Friday, 15 May 2015

TGIF peeps! The weekend starts NOW!

Morning all,

Had a splendid time with friends yesterday afternoon/evening - enjoyed my fish and chips too!
 
Well, what an eventful week we've had, plans changing hither and thither too .... I should have been "out to play" again with pal (and neighbour) Sally but she had guests arrive this morning and we've postponed. It's giving me the chance to break the seal on my Peerless Water Colours .....
 
Which I did ..... but honestly, I was so disappointed with the first yellow in my pack - right up until I realised that I was stroking my wet brush on the back instead of the paint! Oh, I can tell you, I did feel such a fool when I realised my mistake - still, I understand WHY. The disappointing side was yellow, the CORRECT side a very dark looking brown colour! Who couldn't be forgiven for making that mistake???? Once I'd discovered my error, I cracked on and made this ... in glorious technicolour! MUCH better!
 
 
 
 
Materials used:-
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card
  • Peerless Watercolour - amber yellow
  • Stampers Anonymous sunray image stamped using Distress Ink in scattered straw
  • Stampers Anonymous distress check image stamped  using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop small circle image stamped using Memento grape jelly ink
  • Stampers Anonymous runway model image stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • JilliBean sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Gelly roll white gel pen used to highlight areas
  • Stardust stickles used to trace the word HELLO and dot sparkle about the ATC!
 
Another ATC using the Peerless Water Colours .... this time in a shade of my fave colour



Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of smooth white card, cut to ATC size
  • Peerless Water Colour - amethyst, applied to smooth white card using a brush and water
  • Stampers Anonymous "runway" image and Jillibean sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop circles (3 sizes) stamped using Memento grape jelly and rosebud inks as well as Distress Ink in spiced marmalade.
  • Stardust stickles were used to highlight and "bling" up the circles and trace the word HELLO

In hindsight I wish I had stamped and masked the "runway" image before watercolouring but hey, crafting's all about the learning curve - isn't it?

I bought the starter "BONUS" pack of 40 colours in 4" squares and plan to share this with pal, Wynneth - though cutting might prove interesting, we'll see!



And now for the Friday Funny ... I know I've used this one before (I think it came from Jacky that time) but ..... STILL funny!!! Thanks go to PatG this week - ENJOY
 

*ATTENTION: VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION *


A VIRUS is going round called *Housework*.
If you feel the need to start housework - Stop Immediately !!
 
This virus affects your sleep and wipes out your social life.
It causes you to be late for luncheons with friends and disrupts coffee get-togethers.
It makes you grumpy and irritable.
 
If you should come in contact with housework, go straight to the nearest store and get the only known antidotes, which are called CHOCOLATE and WINE.
 
Please forward this warning immediately to a least 6 friends.
If you realize you do not have 6 friends, you are already infected !
 
Have a great weekend
 

4 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

ROFL - Brilliant Friday Funny. It really made me chuckle. Thanks Kathy.

Your new watercolours look just great and I love what you've created with them. Look forward to seeing more SOON :oD Have a great Friday. Dry and sunny here after yesterday's torrential rain and the painters are beavering away outside to the sound of Archie's barking on the inside!?

Have a good one. Lx

SARN said...

Two fabulous ATCs here Kathy. The purple one looks like a curtain behind the model!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Loll said...

Love the bright colours of your new watercolours. I have the booklet where you wet off the back of the paper. I started writing the name on the back, because it was hard to tell what the colour actually was ... they look so different. So I can understand your working off the wrong side! Have a great weekend, Kathy!! xx

My name is Wynneth said...

Peerless WC whoooo hooooo ! I can just see you being very disappointed with the lack of yellow ! I'm sure I might possibly have done something similar. I can't wait to have a go with them.

I love both your ATCs, I think my fave is the yellow one if I had to choose.

luv
wynneth
x