Tuesday, 7 April 2015

Tuesday and an unusual day for a post from me, however ......

Morning all
 
An unusually creative Easter for me and I was creating like a woman possessed again yesterday .... I'm only surprised that none of the colours I used were ... CHOCOLATE!!!
 
My card
And a closer view of my inked and stencilled panel

And my co-ordinated insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm white card panels (for front and insert)
  • Snippet of blue card for matting
  • Low tack tape to mask off a strip
  • Distress Inks: squeezed lemonade, shabby shutters and broken china applied using a Tim Holtz mini blender
  • Visible Image mini flourish (yes, THAT Craft Stamper freebie - AGAIN!) stamped across panel using the shabby shutters ink
  • Distress Ink in broken china applied through the TCW numbers stencil using a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" (another Go To stamp) stamped randomly using the squeezed lemonade ink
  • Stamplorations Happy and Birthday stamped using Ranger Archival inks in jet black and watering can respectively
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to inked areas to protect the water based colour
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Stamplorations - "Use stamps AND numbers"
  2. Simply Create Too - #82 "Anything Goes"
 
A blogging buddy (Sarah/SazzleDazzle) paid me the compliment of saying she didn't "think she'd seen me use the same stash twice" .... trust me, I DO!!! I am LOVING the number stencil and the mini flourish from Visible Image and they seem to have cropped up a lot lately and my P.A. splatter is on almost EVERYTHING! It's such a compliment however, that she thinks I manage to create projects sufficiently different that it looks like I'm using different stash - I'm thrilled.
 
Do check back again tomorrow for my regular Wednesday post and a sneaky peek at my super messy workspace I call home!
 

11 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Loving that. The numbers are great, particularly for a Birthday and I love the way the colours fade into each other. Top Banana!

Lx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy, Love those Number, very affective
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

oh YES! This card is FABULOUS in its inky CAS-ness.

Wonderful

Happy Tuesday . . . the sun is shining and even though I'm back at work . . . I am feeling H.A.P.P.Y!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Great card.

Debs M said...

fab card - great idea with the numbers x

Loll said...

Awesome card Kathy. Love the masked and sponged area with the stamped design --- so pretty. And the stenciled numbers are fun! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Becca Cruger said...

Hehehe - I wonder what chocolate would look like on a card? Love your masked perfection of a card here. And the matching envelope is just too cute!! Thanks for playing along at STAMPlorations Stamps and Numbers challenge!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Gorgeous card Kathy, very clever stamping, thank you for sharing with Simply Create Too.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Planetsusie said...

How lovely Kathy - particularly like the fact that you have decorated the envelope to match. Great idea. Thank you so much for entering the Crafty Calendar (Add a sentiment) Challenge this month, lots of luck.

Hugs to you Sue Pxxx DT

Tenia Nelson said...

Super FUN cards!! Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations challenge!!

Sari / Granne said...

Gorgeous card, love the delicate colourtones you have used and how the same style continues inside the card and on the envelope is fabulous. Thank you for joining STAMPlorations April challege, hope to see you in May too.