Friday, 5 June 2015

TGI Friday

Morning all
 
Having returned from vacation you might imagine how delighted I was to have a hair appointment booked for my post vacation primp - doubly so since I'm just coming out of a cold ... and you KNOW how yucky that leaves you feeling. A bit of a pamper "sesh" was just what the doctor ordered!, Thanks, Anne, though the jury's still out on the lack of fringe (bangs)!.
 
Some good friends recently sent me the fab (and funky) Viva Las Vegas plate of images as a birthday gift and I was taken by their quirkiness - couldn't wait to get started - posted two makes on Wednesday and here's another which has been combined with the equally quirky Lost Coast Designs image .........
 
 
My ATC

And a bit of a close up!
 
Materials used
  • ATC blank
  • Snippet of white card on to which I stamped the Lost Coat background using Ranger Archival jet black ink before then adding Distress Ink in worn lipstick using a cosmetic sponge
  • Using the same cosmetic sponge I then used the mini circles stencil by TCW to add texture, using the same ink too
  • Viva Las Vegas (plate #921) image stamped on to a snippet of white card using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Pro Markers used to colour the image
  • Ranger matte gel medium used to both attach my image and to seal the Distress Ink colour, applied with a sponge although it LOOKS (if you look closely, that is) like brush strokes!!!
  • Precious Remembrance Shop sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival jet black ink
  • Icicles used to highlight
 
I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Crafting with Attitude - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Addicted to Stamps and More - challenge No. 147 - MAKE YOUR MARK (in my case alcohol MARKERS!)
  3. Little Red Wagon - challenge No. 292 - USE IT UP (something you've never used before ... in my case the VLV image)

Another friend sent me a rather fab moulding mat which I have yet to crack the seal on but ... I'm working on it!

Regular readers will recall that I swap ATC materials with a buddy on the Isle of Skye, it makes things more interesting than a straightforward ATC swap, especially since we've been doing this now for YEARS!!! The latest batch appeared on the mat recently and I posted a pic of what I received in my Wednesday post .... initially a bit stumped by them but, here's what they turned in to .....



My ATC

And a closer view
Materials used:
  • ATC blank
  • Unknown image (received on a slightly larger than ATC sized piece of white card)
  • Alcohol markers to colour - now there's a thing I've not used in a while!, preferring, of late, to use water colours of one form or another - 2015 was the year for me to get to grips with them!
  • Piece of patterned paper - I chose to use just one of the circles of, by die cutting (see below)
  • Icicles to highlight
  • Paper Artsy splatter image stamped using Memento inks: pear tart, bamboo leaves, dandelion and tangelo - presto! Multi coloured "snow"!!!!!

I'm still debating a sentiment - yes or no?

Can't remember the materials I received? I posted them initially in Wednesday's post .. but, to save you all having to scoot back, here's a reminder ...




Now, NORMALLY, I wouldn't see Pam's take on this challenge until my next swap from her but, for whatever reason, it would appear that she sent her own ATC with the materials too. Would you like to see what she chose to make with her original materials?



THIS IS PAM'S ORIGINAL ATC AND NOT MY WORK

Just goes to show how two people can start off with the same materials and manage to produce something COMPLETELY different! You may prefer Pam's or you may prefer mine and that's OK, it's what makes us different! I found it odd to see hers before I made my own and had to make a conscious effort to do something different with my materials - a little tricky given the form they took!

And now for this weeks Friday Funny, brought to you courtesy of Pat G - it's entitled "WARM MILK"
 
 
WARM MILK

In a convent in Ireland , the 98-year-old Mother Superior lay dying. The nuns gathered around her bed trying to make her last journey comfortable.

They tried giving her warm milk to drink but she refused it.

One of the nuns took the glass back to the kitchen. Then, remembering a bottle of Irish Whiskey that had been received as a gift the previous Christmas, she opened it and poured a generous amount into the warm milk.

Back at Mother Superior's bed, they held the glass to her lips. The frail nun drank a little, then a little more and before they knew it, she had finished the whole glass down to the last drop.

As her eyes brightened, the nuns thought it would be a good opportunity to have one last talk with their spiritual leader...

"Mother," the nuns asked earnestly, "Please give us some of your wisdom before you leave us."

She raised herself up in bed on one elbow, looked at them and said: "

"DON'T SELL THAT COW."

 
Have a great weekend peeps, if it wasn't so early I might suggest a "glass of warm milk"!!
 

10 comments:

SARN said...

Ha ha ha . . . like the FF.

GOOD JOB with the ATC - especially as you'd already seen your friend's final version!

LOVE that background on the first ATC . . . and the sentiment.

Hugs, Sarn xxx

Lauren Hatwell said...

Happy Friday matey. Love what you did with the lovely VLV Vulture. He's a smasher isn't he. Loving your background on your swap ATC too. It does put a completely different take on the image. Have a great weekend.

Lx

Lesley Thomas said...

Great ATC and the funny had me giggling, especially as I live in Ireland. I am going to pass that one on. he he.

My name is Wynneth said...

That's a great FF PP ! Love it.

You certainly rocked those swap materials, love your ATC That is a cute image, I also have it - I think it was a magazine freebie if I recall and there was a boy image in the set too. If you'd like me to be perfectly honest, I think she needs something in her hand, either holding or hanging from ! That's only my opinion though and may well not be anyone else's LOL I might be inclined to put a sentiment in the top left corner. Just a suggestion though.

I just adore the first ATC the vulture is totally splendid, that VLVS sheet looks most tempting, might have to add it to my shopping list for 2016 (either to shop myself or ask the Rellies to bring with them next summer) what a copy cat I am.

Haven't been by your bloggy for a few days so I'm off to check out what I've missed

Luv
Wynneth
X

My name is Wynneth said...

Not sure if my last comment posted, if not I'll do it again !

Luv
Wynneth
X

Clare Lloyd said...

fab makes. well done on your ATC.

scrappyjacky said...

I always love how people come up with totally different 'end results'.

Heather said...

Great take on our "Use It Up' challenge. A fun card. Thanks for joining us this week at Little Red Wagon.

Brenda Brown said...

Hi Kathy, alls well here just mighty busy with designing and workshops. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, hope you're feeling much better now. Super pieces of art as always and good to read a great Friday funny again.
Take care.
hugs Brenda xxx

crafty-stamper said...

hope your feeling better after your cold and love the ATC's fabulous dressed vulture-love it--Thank you for joining us at Crafting With an Attitude
Carol DT x