Yesterday dawned a bit soggy! We knew we were "in for it" when we laid in bed Monday night listening to the thunder! The TV reported 2" hail in places not too far from us but we seemed to have escaped that - thank goodness, though we had cleared the garage - just in case!!!
Still, we needed to get some chairs repaired so there seemed to be no way around heading out in the storms!! Didn't hurt that where we were going just so HAPPENS to be less than ½ a mile from the hubsters fave hobby store!!! I took my kindle so I could keep myself amused whilst he "browsed"!
I finished my book and he got everything on his "wish list" - reSULT! Lunch was at the Dairy Queen in Apopka - scrummy shakes there too
I had a session with shaving foam and acrylic paints at the weekend which meant snippets of background cards so yesterday I decided it was time to deploy them ....
|And my co-ordinated inside and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card and matching sized envelope
- Snippets of white card for my image panel and matting
- Acrylic paints: metallic purple, neon yellow and glow pink
- Shaving foam and a paper plate - in to which I applied dabs of the above paints before swirling around and then smooshing my card in to
- Brilliance pearlescent purple applied (DTP method) to the larger white card panel - to create a background
- Tim Holtz background checkered image stamped around the purple panel using Brilliance pearlescent orchid ink
- Stamplorations feather and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- AMusing challenge - "Anything Goes"
- Corrosive challenge - No. 223 "Hip to be square"
- Happy Little Stampers - April Sketch challenge
And now for an ATC - using another of the shaving foam/paint snippets .......
|And a different view which better shows the brightness of the neon and the sheen of the purple|
- ATC blank
- Snippet of Bristol Board
- Shaving foam technique utilising acrylic paints in glow pink, neon yellow and metallic purple
- Stamplorations image and sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Dylusions border stamped using Memento sweet plum ink
And here's a slightly different view of my work desk this week for you to enjoy