Tuesday, 26 May 2015

Tuesday, it's sunny but I'm making Christmas cards

Morning all
 
Tuesday once more and I hope you enjoyed the extra day off, those of you lucky enough to actually get the day off. I know that Monday was a Public Holiday in the U.K., U.S. and probably numerous other locations.
 
I have a Rudolph Day challenge make to share with you today. Catherine set a Rudolph Day challenge to make the sentiment the focus and here's my take on this theme:-
 
 
My card
 
I HOPE you can see the sparkle

My co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panel for the insert
  • Snippet of white card for the image panel
  • Snippets of black card and white card for matting
  • For the matting layer of white card I smooshed Memento rosebud ink around the outside, to create a border and then stamped a Stampers Anonymous checker image using Distress Ink in picked raspberry
  • For the image panel I stamped the Stampers Anonymous snowflake in full once and in part twice using Memento rosebud ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Luminarte shimmer spray applied to the image panel to "bling it up"!
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Craftbubble2½ (membership req) Craft Mad & Loving It - RUDOLPH DAY challenge - May/June
  2. The Pink Elephant - TPE300 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. Dream Valley challenges - challenge No. 107 - ANYTHING GOES

Yesterday was a public holiday here so we chose to head out for the afternoon - wanna see some pix?

Our destination?
Historic Downtown Clermont








I have a friend (or two) who would like to see inside this store!

The House salad at our chosen pit stop on the way home

Beer me up!
See the stars 'n stripes hat on the server in the background?


It's my Sister-in-law Ann's birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY Ann

 

10 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Lovely cards and lovely pics. Thanks for sharing matey.

Lx

Squirrel x said...

Loving your CAS Christmas card Kathy, that is so stylish! Thanks for sharing your super photos too, is that a squirrel I spy...? Hugs xx

scrappyjacky said...

Love how simply elegant the card looks.

SARN said...

Thanks for the trip to Clermont!

Loving your RD card with the sentiment as the focal point. Only surprised you chose pink over purple!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lilian said...

Great cards and love the pictures

Lilian

Lesley Thomas said...

Great card Kathy.

MaryH said...

Loved the CAS & non-traditional colors of this cutie. And I certainly enjoyed the pictures you've shared, on this post & your later ones. I can see you were in my old 'home state' by the foliage and trees. Not sure if you have armadillos up that far, but they dig some ferocious holes too. Loved seeing the pictures of the area where you are. Been there a couple of times & it's a nice little town. Enjoy! if you have time to drive down to St. Pete or Ruskin, there are some good stamp shops there. Happy to provide names if you're interested!
TFS & Hugs

Carole said...

Super CAS card, thanks for playing along with our ATG Challenge @ Dream Valley this week. Good Luck
Happy Crafting
Carole xXx

Nance E Salkeld said...

Lovely Xmas card and ensemble. Love the designs! Thanks for playing in The Pink Elephant's Anything Goes Challenge!

Pillan said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining us at Dream Valley.
/Pillan,