Wednesday, 13 May 2015

Welcome to What's On Your Work Desk Wednesday

Morning readers,

How's your week coming along? We've been busy on the domestic front with weedkilling, washing, painting, hosing down decks, gardening and yesterday ..... we collected some chairs which had been away for repair and also a part for a dishwasher (not ours, I might add) - but we all know who will be FITTING this part!!!

Anyhoo, we decided that we deserved NOT to have to cook and went to Applebees instead! Now, we've not been there in a while due to a chance encounter last trip and a very BAD experience by a good friend and her party when they were last there. New menu, not busy and a great server . . . . . and we're putting them back on the list!

Anyway, I've all but lost touch with a pal and I don't quite know how or why .... I've not seen her on-line and she's not answering my e-mails (computer probs?) so I thought I would make (and send) a card and this is what I came up - new stash always gives me focus - doesn't it you?


My 60's style card

And its co-ordinating insert and envelope
 
Materials used:
  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Snippets of card in:- white, gold linen effect and black
  • On to the snippet of white card I stamped my Stampers Anonymous lady (new stash) using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • I used my Caran d'Ache water brush and Distress Inks, water colour stylee!: antique linen, picked raspberry and dusty concorde to colour the panel
  • Stampers Anonymous circles stamped using the picked raspberry, which I also used to frame the image panel
  • Precious Remembrance Shop tiny circle stamped using Memento lilac posies and Ranger Archival onyx black ink
  • JillyBean sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival onyx black ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
 
I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Loves Rubber Stamps - Challenge No. 151 - Add a sentiment
  2. Scrap Creations - Anything Goes
  3. Party Time Tuesdays - Challenge No. 198 - Anything Goes
  4. Lawnscaping Challenges - Water Colours
  5. Addicted to Stamps & More - Challenge No.144 - CAS

And now for a quick day trip with me ..... we went out for the day on Monday, as the weather was so lovely, we stopped at St Johns Pass . . . . .never been able to park there on previous visits ..... but struck lucky with the parking lot ... have to say there was a line of cars waiting for our space when we pulled out again!
 
 
Awwww, who doesn't love a pelican? The water was so clear you could see his little webbed tootsies too

St John's Pass

Pirates? In St John's Pass?

I didn't think gators could do that!

Is it just me that thinks chocolate covered bacon is WRONG (wrong, wrong)!!!
 
It's time to share my work desk too ...

Time for a tidy up?
  
Happy Wednesday
 

16 comments:

Squirrel x said...

Happy Wednesday hun. Loving your super chic card! Thanks for sharing the photos, I have to agree about the bacon..... and your desk looks fine to me, isn't that how they are supposed to look? Hugs xx

Lesley Thomas said...

Had to giggle kathy, the desk is relatively tidy, but the bed is a real mess! Loved the use of your new stash, and I hope it does the trick, and gets you back in touch again, with your friend.

SARN said...

Thanks for the trip out in the sunshine today. Wait. . . I didn't know alligators could that either!

Well, I like chocolate, and I like bacon - but not sure about them both together!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Chocolate covered bacon!? Bleugh!! Fab pics AND a fab and very retro card. Love that. It's sun, sun, SUNNY here today. Pretty sure it is where you are too. Have a great day matey. Lx

scrappyjacky said...

Maple syrup and bacon = yes
Chocolate and bacon = no,no,no!!
Lovely card for your friend.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Always happy visiting your blog, Kathy :) - Love those retro circles! Great pics, too. Chocolate dipped bacon - probably tastes great - sweet and salty, yum!!! No need to tidy up = my desk looks the same ;)
Thanks for playing with us at ATSM!

sandie said...

Sounds and looks like you have been having fun. Very stylish card, great image and love the funky circles. Thanks for joining ATSM

Helene Siermans said...

Great card! I love how the purple pops against the white. The circles look very cool. Fantastic pics too. I think I skip those chocolate dipped bacons but I could join you and tidy up my desk as well.

Thank you for playing along with our Add A Sentiment Challenge at Loves Rubberstamps. Good luck!
Nick

catherine said...

Hope your card reaches your pal Kathy and she is ok.
Sounds like dinner was a success
x catherine

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A chic and elegant card - love your colour choice Kathy.
Thanks for sharing and playing along at ATSM challenge

Tamara said...

fun card!
Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping 
Hope to see you again next challenge
Xx Tamara

Deborah Frings said...

Like this cool, funky card - great image and super colours. I do like that you've decorated the envelope and inside too. Thanks so much for playing along with ASM this week!

My name is Wynneth said...

Love your card PP, I do hope it works it's magic and you and your pal re-start communication - who could resist a calling card like this ?

Thanks for the virtual trip too, I can't wait for October. The pelican is so sweet and the clear water looks so inviting. St John's Bay is somewhere we still have to visit.

Your workdesk looks perfect to me.

Now on to the chocolate covered bacon debate - bacon in the US is generally cooked up really crispy and so I could actually imagine this combination would taste quite good ! salty and sweet is a combination I like in salted caramel bars, so I'd be up for trying this out ha ha

luv
wynneth
x

My name is Wynneth said...

correction to my last comment:

should have typed St John's Pass not Bay Doh !

w
x

Kathyk said...

Whoops! Just realised I posted this to another friend!! Guess I'd best make another for the pal I've lost touch with - still not heard anything from her

Kathyk

Gale said...

This is a fab card Kathy. Thanks for joining us at Going Grey With Scrap-Creations in our "Anything Goes Challenge" and we hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Gale DT