Monday, 11 May 2015

Morning and welcome to Monday

Hi there fellow blog readers,
 
Hope  you had a great weekend and, to those of you celebrating, a great Mothers Day. It was blisteringly hot here yesterday and too hot to even sit on the deck with my book so, nothing for it but to craft!!!
 
Following a painty and tissue-y craft day with Sally I thought I might get some more mileage out of both the paints and the B.A.T.!!! ......
 
My "GLOW" card - sadly it doesn't glow in the dark - I CHECKED!
 
A close up which I HOPE will show the sheen of this card

And my co-ordinating inside and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • A6 white, 300gsm, card blank (that's A2 in the U.S.) and matching sized envelope
  • Large-ish snippets of white and black card
  • I brayered glow paint in orange and pink and neon yellow acrylic paint (left to right and top to bottom) over the white card panel and let it start to dry before brayering pearl paint over the top.
  • Once dry I stamped the foliage by Inkadinkado using Ranger Archival watering can ink and set aside to dry (not being too patient I have ruined many a project by failing to wait for it to dry when stamping on to non porous surfaces)
  • Meanwhile, I stamped the Tim Holts sentiment on to a white card strip using Memento rosebud ink
  • Using D.I. minis in scattered straw and picked raspberry DTP method, to distress the background before matting on to another snippet of black card and embellishing with two glittered self adhesive "droplets"
 
I'll be entering the above card for the following challenges:
  1. Pan Pastels - Challenge No. 10 - Anything mixed media

And now for another experiment with B.A.T. (Bleeding Art Tissue) ....
 
My Art Journal page

Some snippets of white card for 2nd generation prints
I added a layer of pink B.A.T.
And then started stamping

And a closer view
 
Materials used:
  • Art Journal (Strathmore) and snippets of white card
  • Water spritzer (on to the journal and snippets prior to placing of B.A.T. and after)
  • B.A.T. (Bleeding Art Tissue) ripped randomly - single colour - orange, and placed on to journal page, also randomly!
  • After leaving for about a minute, to develop, I removed the tissue (with my fingers, quicker than tweezers but I now have orange fingertips!) and arranged the wet pieces carefully on to my snippets before spritzing/developing/removing - more orangey fingers!
  • Once dry to the touch I started again, this time using pink tissue
  • SET ASIDE TO DRY FULLY
  • Once fully dry I started to stamp over it, using STAMPS BY: Fiskars, Inkadinkado, Hero Arts, Dylusions and Tim Holtz and INKS: Distress Inks picked raspberry, spiced marmalade, fired brick, mustard seed. Memento rosebud, Versafine onyx black and Ranger Archival watering can
 
And the inspirational video? Check out Gisele Grenier's awesome but messy approach to  mixed media!
 
 
 
Enjoy watching!
 

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

smashing BAT projects. I think this is going to be a technique that takes off. You certainly seem to be enjoying it to the max. Lx

SARN said...

WOW - you really have been having a go at the B.A.T. technique. I am LOVING the results.

Hope you get a poolside read in today!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

cheryl said...

Oh great post hun love the cards but really love the colours in your journal hugs cheryl xxx

SanDee1899 said...

Fabolous!

Loll said...

Your first card is so gorgeous Kathy. I love that background ... so pretty and has lots of visual texture. And love your BAT experiments. Awesome! xx

Lou Sims said...

WOW, stunning projects and adore the vibrancy of your journal page. Many thanks for joining in with our "anything goes" challenge over at Love to Create. Lou (DT)