How was your Sunday/Mothers Day? We decided against dining out on Sunday as we thought the restaurants would be mobbed. We had a lazy morning and then tooled out for drive .... needed to get a specialist battery amongst other things. We stopped at a DQ for a treat - a milkshake - mmmmmmm before heading back home for egg and bacon for dinner - it's what we fancied!
I'd like to say welcome to my newest follower, Traci, thanks for stopping by - hope to see you again sometime.
|My COOL coloured masterboard|
|And it's co-ordinating insert and envelope|
|Another view which I hoped would show the sheen of the mica powder|
- White A6, 300gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- Navy card for matting
- Patterned card from my masterboard
- Stamplorations sentiment and Inkadinkado Christmas tree stamped using Versafine onyx black ink
- Inkadinkado tree stamp over stamped using embossing ink and then dusted with iridescent mica powder which I then set using hairspray
- Tiny crystal gemstones added to embellish/bling it up!
- Craftbubble2½ group "Craft Mad and Loving It" (membership required) - Rudolph Day challenge - use cool colours and/or make a masterboard
- Craft Your Passion - Challenge No. 261 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafting From The Heart - Challenge No.59 - ANYTHING GOES
- Crafty Cardmakers - Challenge No. 138 - MAKE YOUR OWN BACKGROUND
A masterboard can be used to make a number of things ... I think I can make several tags from it too, but here's another card - using new stash too! Don't you love it when that happens?
|And its co-ordinated insert and envelope|
- 15cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
- 14cm square blue card, for matting
- 13½cm square cut from my masterboard
- 14cm square white card for my insert
- TCW mini circles (new stash) stencilled over the "lighter" side of my masterboard using Distress Inks in salty ocean (new stash) and picked raspberry
- Tim Holtz (for Stampers Anonymous) snowflake stamped using the salty ocean and picked raspberry Distress Inks
- Stamplorations sentiment (newish stash) stamped on to white card snippet using Brilliance
- Mediterranean Blue ink
- Tim Holtz snowflake partially stamped on the sentiment panel using the picked raspberry D.I.
- Sentiment panel matted on to a snippet of the blue card, to match the matting layer
- Stardust stickles used to highlight the snowflakes
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
- Merry Monday - Challenge No. 158 - STENCILS
- Craftbubble2½ Craft Mad & Loving It group (membership required) - Rudolph Day - USE COOL COLOURS AND/OR MASTERBOARD
FYI .... the canvas I shared with you recently ... well, that's hanging on the wall in my foyer ..
And now I'd like to share some photos of my day out yesterday ...... went to the fabulous Whimsodoodle ...
|Whimsodoodle craft store - a real treat|
|Note:- THEY were out of stock of the CRAZY BIRDS too!! - see the spacae?|
|I've already cracked open the seals on the TCW stencil, the DI mini |
and the wood mounted stamp - Yee Haa!