Friday, 22 May 2015

Welcome to Friday - the weekend starts here .....

Morning all,
 
Another photo heavy post from me folks, I hope you are ready for this!

Before I start with the real photo heavy bit though, I've a card to share with you ....

My card
A closer view of the image panel

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 14cm square white card panels (for front and insert)
  • 14.4cm square mid blue card panel
  • Snippets of white card (image) and mid and dark blues - for matting
  • Inkadinkado image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Distress Markers and inks to colour: spiced marmalade, tea dry, frayed burlap, cracked pistachio, forest moss, festive berries
  • Peerless Water Colour in sky blue colourwashed around the image
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Stamplorations sentiment stamped (after adhering my image panel to card) using Ranger Archival  watering can and Versafine Mediterranean blue inks
  • Hero Arts sentiment used on the insert, stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink

I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Holly Jolly Christmas - CAS
  2. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - Challenge No. 229 - USE SOME OF YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS
  3. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas EXTRA Challenge - May's monthly challenge - ANYTHING CHRISTMAS

It was my birthday earlier in the week and the day was, frankly, all about me ... mostly because I am blessed with a splendid husband. So, what did we spend the day doing? Well, after a leisurely morning and a dunk in the pool it was off out for a little light retail therapy and sightseeing - wanna see what we did and where we went? Pull up a chari, grab a coffee and ....
 
 
Lake Mirror, Lakeland




Pulled up at traffic lights and saw this suit of armour!!! WHATTTTT!!!!
Yes, that WAS what we saw - I'm sure you would have done a double take too!
Wouldn't you?

Violette's

Violette's

Manny's in Winter Haven

It even says Manny's on the glasses!

My birthday present from me to me!
Even broke the seal on the Hero Arts sentiment set! YAY!

And my birthday gift - from Sephora!
What a thoughtful gift - I was expecting an either/or but not BOTH!
 
And now for the Friday Funny, provided to me courtesy of my pal, Liz - ENJOY!


Why I Like Retirement !

Question: How many days in a week? 
Answer: 6 Saturdays, 1 Sunday 

 


Question:
When is a retiree's bedtime? 
Answer: Two hours after he falls asleep on the couch. 

 


Question:How many retirees to change a light bulb? 
Answer: Only one, but it might take all day. 
 

 

Question:What's the biggest gripe of retirees? 
Answer: There is not enough time to get everything done. 

 


Question:Why don't retirees mind being called Seniors? 
Answer: The term comes with a 10% discount. 
 

 

Question:Among retirees, what is considered formal attire? 
Answer: Tied shoes. 

 


Question:Why do retirees count pennies? 
Answer: They are the only ones who have the time. 
 

 

Question: What is the common term for someone who enjoys work and refuses to retire? 
Answer: NUTS! 

 


Question:Why are retirees so slow to clean out the basement, attic or garage? 
Answer: They know that as soon as they do, one of their adult kids will want to store stuff there.

 

Question:What do retirees call a long lunch? 
Answer: Normal. 


Question: What is the best way to describe retirement? 
Answer: The never ending Coffee Break. 



Question:What's the biggest advantage of going back to school as a retiree?
Answer: If you cut classes, no one calls your parents. 



Question:Why does a retiree often say he doesn't miss work, but misses the people he used to work with?
Answer: He is too polite to tell the whole truth. 



And, my very favorite....
 

QUESTION: What do you do all week? 
Answer: Monday through Friday, NOTHING..... Saturday & Sunday, I rest. 



Have a great weekend everyone - please join me in wishing my blogging pal, Louise, a very Happy Birthday for today.

 
 

8 comments:

scrappyjacky said...

Looks like you had a lovely birthday.

SARN said...

Thanks for another trip out.
LOVING the look of the card.


Hugs, Sarn xxx

Darnell J Knauss said...

Well, hmmm, didn't we exchange birth date information? Don't answer that, because I'm an idiot if we did and I didn't write it on your page in my address book OR calendar. I'm so sorry I missed it and didn't send a card, my friend. I have now made a notation for next year.

I've certainly enjoyed the festivities right along with you. I love a girl who celebrates her birthday with relish!! Thank you for sharing!! And, wow, you've been hitting it out of the ballpark with brilliant card makes, too!! Enjoy the weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Gail said...

I love your card. It's very pretty and an awesome layout. I don't think it qualifies as "cute", however. Our challenge is open until July 5 and I'm wondering if you would be interested in entering another card that qualifies for our challenge? Hugs, Gail, Christmas at Sweet Stampin' DT

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

Margaret said...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautifully coloured card with us at CHN Christmas extra this month.
hugs
Margaret M

Jasmina said...

Wow, what an adorable card. Love the coloring and the envelope is just amazing. Thanks for joining us at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge!

Loll said...

Looks like hubby took you on a lovely trip for the day. What a sweet little place you visited. And looks like you had fun at the shop too ... lots to look at, I bet you were in there for a long time! :) Great stamp sets, I have the penny black one on my wish list. :) Fab card ... love that colour of your gorgeous Peerless background. Aren't their colours beautiful??!! xx