Tuesday, 16 June 2015

Tuesday's child gets to play .... isn't that how it SHOULD have gone?!?!?

Afternoon

Late post and on an unexpected day but ..... if I saved today's post and added it to tomorrow's then it would have been really photo heavy! Hope you understand ....

This morning I nipped off to visit a locally based crafter, Lilian. She had expressed a wish to play with alcohol inks but wasn't really sure where to start so I figured we would play ...... she had alcohol inks ....




well, four anyway! So I took mine too ... which gave us a broad spectrum of colours to choose from ... I also had a goodly number of tags to play with so here are the tags I made. I hope Lilian will share her makes on her own blog



Then it was on to other ways to use alcohol inks

Here's Lilian, having a blast!

Here's what we made .... using the blending tool (c/w felt pads) and solution and  ..... a straw!



Onwards and upwards, didn't take us quite as long as we'd thought  to cover these techniques ..... so, on to making backgrounds with Kaisercraft images and Distress Inks, Lilian has these inks but had little time to play - UNTIL NOW!



And then mica powders ..... I'd not used Rangers perfect medium in a while and TOTALLY forgot just how juicy they were and darn near rubbed all my powders off again! Easily remedied by simply adding more powder back again!




All too soon it (seemed like it went in a flash) it was time to head off home, thanks for your hospitality Lilian and I hope you enjoyed our "play date" too! ... She looks happy with the results, doesn't she?



10 comments:

Lilian said...

Thank you Kathy for taking the time to help me, , I also had a blast and learned some new things,'Hugs
lilian

Lauren Hatwell said...

It certainly looks like a fun time was had by all. I'm quite jealous ;oD Another technique under your belt Lilian. Lx

Becca Cruger said...

Isn't it fun getting to meet other crafty peeps?! Looks like the two of you had a blast experimenting with those alcohol inks!

Darnell J Knauss said...

You girls inked up a storm!! All your backgrounds are sensational, Kathy! You have a lot to make cards now and had lots of fun in the bargain!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

My name is Wynneth said...

It certainly looks like you had a lot of fun ! I remember just HOW MUCH fun can be had with alcohol inks and a straw ha ha ! Not so keen on the hangover afterwards !

Lovely DI backgrounds too.

Luv
Wynneth
X

scrappyjacky said...

Alcohol inks are great fun....I should get mine out and play!!

Loll said...

Looks like the two of you had a great day!! So fun to share with another crafter. Looks like you both have lots of fabulous backgrounds to make into cards, tags, etc. xx

Debs M said...

Great makes and looks like you had fun! x

SARN said...

OOOh, I see lots of inky loveliness going on here! Looks like you two had just as much fun as us two!

Hugs, Sarn xxx

LesleyG said...

Looks like you had a ball! great work! xxx