Friday, 1 May 2015

Woo Hoo! It's another weekend

Morning all

And welcome to ... MAY! Where IS this year going? I'm so behind with my Christmas card quota this year that I'm likely to be making them Christmas Eve again ... which, the way things are going is ... like, TOMORROW!
 
The Purple Princess is away from  her desk today, with a neighbour playing with canvas and shaving foam - wish us luck!!
 
I recently thought I'd better have a dummy run as I'd previously only used shaving foam with inks rather than paints. I made up a few pieces of card with the technique and this is about the last of them ....
 
 
My ATC
 
And a closer view of the fabulous random-ness of the shaving foam swirls
Smells nice too!
 
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of Bristol Board with the shaving foam swirls on - glow pink/orange, neon yellow and metallic purple acrylic paints
  • Fiskars sentiment and Studiog foliage stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Dylusions border stamped using Memento lilac posies ink
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Pink fineliner pen to outline and define
 
Having bought the Inkadinkado set "Evergreen holiday" I felt duty bound to make something using at least one of the images - how about a card? Well, you know how things get sidetracked?




Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Bristol Board snippet
  • Inkadinkado "JOY" sentiment from the Evergree Holiday set, stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Pearl-ex mica paints water to colour the image
  • Distress Ink in peacock feathers used to colour wash the background and then to stamp the bough edge and also applied to the very edges of the ATC
  • Stardust stickles to highlight

Another image, water coloured and ready to roll in to something .... but what?

OK, so now I have the makings of not one but TWO Christmas cards ... so there was no excuse not to make a card now, was there?

The card

And co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • 14½cm square white, 250gsm, card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square white card panel and 14cm square black card panel
  • Snippets of white and black card
  • Inkadinkado wreath from the Evergreen Holiday stamp set inked using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Pearl-ex water colour mica paints used to colour
  • Stardust stickles to highlight
  • Once matted and layered on to my card blank I stamped the MSE (My Sentiments Exactly) sentiment stamped using Versafine onyx black ink

I'll be entering this card for the following challenges:
  1. Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Challenge - "20 minutes or less" - if you look carefully you will see that the water colouring isn't spot on - the ONLY way this could be completed in 20 minutes AND part of its charm!
  2. Fab 'n Funky - Challenge No. 257 - "CHRISTMAS"

And the complete set?



And now for the Friday Funny, a pic sent to me in e-mail form by LesleyT a regular viewer of my blog, thanks, Lesley
 
 
 
 
 
Have a great weekend peeps
 
 

6 comments:

Lauren Hatwell said...

LOL - great Friday Funny. I know how she feels :oD

Smashing projects with those lovely new stamps.

I hope you have a fantastic time with your neighbours. I just KNOW you will; your neighbours are just so lovely (no it's not me peeps :oD)

Lx

SARN said...

FABULOUS work here Kathy. Have fun playing with shaving foam and paint today. Can't wait to see the results xxx

LesleyG said...

Fabulous inspiring projects, am still waiting to have a go with shaving foam, like you say, time goes too quick! xxx

Loll said...

Hi Kathy. Have fun playing with the shaving foam today!!

Love your card and need to raid hubby's supply of shaving cream and give it a try! :)

And beautiful Christmas designs. Looks like you're catching up. Have a great weekend :)

Hazel said...

Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 226 - hope to see you again soon x

Lilian said...

Great makes Kathy. Great stamps as well. Love the JOY card. Hugs
lilian