Saturday, 27 June 2015

Welcome to Saturday - it's the weekend!

Morning

It's Glastonbury weekend .... kicked off yesterday so what sort of weather did we have? Well, it rained!! I hope everyone at Glasto took their wellies! It's not that we're soooo very close to Glasto but we do seem to get their weather annually so it came as no surprise to hear the rain clattering against the windows yesterday afternoon, darn it!

Saturdays are usually challenge days for me and I see no reason for today to be any different ...... first out of the gate is a get well card as my stocks have taken a hit this week with a few pals about to undergo surgery.


My card

And a closer view of the colouring and sparkle

The co-ordinating insert and envelope

Materials used:
  • C6 white, 300gsm, scallop edged card blank and matching sized envelope
  • Clearly Inspired coneflower image stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink on to a snippet of white card and matted on to further snippets of grey card
  • Brusho (lemon) used in water colour style to add the petals to my coneflower
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped using Memento dandelion ink
  • Hero Arts sentiment stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Judikins micro glaze applied to the brusho colour, to protect in transit, with a finger and buffed
  • Crystal stickles used to highlight

Again with apologies to Sarn, I know how much she loves this cone flower and I don't THINK it's still available! 

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-
  1. Create and Inspire - challenge No. 24 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. Crafting with attitude - challenge No. 4 - ANYTHING GOES
  3. The Card Concept - challenge No. 38 - a colour challenge - see below .. CAS


On to another card now .....



My card

And close up of my water coloured and stamped panel

And my co-ordinating insert and envelope


Materials used:

  • Unusually for me I used a white DL aperture card ... thought it would make a change!
  • Water colour paper snippet
  • Penny Black hyacinth image stamped numerous times using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Brusho's: lemon, purple and leaf green used to watercolour the image
  • Paper Artsy "splatter" image stamped numerous times using Memento dandelion and tangelo inks
  • Judikins micro glaze applied (with a finger) to the water coloured panel, to protect in transit
  • A Muse (shorter) and Santa Rosa (longer) sentiments stamped using Ranger Archival watering can ink
  • Crystal stickles to highlight


It's another get well card as I've had occasion to use several lately ....

I'll be entering this for the following challenges:-

  1. Sister Act - challenge No. 112 - ANYTHING GOES
  2. CraftyCatz - challenge No. 285 - IT'S ALL WHITE (except the image) - this may be a bit cheeky but I'm sure they'll tell me if it's not allowed
  3. Simply Less Is More - challenge No. 230 - Sketch - see below





Have a great weekend everyone


15 comments:

SARN said...

Darn it, I should've half inched that flower while I was with u! Its so lovely & you're right, its no longer available.

Love the look is both cards but cone flower I'd my fave.

Bright sunshine y'day & 2day . . . I'm out on the patio! X

Ankie vd Polder said...

Love your LIM card, especially the coloring. Have a nice weekend, Ankie

Maaike Uijthoven said...

lovely card, great design with the window and the sentiment, certainly CAS in my opinion ;-)

Loll said...

Two gorgeous cards using Brushos in a different way. Love that coneflower! xx

Brenda Brown said...

Pretty cards Kathy, don't know about Glastonbury weather but it's supposed to be hot next week xx

Anne said...

Two gorgeous cards Kathy and the sun shone here yesterday, hope it did for you!
Thanks for joining us this week
Anne
Less is More

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 beautiful cards Kathy and loving the touch of shimmer
Great take on the sketch and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
Sarah xx
Less is More

Lisa said...

Lovely cards Kathy, such pretty flowers on both!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, I appreciate it!

Lynne said...

Two fab cards Kathy and a great take on the LiM challenge
Lynne xxx

Heather said...

Both fabulous cards Kathy, I lovely the gorgeous cornflower, lovely colours. A fantastic colouring and sparkling of the hyacinth - love your use of Brushos!!

hugs
Heather xx

Neets B said...

Fabulous CAS cards, Kathy. Love your touch of sparkle on both of these.
Thanks for sharing with us as always.
Anita x
Less is More

Kerin said...

So pretty and I love the sparkle! Thanks for joining us this week at The Card Concept :)

LauraJane:) said...

Love the added glitter and extra stamping on the inside! Thanks fro playing at TCCC!

Linby said...

Two gorgeous cards, love the touch of sparkle on them, and another heads up for me on using my brushos.
Linbyx

Claire said...

Beautiful cards - love the decorated envelope of the first and the crystal highlights are a gorgeous touch!