Tuesday, 5 May 2015

Welcome to Tuesday

Hi there
 
Bet you weren't expecting a post from me today but ......
 
I cannot believe that I visited the mighty Violette's in Lakeland yesterday and ONLY bought a solitary stencil!!! Many of my crafting buddy's won't believe me either, especially those who've been there!!!
 
Anyhoo, it lent itself to being used with another recent purchase (a Stampers Anonymous set) .... and here's what happened next:-
 
My rather masculine card

And the co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • A6 (A2 in the U.S.) white, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of white card and black card
  • Having taped my stencil down I sponged Distress Ink in weathered wood through it, using a round sponge dauber
  • Inkadinkado circles image stamped randomly using weathered wood ink
  • Recollections splatter image stamped partially (and randomly) using weathered wood and black soot inks
  • On the white card snippet I stamped my car image using Ranger Archival jet black ink and then, using the Stampers Anonymous tyre image and Clearly Wordsworth sentiment, stamped using Versafine onyx black ink before matting on black card
 
As you can see, I stamped the insert and envelope to co-ordinate - YAY! This will be a card for a friend and neighbour, his birthday is Mothers Day - wonder if they'll be going out to dinner!
 
And the stencil?
 
 
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:
  1. Crafty Cardmakers - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
  2. The Paper Players - challenge No. 243 - TRANSPORTATION
  3. Fashionable Stamping - challenge No.97 THINGS WITH WINGS - cars  have wings! Is that too lateral?
 
Happy Tuesday, despite it FEELING like a Monday!
 

15 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

Oh now! I LOVE that Kathy. Great stencil; great car stamp; great layout. The works! :oD Lx

SARN said...

This is a fabulous masculine card Kath. xxx

Lesley Thomas said...

Interesting mix of stencils and stamps Kathy. Sad you couldn't find anything else you wanted to buy, though. Weren't you feeling well at the time? LOL.

Lilian said...

great card Kathy. HUgs
lilian

scrappyjacky said...

That's a great masculine card.

Debs M said...

only one?!!! great make x

Moni said...

Beautiful card!!! Come and join us at "Let´s go on a Quirky Journey Challenge"
http://quirkycrafts.blogspot.com/2015/04/challenge-9-lets-go-on-quirky-journey.html

catherine said...

Fabulous card kathy and loving the monochromatic greys. Like the look of that stencil too !
x catherine

Loll said...

LOVE your new stencil Kathy!! So cool! And perfect paired with your new stamp ... love that oldie car! xx

julie_woolston said...

Thank you for sharing your gorgeous card with us at Crafty Cardmakers and More.
Hugs Julie xxx

laurie said...

What a great guy card..love the greys! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

Dots Dabbles said...

Wow Kathy. I looove the tyre tread under the car image! And that stencil ties it all together beautifully.
Thank you for joining us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.
Dot x

Charlotte Hutcheson said...

Just discovered your delightful blog...this Tim Holtz set is one of my favorites and is great for car loving guys. I noticed that you have a friend named Wynneth which is interesting because my middle name is Wynne, as was my mother's...I believe that it came from my three times great grandmother, Mary Wynn, probably born in the late 1700's in South Carolina. I plan to add your blog to my favorites as I like your style and am a hopeless Anglophile.
Regards, Charlotte Wynne Hutcheson

LeAnne said...

What an awesome creation....love all the travel stuff you've got going here! Very cool! Thanks for sharing this with us this week at the Paper Players!

Sue U said...

Wow Kathy, I NEEEED that stencil!! You have used it to fantastic effect on both the card and then again on the envelope and insert too... Thank you for joining in with the Create your own Background challenge at Crafty Cardmakers and More, good luck and hope to see you again soon
Hugs, Sue xx