What a lovely morning yesterday? And what a wild and windy afternoon!??? Hubby went off to the field and came back (all windswept) by about 15:30! Miffed or what? I meant him but I guess I was too ... when he's off flying then I feel I can craft without guilt and his early return kind of meant I had to look busier on a domestic front! DOH!
Is it me or are you all thinking of the snake headed being from mythology? Medusa!
|And a closer view which I hope shows the texture a little better|
- Manila tag, which I painted using Distress Paint in mustard seed before stamping the Stampers Anonymous circle design using Memento rosebud ink
- Card snippet, which I painted using Distress Paint in picked raspberry which was then run through my big shot inside the Tim Holtz circles embossing folder and then highlighted using Distress Ink in worn lipstick
- White card snippet on to which I stamped the Viva Las Vegas image (from plate #921) using Ranger Archival cobalt blue ink
- Alcohol markers in numerous shades of pink + flesh tone to colour my image and background
- Paper Artsy splatter image then stamped randomly around the image using Memento rosebud ink
- Gloss gel medium applied through TCW mini circles stencil using a spatula and set aside to dry
- Snippet of white card (to mat image panel) coloured with Distress Ink in black soot before overstamping with a Stampers Anonymous checker pattern using Ranger Archival jet black ink
- Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped on to white card using Ranger Archival jet black ink and the "whiteness" dulled down using the excess picked raspberry ink on the blending tool, then black soot applied around the outer edges of the banner cut panel
- Stardust stickles and some cerise pink self adhesive "metal" circles to highlight and add further texture
|My tag and panel complete with their acrylic paint - though (seriously?) what's with|
those colour representations?? The pic below is a much (MUCH)
truer colour match!
|Pink panel embossed/highlighted and yellow panel stamped with pink ink, to match|
|My image panel with the gloss gel medium. I like to show the gloss medium|
before it dries as it shows up so much better in a photo!
|Pieces in place but not yet stuck down, so I can juggle|
- Craft Stamper - June's "Take it Make it" challenge - TEXTURES ... the challenge that set my creative cogs turning!
- In the pink - challenge No. 70 - THINGS WITH WINGS (MUST feature pink) - there's a lot of pink in this!
- Stamps and stencils - SMALL AND BEAUTIFUL (and use at least one stamp and stencil) - mine's a tag - I HOPE it's considered small enough - I used five stamps and one stencil - YAY!
|Pretty fab all round isn't it? I've now inked four of these images|
I WILL be back in just a few minutes so please be aware there will be TWO posts from me today! .... to see my second post then please follow this link