challenge is SPLATTERS? I think I will HAVE to join in this week!

Have a wonderfully crafty day today.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

faulously grungy! have a great day x

cheryl Baker said...

oh love,this hun that is one of my favourite stamps,and I adore,the layout brilliant hugs Cherylxxxxxxxxxx

Kathleen said...

Fabulous colours and a great creation.

Kath x

Lilian said...

Great Tag Kathy, Hugs Lililan

Creations by Shirl said...

Pretty unique tag! Thanks for joining Brown Sugar Challenge!

Lauren Hatwell said...

I am SO sorry matey. I must have missed this completely. There I was, uploading my own tag at That's Crafty and I spied your name. It is, as ever, a FABULOUS taggy. I LOVE it! Lx