Wednesday, 29 April 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning all,
 
Got stuck in to domesticity earlier this week with the delivery of a new stove/range/cooker (depending on where you are from!) ..... the old one had done sterling service but had reached nearly 21 years old and we figured it was time to retire it!

Yesterday dawned a bit soggy! We knew we were "in for it" when we laid in bed Monday night listening to the thunder! The TV reported 2" hail in places not too far from us but we seemed to have escaped that - thank goodness, though we had cleared the garage - just in case!!!

Still, we needed to get some chairs repaired so there seemed to be no way around heading out in the storms!! Didn't hurt that where we were going just so HAPPENS to be less than ½ a mile from the hubsters fave hobby store!!! I took my kindle so I could keep myself amused whilst he "browsed"!

I finished my book and he got everything on his "wish list" - reSULT! Lunch was at the Dairy Queen in Apopka - scrummy shakes there too

I had a session with shaving foam and acrylic paints at the weekend which meant snippets of background cards so yesterday I decided it was time to deploy them ....
 
 
My card

And my co-ordinated inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card for my image panel and matting
  • Acrylic paints: metallic purple, neon yellow and glow pink
  • Shaving foam and a paper plate - in to which I applied dabs of the above paints before swirling around and then smooshing my card in to
  • Brilliance pearlescent purple applied (DTP method) to the larger white card panel - to create a background
  • Tim Holtz background checkered image stamped around the purple panel using Brilliance pearlescent orchid ink
  • Stamplorations feather and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
 
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. AMusing challenge - "Anything Goes"
  2. Corrosive challenge - No. 223 "Hip to be square"
  3. Happy Little Stampers - April Sketch challenge
 
 
I've had my eye on a set of Tim Holtz stamps for a little while and saw it on special offer recently (40% off) and, since I had a further 20% coupon in my hot sticky little hand, I almost felt like I was robbing Joann's when I snagged this set for seven quid! It'll be great for scrap booking (when I FINALLY get back to it) and for a number of masculine cards too
 
 
 
 
Then there was a visit to another Joann's ...



And now for an ATC - using another of the shaving foam/paint snippets .......


My ATC

And a different view which better shows the brightness of the neon and the sheen of the purple


Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of Bristol Board
  • Shaving foam technique utilising acrylic paints in glow pink, neon yellow and metallic purple
  • Stamplorations image and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
  • Dylusions border stamped using Memento sweet plum ink

And here's a slightly different view of my work desk this week for you to enjoy
 

 
Have a great week
 

5 comments:

SARN said...

Hi Kathy

That desk looks a lot tidier than normal!

LOVE the look of your ATCs using the shaving foam/paint backgrounds.

Hugs, Sarn xx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Good to see your craft desk is firing on all cylinders. What a fabulous array of stash you found. I'm drooling. I LOVE that shaving foam background. It's so cool! Really must avail myself of some shaving foam and have a go. Lx

Debs M said...

fabby makes and more fabby new stash!!!

Loll said...

Such a fun technique ... love the marbled look Kathy. And looks like you had fun buying some new supplies ... great deal on the first stamp set! Thanks for playing along at Happy Little Stampers. xx

Kylie said...

Love your shaving foam panels. Look awesome with your new goodies. Great bargains too!! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers xx