Saturday, 18 April 2015

Welcome to Saturday,

Morning peeps, it's the weekend!
 
Hope you all have something nice planned - I know I do but I can't share it with you just yet ... however, I CAN share this card.

I've a very busy weekend ahead of me and won't have time to enter my usual Saturday gamut of challenges so, if you've stopped by to see what I've made for my usual challenges then you are probably going to be a little disappointed - sorry chaps, normal service should be resumed next week!

I do however, have a card to share with you .. I made it for my pal's big birthday, which is today so - HAPPY BIRTHDAY matey - hope your day is extra special and, say HELLO to "Boris" for me! - I hope the two of you will be VERY happy together!
 
 
My music themed card

And the co-ordinating insert, envelope and gift tag
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm squares of white card (for image panel and insert)
  • Quickutz tag die used to cut a tag from a snippet of white card
  • Black card for matting at 1/16" using my perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the All Night Media keyboard image using Versamark ink before heat embossing with clear embossing powder
  • White card panel and tag coloured using Distress Inks in shabby shutters and peeled paint, applied with a Tim Holtz mini blending tool
  • Kaisercraft music image inked using the shabby shutters ink and then partially stamping randomly
  • Creative Expressions Birthday sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • All Night Media clarinet image and Dark Room Door musical words stamped using Memento bamboo leaves ink
  • Dark Room Door treble clef stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Paper Artsy splatter stamped randomly using Hero Arts neon green ink
  • Dark Room Door piano keys stamped directly on to my base image panel using Versafine onyx black ink
 
Have a great weekend
 

7 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Perfick! Hope your busy week is a great one. Look forward to catching up when you've got more time. Lx

SARN said...

Looks good to me. I like the colour scheme.

Enjoy yr weekend xxx

SARN said...

Looks good to me. I like the colour scheme.

Enjoy yr weekend xxx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fun card! I imagine your friend will be well and truly chuffed! Have a good weekend! Hazel xx

Lilian said...

Great card Kathy. Did you get the email i sent you a couple of days ago,
Hugs
lilian

Darnell J Knauss said...

Oh, it all sounds very exciting, Kathy! I can't wait to see what you have up your sleeve!! Your card for your mate is so fun for her special birthday! You've created a total gift package with that tag and the decorated inside and envelope!! Hugs, Darnell

Lesley Thomas said...

Happy Birthday to Boris! My DGD's 18th is tomorrow, but we are celebrating today - I'll be going over with her cake in about half an hour, so I'd better get my skates on.