Wednesday, 8 April 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning dear reader,

Been an interesting week so far, we were supposed to be out to dinner quite a lot this past week but, sadly, many of our pals have either come down with illness or close family members have suffered .... so, wishing everyone well on that front. It's meant that my hubby, who THOUGHT he had a week off, had to be a little inventive at short notice! Still, we DID manage to meet up with pals yesterday and enjoyed a lovely lunch and catch up. After the lunch it was a trip to the surrogates and a pleasant hour or so sat out in the sunshine too - perfick. Unfortunately, it was physio for me at 7pm!!! Not QUITE so pleasant!, but I KNOW I'll be feeling the benefits today, as the day wears on!
 
I've been crazy obsessed with neon inks for some months and thought it high time to get them out again and have a ply. I was blog hopping recently and came across a technique called "Retiform" ... now, aside from it (as a pal said) sounding like a medical condition, it's also a craft technique! Needless to say I simply had to give it a try .....
 
My neon card

My co-ordinating insert and envelope

And a closer view
 

 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card, for my "retiform" technique
  • Neon green and orange card for matting and layering with the aid of a 1/16" perfect layering ruler and a craft knife
  • Post its to mask
  • Images by Hero Arts (flower), Hobbycraft (silhouette foliage), Magenta (foliage and dragonfly), Visible Image (yes, THAT flourish - again!!!)
  • Inks: Adirondack sunset orange and citrus, Hero Arts neon inks in green and orange
  • Kaisercraft sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Crafters Companion Spray and Shine applied, to protect the water based inks
 


My materials ... some of which is VERY old .... the magenta foliage stamp HAS
to be over ten years old
 I will be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Inkspirational - challenge #79 "Use neon colours"
  2. Craft Stamper Make it Take it - April challenge "Go all out for colour"
  3. Clear it out challenge - "Anything Goes"
  4. Addicted to Stamps and More - "CAS"
 
Reminded me that I still have some Tamp-A-Tiles in my stash that I haven't used in an age - perhaps I'll get those out again soon. Not familiar with them? Got mine direct from the store Tamp-A-Stamp in Tampa, Florida many (many) years ago ... check them out on eBay ... Tamp-A-Stamp closed it's doors a number of years ago and went mail order only but I've not been able to track down whether they are still available to buy new. Equally, I've not used them in a while but was pretty sure I knew where they were so I had to nip off and find them ......

And HERE they are!
Hopefully you can see how the principle works

Like CTMH products? I know I do .... Diana is celebrating her one year anniversary with CTMH (that's Close to my Heart) and is celebrating with a giveaway.



And now, since it IS What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday, it's time to share a peek at the mess that is my workspace!!
 


Retiform? Interested? Check out this short video which I found on YouTube.com


 

19 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well that works doesn't it. Great technique and I love what you did with it. Happy Wednesday :oD

Lx

Lilian said...

Great card kathy. Love the neon colours
Hugs
lilian

SARN said...

Retiform looks VERY interesting and I will definitely try it out. Thanks for the video and for sharing your lovely inked up card.

Happy WOYWW.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Love what you did with the 'new' technique Kathy, I'll be back to watch the video shortly.

Debs M said...

hmm it does sound like a medical condition! Love the card though! x

Clare Lloyd said...

fab card and cool technique

herminesplace said...

Its lovely

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Never heard of retiform....have to check your video...your card is wonderful! Perhaps I'll have to try that technique as well! On a different note - your craft space looks just like mine, LOL!

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous colours and a great mis of different image, wonderful creation.

Kath x

Karen D. said...

such a pretty card Kathy...

Dana said...

Fabulous card! Love the colors!! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to Stamps and More!!

Pia Krogh Larsen said...

Very interesting technique. Cool with your little tutorial for it.
Thanks for playing with us at INK for our "Neon" challenge.
Pia xx

catherine said...

I love those colours Kathy and it looks great. I must check out this technique and thanks for sharing with us
x catherine

Di said...

I thought I'd commented when I spotted this fabulous card yesterday Kathy - such an interesting technique. I can see it sweeping through the Playground already :)

Hugs

Di xx

Rahmat said...

Lovely neon colors. Thanks for joining us at ATSM.

Karen Mead said...

Your card looks great Kathy and the technique sounds cool:) Thanks for joining us this week at ATSM xx

Lee-Anne said...

Wonderful job with the retiform technique, Kathy! Love the neons! So happy you could join us at ATSM!

cm said...

Oh my...you've played very, very well with your neons! Gorgeous card! Thank you for sharing in the Inkspirational gallery!
~c

ike said...

How cool :-) I am tempted to try that myself :-D

xxx