Monday, 29 June 2015

Monday and the start of another week

Morning all

Some of you may know ScrappyJacky from her very creative blog and will (I'm sure) want to join me in wishing her a very



I've a card to share with you today too ..... as you might have known I would! Check it out and see what you think



My card
A close up of just the central image section

And my co-ordinating inside and emvelope

Materials used:

  • 15cm square white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • 13½cm square panel of white card
  • Distress Ink in shaded lilac brushed lightly in a rough slightly off centre square and also through TCW stencils, mini circles and harlequin 
  • Kaisercraft mini grid inked with the same distress ink and randomly stamped over the image panel and used to create a sentiment "box" below ... as per the sketch
  • Clearly Inspired "brushed flower" allium stamped to the left of my "image panel" using Ranger Archival watering can ink, I stamped it twice without re-inking
  • Santa Rosa sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink - I used this and am AMuse sentiment to embellish the inside and envelope
  • Judikins micro glaze applied to protect the water based colour in transit

I was inspired by a stunning card (IMHO) on a blog I visited, I hope to have made my own card sufficiently different that it pays homage rather than shamelessly copies!!! Want to see what set me thinking? Check out the walchow design blog here

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:

  1. Suzi Bee's - challenge No. 86 - Use only two colours - I used watering can and shaded lilac
  2. Paper Artsy - topic No. 12 - STENCILS
  3. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 230 - a sketch





My original card looked like this .... nice - BUT





And I liked it but I just felt that something wasn't quite right ..... the whole thing was a little off centre. I thought I could fix it by adding another image but, wouldn't you know it, I missed a little bit so, there was nothing for it but to make it a two layer card - I think I actually prefer Mark II so I guess it was a happy accident! Lucky it wasn't OLC challenge week! .....memo to self: USE YOUR STAMP POSITIONER next time this happens! DOH!

Yesterday I was getting inky with crafting pal, Lilian ......


Lilian having trouble believing this form of crafting's going to produce anything fun

OK, so NOW I believe you!


We also tried toothbrush painting, ghosting, embossed resist,
brusho's and even found time for some one colour layering


How much fun did we have? LOTS!!!, thanks Lilian! ... now all I have to do is finish one or more of my projects.



Have a great week ... it's sad/happy for me, as my aunt and uncle are moving to Birmingham this week ... they're packing today and leaving tomorrow. We'll miss them terribly but want to wish them well in their new home, which is SO much closer to their daughter. 

And, over at Bumblebees and Butterflies the talented Brenda Brown now has over 700 followers so is offering three giveaways (all fabulous) - you HAVE to be a follower and her giveaway offer closes July 13th - I've got my fingers crossed to be lucky! I have a pic of just one of the three in my sidebar!


10 comments:

SARN said...

WOW - you certainly did have a lot of fun with Lilian. That's A LOT of inkiness going on there!

Love the look of your card too and your take on the sketch.

Sending hugs for the sad part of today.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

scrappyjacky said...

Wow....thank you sooooo much for the birthday wishes.....and the lovely card.
Glad you had a fun time.

Laurie Unger said...

Great take on the sketch. I just made a card that my stamp positioner was absolutely no good at working correctly and I had better luck free hand stamping. Funny how that works.

Loll said...

Great card Kathy ... love the mix of stencils you've used. And love the pics of your samples from your play day with Lilian. All awesome ... can't wait to see what you do with them. :) xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

What a fab. way to spend the day - crafting with your best buddy!
A beautiful card - a great take on the LIM challenge!
Sylvia xx

Anne said...

Super purple card and looks like you both had a lot of inky fun!
Thanks for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Skye said...

A lovely card. I love how you have defined the areas with different backgrounds.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh I'm loving and swooning over this stunning card Kathy.
Fantastic stencilling and colours with a touch of sparkle too.
Great take on the LIM sketch and if you haven't already done so you might want to link up at AAA Cards as the theme is stencil / paste too.
thanks so much. Sarah, Less is More

Neets B said...

The Shaded Lilac works so well with just black, what a lovely card with a little sparkle too.
Thanks for sharing with us.
Anita x
Less is More

Susan Carol said...

Beautiful. The recipient will feel better right away. Love the matching inside and envelope too.