Wednesday, 1 April 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday ... April 1st!!!

Morning all and welcome to APRIL 1st!! Pinch Punch, first of the month!!! Hope no-one got fooled today!

We treated ourselves to a day of two halves yesterday ..... a trip to Costco in the afternoon (in the wind and the rain!) but then the treat of a visit to Raj's with a pal in the evening - super yummy food and a very pleasant evening with a pal too - always good, more than made up for the necessary (but EVIL) trip to Costco!

A recent delivery of the latest issue of Craft Stamper landed on my mat with its fab free image (my new favourite!) from Visible image - set me thinking right away .... I made a card and a number of ATC's with it right off the bat but I have another to share with you today  .... it might not be instantly obvious that I've used the image but, trust me, I DID ... on the orange layer!




Materials used:
  • Orange ATC blank
  • Snippet of Kraft card
  • Snippet of white card
  • Visible Image (C.S. freebie) stamped around the edge of the ATC blank using Adirondack cranberry ink
  • Distress Inks used on the white card snippet: mustard seed, shabby shutters, tea dye, vintage photo and black soot
  • Close to my heart numbers image stamped twice using the D.I. tea dye
  • Visible Image ink blot stamped using the tea dye ink
  • Wendy Vecchi (for Studio 490) sentiments and another Craft Stamper freebie (moustache) stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I am loving this image and have already been on-line and ordered the full size version ..... and, wouldn't you know it? A couple of other things just happened to ACCIDENTALLY fall in to my basket too! How on earth do these things happen? Can't wait for them all to arrive at their new home now!

You can see my new "Go To" stamp .. bottom left corner

I'll be entering the above ATC for the following challenges:
  1. AMusing challenges - "Anything Goes"
  2. Fashionable Stamping - "Favourite GO TO stamp" .... this fabulous V.I. flourish - I love it so much I've bought the large version too!
  3. Stamping Sensations - "one for the guys"
  4. The Cheerful Stamp Pad - "Use a Silhouette" ..... my moustache is a silhouette!
 
And now for a sneaky peek at my desk this week ... yes, STILL in need of a drastic tidy but if I did that, you wouldn't recognise it!


 

No Riddick sitting this week, apparently he's having a fab time at the seaside and has become a fan of the water! Guess his e-mail is in lieu of a postcard!
 
 
 
 
 

10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Ah Labradors do love a bit of water.. Great Riddick pic! Glad to see he's enjoying his holidays :oD

Love your ATC. That stamp is really earning it's keep isn't it. Love the moustache AND the sentiment too :oD

Lx

Lilian said...

Great picture of Riddric. Great ATC.
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Hilarious sentiments on your ATC. I saw the background and knew where you'd tried to hide the VI stamp!

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Debs M said...

Great atc, love the sentiment and fab picture of Riddick! x

brenda said...

A great card for the Guys, thanks so much for joining in at Stamping Sensations challenge.

B x

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a cool card! Thanks for your lovely blog comment Kathy! I always feel very honored if somebody cases me - so curious - can't wait 'til Friday!

Viv said...

Great card kathy, loving that stamp too! good to see Riddick too ;) Viv xx

MaryH said...

Hi Kathy, Thanks for your visit. No it was not a Sandhill crane. We had those when we lived on the East coast and know what they look like. Their heads are a pinkish color. This guy had more gray blue. I googled some pictures of a blue heron, and our fella looked like those pictures...so we think that's what he was. Definitely some kind of crane, but not a Sandhill crane. It was lovely to have him visit though, but he did leave a calling card on the deck!!! So do the pelicans that dive in the water by the house, and the other birds. The spa cover needs daily hosing but the deck doesn't get it every day. The birds are fun to watch, but messy. There's a bird sanctuary (a little island) in the water here, and so there's lots of bird activities. TFS & Hugs

Tracy said...

Fabulous male creation, great design, thanks for joining Stamping Sensations, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Claire said...

What a fun card! thanks so much for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges this time
Claire xx