Saturday, 6 June 2015

Saturday and it's challenge day for me ....

Hey there readers and followers,

What a lovely morning yesterday? And what a wild and windy afternoon!??? Hubby went off to the field and came back (all windswept) by about 15:30! Miffed or what? I meant him but I guess I was too ... when he's off flying then I feel I can craft without guilt and his early return kind of meant I had to look busier on a domestic front! DOH!
 
Despite his early return I was able to sneak some crafting in ..... You know how it is, sometimes you see a challenge and it just sucks you right in - you just have to have a go? Well, I came across one yesterday morning ..... and here's what happened:-
 


My tag
Is it me or are you all thinking of the snake headed being from mythology? Medusa!

And a closer view which I hope shows the texture a little better

 Materials used:
  • Manila tag, which I painted using Distress Paint in mustard seed before stamping the Stampers Anonymous circle design using Memento rosebud ink
  • Card snippet, which I painted using Distress Paint in picked raspberry which was then run through my big shot inside the Tim Holtz circles embossing folder and then highlighted using Distress Ink in worn lipstick
  • White card snippet on to which I stamped the Viva Las Vegas image (from plate #921) using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
  • Alcohol markers in numerous shades of pink + flesh tone to colour my image and background
  • Paper Artsy splatter image then stamped randomly around the image using Memento rosebud ink
  • Gloss gel medium applied through TCW mini circles stencil using a spatula and set aside to dry
  • Snippet of white card (to mat image panel) coloured with Distress Ink in black soot before overstamping with a Stampers Anonymous checker pattern using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped on to white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and the "whiteness" dulled down using the excess picked raspberry ink on the blending tool, then black soot applied around the outer edges of the banner cut panel
  • Stardust stickles and some cerise pink self adhesive "metal" circles to highlight and add further texture

Here's how I reached the above project:-
 
My tag and panel complete with their acrylic paint - though (seriously?) what's with
those colour representations?? The pic below is a much (MUCH)
truer colour match!
Pink panel embossed/highlighted and yellow panel stamped with pink ink, to match

My image panel with the gloss gel medium. I like to show the gloss medium
before it dries as it shows up so much better in a photo!
Pieces in place but not yet stuck down, so I can juggle

And here are the challenges I'll be entering it for:-
  1. Craft Stamper - June's "Take it Make it" challenge - TEXTURES ... the challenge that set my creative cogs turning!
  2. In the pink - challenge No. 70 - THINGS WITH WINGS (MUST feature pink) - there's a lot of pink in this!
  3. Stamps and stencils - SMALL AND BEAUTIFUL (and use at least one stamp and stencil) - mine's a tag - I HOPE it's considered small enough - I used five stamps and one stencil - YAY!
 
As to the Viva Las Vegas plate ....
 
 
Pretty fab all round isn't it? I've now inked four of these images
 
 And then .... there are all sorts of other challenges launched today too .... onwards and upwards!

I WILL be back in just a few minutes so please be aware there will be TWO posts from me today! .... to see my second post then please follow this link
 

8 comments:

SARN said...

Very interesting tag mate. Love all the layers xxx

My name is Wynneth said...

Fabby tag PP, I just love all the layers, textures, colours going on, so many things to spy out and admire. I've still to crack open my jar of clear gloss paste, it's sitting at home awaiting my return, calling to me to hurry home !

I don't think I'll be back early enough to enter the CS challenge, the latest issue will also be awaiting my return.

Hope you've got some sunshine today, there's lots here !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Lilian said...

What a great tag Kathy. love the image.
Hugs
lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

Positively oozes texture. A triumph! Good luck with the challenge. Lx

Sue said...

Kathy, this is a great tag. I love the layers and textures you have added and the image is lovely. Thank you for sharing with us this week at In The Pink...
Sue...xxx

Meggymay said...

A wonderful tag, super textures and images. Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamps and Stencils this time.
Yvonne

Linda said...

Super tag ..... love the texture! Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

Julia S-W said...

A really pretty tag with lovely texture and colours. Thanks for joining my challenge at Stamps & Stencils. Juliax