Thursday, 14 May 2015

Another surprise, a Thursday post from me!

Morning all,

Another day out yesterday, this time to She Scrapbooks in The Villages - nice people there too - they were looking for butterflies when I got there! Had a nice wander about and bought a couple of things before heading out once more. Stopped for dinner on the way home too - YAY!
 
On a crafting front ... I decided it was high time I went GREEN!!!
 
My ATC

A closer view

Stamps used: 1 from the left set and the rest from the right set
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of smooth white card, colour washed using Distress Ink in cracked pistachio
  • Once dry I sponged the cracked pistachio through my TCW mini circles stencil
  • Using the cracked pistachio again I inked the Precious Remembrance Shop "swipe" and stamped it four times on the ATC
  • Using Distress Ink peacock feathers I stamped the PRS circle and coffee stains randomly
  • Using Distress Ink crushed olive I stamped the Stamplorations grungy border (bottom right of the left hand set in the photo )
  • I added the PRS sentiment using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight the parenthesis, circles and border and generally bling it up a bit!
  • Self adhesive green glitter "droplets"
 
And there you see me going GREEN!!! Almost TOTALLY green!
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Not Just Cards - challenge No.19 ANYTHING GOES
 
 
 

9 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Well what a lovely surprise too :oD GORGEOUS colours; a fab project. Lx

sandie said...

Super green grunge card Kathy, fab mix of stamps and great to see you at TO

Debs M said...

great make and colour - love those sentiment stamps x

Loll said...

Awesome design Kathy. Love the layers and the colours. xx

Anita in France said...

Awesome grunge, Kathy ... the touch of silver and shimmer amid all the green is fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Anita :)

My name is Wynneth said...

I love this ATC PP, I think these two stamp sets NEED to be in my stash, they are both fabulous.

Now, I've been resisting the urge to get the new DI colours, firstly because I have no more room in my DI storage boxes and secondly I wondered just how different they were to the original colours, of which I have the whole set.

What have you done to me ? you've made me need the new colours, so I guess I'll have to buy yet another Really Useful Box to hold the new DI pads oh dear !

luv
wynneth
x

Nonni said...

Very fun grunge card! I love the colors you used and great combo of stamps too. Thanks for taking TIME OUT and joining our challenge!

Gerrina said...

A good surprise! Love that you used the sponsers stampset and love the colours and look of your card! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and join us!
Gerrina DT

Skylark said...

Great grungey ATC Kathy! I love the colour choices too. Stef x