Saturday, 4 April 2015

Welcome to Easter Saturday and challenge day!

Hi there,

Wouldn't you just KNOW it was Easter weekend? It's been raining since yesterday!
 
Yesterday saw one of my crafting pal's celebrating her birthday. I knew she was going to be lunching with a third crafting pal and the third pal and I hatched a plan that involved me turning up unannounced with a craft project. They enjoyed a natter over lunch somewhere locally and returned home "just before" I turned up. What was my project? I decided on a tag, something simple and easily transportable - perfick, so off I went, armed with tags, painted card snippets, stamped images, embossing folders, black paint and metallic was rub ons and off we went ......
 
 
 


 
Materials used:
  • Manila tag
  • Snippet of white card .... slightly larger than tag size, coloured with copper Distress Paint and set aside to dry
  • Snippet of card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous "Time Traveller" image using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Inks: antique linen, broken china, tea die, weathered wood and black soot used to color the image with a water brush and set aside to dry.
  • Copper painted panel run through an e-Bosser inside an X-cut "time" triple bossing folder
  • Black acrylic paint rubbed all over the embossed panel and the excess knocked back with a baby wipe
  • My image was too "bright" so I knocked back the colour with walnut stain rubbed over and the excess wiped off with a dried up baby wipe.
  • Once my image was adhered to the tag I used "brass" metallic wax "rub ons" on the relief of the design and then sealed the whole thing with a coat of matte mod podge
 
I think both Lilian and Sue (who were self confessed mixed media virgins) enjoyed the process! Hope so anyway - would hate to think I'd put them off!

I'll be entering this tag for the "In the style of Tim Holtz" challenge over at Artful Times

Anyhoo, onwards and upwards .....

My monochrome card

and its matching insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panels
  • Black card for matting at 1/16" using a perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Inkadinkado "floral sentiment" stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" stamped randomly using Memento London fog ink

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Simply Less Is More - "Predominantly black"
  2. Left of Centre - "Monochrome"
  3. Sister Act - "Anything Goes" - 100th challenge

And another ATC from me ....



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Santa Rosa image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Distress Inks in salty ocean and pumice stone applied around the image using a Tim Holtz mini blender
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) stamped around the outside of the ATC using D.I. broken china
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" stamped randomly (avoiding the image) using D.I. salty ocean
  • Distress Inks: antique linen, pumice stone, broken china, pumice stone, aged mahogany used to water colour the image
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied to seal the water based inks

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership required) group CMLI's quarterly challenge - "Books, pages and/or words"
  2. CraftyCatz - "Anything Goes"


Have a great EASTER everyone
 

25 comments:

Debs M said...

great makes - loving that tag x

Lauren Hatwell said...

Awesome tag. Love the background technique. It really is so effective. I bet you all had a ball.

What a beautiful stamp on your CAS card. I love that. Works so well in your project too.

Good to see your Craft Stamper freebie is still earning it's keep. Love that image too.

Happy Easter

Lx

Rosie Schirrmeister said...

So wonderful all your art works, Kathy.

Happy Easter to you and yours

SARN said...

Lovely CAS LIM card . . . LOVE monochrome!

Cute cat ATC too xxx

Happy Saturday crafting.

Used ONE of the JOFY birds yesterday.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

You amaze me with your collection of stamps Kathy - where do you store them all, so you can find what you want?

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A fantastic monochrome card Kathy and a gorgeous striking stamp.
Thanks as always for playing along at less is more and happy Easter.
Sarah x

Chrissie said...

Super Best Wishes card Kathy, and great work on the envelope too!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Veerle said...

I really love your LIM challenge card, very beautiful. Greetings from Veerle

Steph said...

Three wonderful projects! What a sweet surprise to do some crafting with friends, the tag turned out great. Your ATC is wonderfully colored. Love the monochrome card it's elegant and classy, thanks for sharing with us over at Left of Center Challenges this week.

Neet said...

Busy lead up to Easter I see.
Thanks for joining us at Artful Timers with that delightful tag - I enjoyed looking at it and reading how it was achieved, hope your friends got as much enjoyment as I did.
Must say I love the card and matching envelope and your atc - well, I think it is adorable.
Hugs, Neet xx

Glittertastic said...

You've been busy! Love the LIM card and the pussy cat stamp

Sharon
x

Anne (cornucopia) said...

All of your pieces look fantastic! And that was nice of you to surprise your friend for her birthday outing.

Anne said...

Super collection of creations Kathy! Love that dandelion stamp
Thanks for joining us at Less is More this week
Anne
Less is More

strangelycreative said...

Loved looking at your work! Love the Tag - everything fits together really well! Cx

KristyLee said...

Love the kitty ATC. Great card with matching envelope, super cool Steampunk Tag! Thank you for sharing your beautiful art work w/ us at LOC!
Peace,
KristyLee
(LOC DT)

Gerrina said...

Love your LIM entry! And the copper background on the tag (fun surprise I think!) and my daughter and I both love that cat-image and colours! Happy Easter and have a colourful, maybe inky weekend!

Becca Cruger said...

LOVE your steampunky tag!! It's so masculine and textural. And your other creations are lovely too!

Laurie Unger said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great projects!

Lynne said...

What a lovely idea to surprise your friend with Kathy.
Your LiM card is fab, love that stamp
Lynne xxx

WendyK said...

Thank you for joining us on Artful Times with your fabulous tag. Love the card and ATC as well.

Jan Ltc said...

Great makes as always xx Jan

Skye said...

Great creations. Love the dandelion stamp

Anna Jasiolek said...

Thank you for entering our 'anything goes' challenge at Crafty Catz with this amazing ATC. Love these tones and your coloring is really beautiful. Hope to see your creations again!
Hugs,
Anna xxx

Susan said...

Love your card for the LIM challenge! So elegant...and I love the matching envelope...I never think to do that! Your mixed media looks great! That's something that I'm really not very good at! LOL!

BEX said...

Love the monochrome card that you entered in the Left of Center challenge blog. Very professional looking with the matching envelope. Must also mention that the tag is fab - really makes it look like grungy metal, and your ATC is adorable. Hope to se you again soon.