Sunday, 24 May 2015

Welcome to a summery Sunday

Morning readers,
 
Hope you are enjoying your Public Holiday weekend - in the U.S. it's the Memorial Day weekend and in the U.K. it's Spring Bank Holiday.

Yesterday saw us out to dinner with pals (who just so happen to be neighbours too) and we thought we would try a new Mexican restaurant - nice! We'll go again. I tried the enmoladas and I got to try mole sauce which I had never had before .... a strange combination of chilli, chocolate and peanut butter!

Right, on to the crafting, Sally said she was short of girly cards so ..... off I went, trying to rectify that:-
 
My card
 
 
And a close up to show the sparkle

 
My co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Stampers Anonymous "runway" girl image using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Distress Inks: antique linen and spiced marmalade used in water colour style to colour image with Picked raspberry to colour the background and then sponged through a Stampers Anonymous stencil to add texture
  • Luminarte shimmer spray applied to the image panel
  • Stampabilities sentiment builder sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Larger snippet of white card (for matting) coloured with picked raspberry ink
  • Penny Black foliage image stamped using Hero Arts neon bright ink in hot pink around the edge of the matting layer and perfect pearls iridescent pink quickly brushed over as it dried
  • Two glittered self adhesive "droplets" added to bling up this girly card
 
There, one GIRLY card, I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Pixie's Crafty Workshop - Snippets challenge
  2. All Sorts - challenge No. 312 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY - 6th Birthday challenge
  3. Suzi Bee's blooming challenge - challenge No. 81 - ANYTHING GOES - MAKE IT GIRLY
 
And another make from me ..


My card
And a close up of the image panel

Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • White card panel for image
  • Black card and bright blue card - for matting
  • Unknown image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Distress Inks, used to water colour:- picked raspberry, scattered straw, forest moss, salty ocean
  • Luminarte shimmer spray applied to image panel
  • Stardust stickles to highlight balloon

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Addicted to CAS - challenge No. 64 - ANIMAL
  2. My Time To Craft - challenge No. 293 - ZOO ANIMALS

Happy Sunday
 
 
 

13 comments:

SARN said...

I see you are enjoying your Peerless Watercolours Kathy.

Loving the cool but girly first card and the cuteness of the second card.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

brenda said...

Two great cards Kathy and super inking and stenciling on the first.

Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

B x

Sue - said...

Two great cards Kathy but your pink giraffe is adorable!!

Di said...

Teo fabulous cards Kathy! I do so love your Runway Snippets one - and the week fella on the other card is adorable too!

Hugs

Di xx

scrappyjacky said...

Happy Holiday!! Lovely and sunny here too.
The wall art in SF is in the Mission District.

Bonnie said...

What a darling giraffe, Kathy! I love how you've matted it! And I'm lovin' that birthday card too! So glad you shared with us at ATCAS!

Darnell J Knauss said...

Two great cards, Kathy! I especially love the watercolor wash behind the sweet giraffe, no, zebra, no unicorn? And great cards, too, before this and before that, including Christmas and a hot air balloon, too! It's been lovely to visit!!

Hey, I think you might have missed a "different" card I made, back on May 15. I don't know how to link in a comment, but here is the URL: http://www.djkardkreations.com/2015/05/peek-boo-and-happy-birthday-sandie.html

Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

scrappymo! said...

Two wonderful cards...I think they are both fab but especially love that little giraffe! He is so cute and fun...

Elizabeth said...

Two very different cards but both great, Kathy. I like that you've decorated both the inside and the envelope to match. And the little giraffe is adorable. Elizabeth xx

Hettie said...

Pfffffft! I was liking your Runaway Girl card and then I saw your giraffe card.....so funny!! Love it.
Hugs
xx

Loll said...

Two fabulous cards Kathy. LOVE the layered inks over the stencil with the "girly" image ... so pretty, especially with the shimmer spray. And that sweet giraffe holding the balloon ... ADORABLE! Thanks for playing along at ATCAS. xx

Ann said...

That giraffe is just so cute - great cards. Annie xxx

MagsB said...

Both these are gorgeous, Kathy, I love the CAS 'vibe' and the fabulous colours! Thanks for joining in at My Time to Craft!

love Mags B x